Abduction of The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crimson_Nails

The Fly
So here it is, written by myself and annj, so please give here credit.
Disclaimer: bullshite, don't own them, never met them, never been to a show.....:( but enough about my woes, on with the fic....

“This stargazing kit Adam gave me is brilliant! Look there’s Mars and that tiny blue dot is Planet Pleba! Bono? Bono! Are you listening to a word I’m saying?”

“What? Did you say Pleba?” Bono jumped up suddenly, ready to expose some of his infamous chest hair, and caught his foot round the leg of his chair. He stumbled forwards and half fell over the balcony railing, losing his sunglasses in the process. Edge grabbed a handful of Bono’s t-shirt and hauled him back over, causing them both to land in a heap.
“Right, that’s it, stargazing is not for me.”

“That proves what I was saying earlier; you start a hobby, buy all the gear and then give it up after your first attempt.”

Bono scowled and tried to walk dignifiedly to the door without rubbing his bum. Edge, chuckling, turned back to his telescope.

Inside, Bono chucked his ‘Beginners Stargazing’ book on to a dusty pile consisting of ‘Beginners Chess’, ‘Beginners Knitting’ and ‘Beginners Bass Playing’. He flung himself down on to the sofa, between Larry and Adam who were staring intently at the TV screen.

“Do you not know the meaning of personal space?”

“Calm down Lar, you’ve been very moody lately,” said Adam from his corner. “I know the symptoms, you’re suffering from Pleba withdrawals.”

Larry turned away, his ears going pink. Before Bono could make a remark the room flashed golden and the various words and pictures from ZOO TV flickered up on to the screen.

Only this was not enjoyable like U2’s Zoo TV. There was an insidious nature behind it, and before Larry Adam and Bono realised what was going on they were hypnotised into a zombie like state

Edge, unaware of what was happening adjusted his telescope so it focused on a star he hadn’t seem before and reeled backwards as a flash of golden light blinded him.

He spun round and a gold platformed shoe made contact with his head. Edge fell unconscious to the ground. But not before hearing this sinister laughter from somewhere in the background...

that gold shoe.......... is that... who I think it is ... :love:
it's a bit short... but it's very cool you managed to continue after the big party fic :D you both definately have a big fan in me!

It's great! I was laughing at the second line already! (The one about Bono ready to reveal chest hair...) :applaud:

I think Gg and Jez summed up my perspective on the story very well. I am so excited on what is to come!:applaud:

Great job ladies:wink:

I have to give Crimson much of the credit on this because she wrote most of it,

unfortunatly both of us had some problems going on in our rl lives, but we will try and make the next chapter a bit more longer when we get together and plot:wink:

Crimson_Nails said:
Yeah we need to get together and plot PRONTO! :hug:
I aplologise for it being so short but it's just the beginning. Some more coming up shortly.

:reject: I didn't mean it to sound like a bad thing.... I really don't mind it... I'm happy that you are both writing, don't care if it'd be finished next year! keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom