AAAAHHHH! So mad I can't even speak!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
This morning as I stumbled down the stairs, Steve presented me with the following lovely gem from the Toronto Star:

SE-BONO21.GEF7C2AD.1.jpg

"ALL THAT SAZZ: Bono basks on Sassafraz stairs before heading out to go bowling with bodacious Sassafraz staffers."

"BOWLING FOR BONO: U2 can be a big hit with the babes.

Just hang around with Bono, the lead singer for the Irish pop group.

The Edge, Bono and Larry Mullen had lunch at Sassafraz last Sunday and then disbanded, with Bono heading out into the rain with three comely Sassafraz femme staffers who took him bowling. Really."

*proceeds to slam pots and pans and doors closed, stomping around w. steam coming out of ears*

This is the last time I sleep in after not having had any sleep in 48 hours!!!!! Everyone said U2 would go straight to Chicago after Hamilton. Like an idiot, I believed it. I am never believing "everyone" again!!!

So while I was slumbering away, the Edge was at large in my town and Bono was out bowling with a bunch of people who probably didn't even appreciate it! How do you even ASK Bono to go BOWLING??!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
mad.gif

madgo.gif

At least it wasn't rugby!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

"You wanna play my guitar? Then you just come up here and play my guitar" ~Bono~

Call me grumpy this morning.
But this is how you ask Bono to go bowling...
1. Look like a supermodel.
2. Say "bono would you like to go bowling?"
3. Done.
* Step one is the most important step because, hey bowling ability is postively correlated to beauty, as everyone knows. I mean ugly chicks don't bowl...right?
*Bluey joins Mrs Edge in pot slamming*
-Growly Bluey

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-21-2001).]

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

three comely Sassafraz femme staffers who took him bowling. Really."

[/B]
BOWLING? gees I would have come up with something so much better than bowling!
I can understand why you're mad Mrs Edge

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

*insert Yosemite Sam sound here, complete with steam coming outta my ears*

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I'M MAD TOO, JESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

EDGE??? in your city??? AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW??? WHO'S THE BONEHEAD WHO DIDN'T TELL YOU??? AAAHHHH!!! And Bono!!! How could you??? How could you stoop to...to being....such a--such a....MAN??????????

WHAT is this Sassafraz place, Jess, and can we picket till it closes, or gets rid of those chicks???? (I was going to say something worse, but want to continue to post on Pleba) Is this where the BP hang out??? *grumble...growl...grouse*

BOWLING??? *BOWLING???* WTF is up with that?????
smile.gif

Oh.....well, I WAS in a good mood....
mad.gif

*proceeds to print out that picture so she can throw darts at those chicks!!!*

Disco...dammit.

Wouldn't it be adorable to see Bono in bowling shoes?

And then when those weird girls in the picture are standing around in their bowling shoes, you can just tip 'em right over, cause -- HEY! -- bowling shoes are slippy!

Or you can put crazy glue into the holes of their bowling balls so when they try to lift em up, they get stuck in a bowling moment, and they can't get out of it! And HEY -- is that a chiropractor comin their way? Cause after their arms are all stretched out you can bet they'll have bad posture and arms like gorillas for the rest of their lives!

biggrin.gif

Mona, the malice-less one

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

This is NOT what I needed to hear today!

*grumpy, sad and depressed*

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

Actually, Jess, there was a guy I met in the GA line, who seemed to be "in the know." He told me that the wouldn't be going to Chicago, but would go to Toronto after the show. Interestingly enough, he told me that Bono would be in Toronto for a few days (probably between Chicago and Baltimore) as he was getting "laser eye surgery" at the place on Bay/Front (BCE Place building). I thought it was kind of fishy, but who knows...
smile.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
WHAT is this Sassafraz place, Jess, and can we picket till it closes, or gets rid of those chicks????

It's an overrated restaurant with mediocre food placed in the part of town where celebrities hang out.

FECK !!!!

I went to Toronto after the show too !!! Looking for a spot to eat and I told my friends we should look around for them at the hotel or whatever ! But everyone thought they would leave right after..BUT NO !!!

I hate those girls in the pictures.
frown.gif

I have no luck..no luck at all.
frown.gif

It seems like I'll never meet them...I've tried 4 times and they never come out.

I don't know how Ali handles crap like that. I'm not even into Bono as much as some of the girls here and my ears are blowing out steam!!!
mad.gif

Well, Jess....*shrugs shoulders*...at least it wasn't our men going bowling with those tram-er, I mean, waitresses.
angryfire.gif

MEN.

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*runs to kitchen to join in in pot-slamming*
*takes a chain saw to computer*

Look at it THIS WAY Mrs. Edge-at least it wasn't EDGE in this pic!!!

SE-BONO21.GEF7C2AD.1.jpg

*thinks of going bowling w/ Edge and being so DISTRACTED that she gets a 'zero' total score*
biggrin.gif

*pictures LARRY in an unbuttoned bowling shirt*
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

*pictures LARRY in an unbuttoned bowling shirt*
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
HOO-AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

Oh come now; if any three of us had had the chance WE would have invited Bono to go bowling with us. And then the ladies at that restaurant would slam us in their Sunday morning posts. Sisters need to stick together! If three girls can get a cutie-pie to go bowling with them, then I say go for it girls! This means that he's open for fun with women he doesn't know. (I almost said strange women; that would surely include any of us here.)

I know--don't call you Shirley.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

OOH BABY-you can 'hang around in my alley' anytime!!!

*throw some strikes* w/ me, Mr. Mullen..
biggrin.gif

*bowling has suddenly become VERY SEXY*
Yd38196.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 10-21-2001).]

*drooooolllllll* at Larry!!!!!!!

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

At a second look at the pic, Bono look cut-in into the pic. Or is just my imagination telling me that cause I want it to be that way??
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

LOL ladies......
Don't we feel so underappreciated.....

If Bono is going bowling with a group of any girls it should be a random group of PLEBA girls........someone needs to tell him what he's missing !!!!
biggrin.gif

(or if say The Edge needs a personal and private tour of a particular city,ahem....Jess or Disco,then they should know we're here, right ?!)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I don't know how Ali handles crap like that. I'm not even into Bono as much as some of the girls here and my ears are blowing out steam!!!
mad.gif

I totally agree! She must be a really strong woman. What is with Bono hanging out with girls half his age? I mean, I am half his age, but if he hung out with me I would think it was a little weird.

I am in such a bad mood today. This is the first thing I saw this morning, and it wasn't pleasant. I don't even like Bono right now!!
mad.gif
J/K

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
mad.gif

You have to admit it's not as bad as the rolling around on stage thing, which didn't impress me at all.

But yeah, I think Bono is a sweetie and I admire him and Ali for keeping their marriage going for so many years but I do think she puts up with a lot.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 10-21-2001).]

Um...can you say MID-LIFE CRISIS???

Hey, Bono admitted it himself in "New York!"
wink.gif

Originally posted by bluesky:
What is with Bono hanging out with girls half his age? I mean, I am half his age, but if he hung out with me I would think it was a little weird.

The only reason it's *not* weird is cos he's BONO!!!!

Grrr...grouse...grumble...fume...*combust*

*consoles self with thoughts of Larry in hotel room reading some big important novel while Bono goes out at all hours of the night*

rolleyes.gif

I'm the first to admit it, I could never be a rock star's wife. lol (Or girlfriend of 25+ years.)

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Originally posted by bluesky:
What is with Bono hanging out with girls half his age?
...ain't nothin wrong with that!

*lassoes that tamale* lol Bono's like 50 times my age

41 - 17 =24. That's not....too bad...
biggrin.gif
he might get arrested, but...

Cheers to Ali for putting up with Bono and trusting him

Jeers to them other girls

Cheers to Bono bc he loves Ali and IS trustable

Jeers to Mona bc from now on she'll be going around calling Bono her 'trusty Irishman'

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

Wow! I had no idea this would spark such furor!
biggrin.gif
There's nothing better than having a bunch of like-minded women comiserating in your annoyance. Thank you!!!
smile.gif

And it's not even that Bono went bowling with them (although that is irritating in itself, esp. if they aren't fans), but it's that EDGE WAS AT LARGE WITHOUT ME!!!! That just kills me. Sassafraz is totally easy for me to get to as well. So depressing.
frown.gif

But thank you for gnashing your teeth with me, it does make me feel better.
smile.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:

...ain't nothin wrong with that!

*lassoes that tamale* lol Bono's like 50 times my age

41 - 17 =24. That's not....too bad...
biggrin.gif
he might get arrested, but...

Cheers to Ali for putting up with Bono and trusting him

Jeers to them other girls

Cheers to Bono bc he loves Ali and IS trustable

Jeers to Mona bc from now on she'll be going around calling Bono her 'trusty Irishman'

As I suspected, you will make a wonderful wife. I know, because I AM a wonderful wife.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

[This message has been edited by martha (edited 10-21-2001).]

I think a little male perspective is needed here: The blond on the far left is gorgeous.

Thank you.
MAP

p.s.- Bono is the luckiest bastard who ever lived.

Back
Top Bottom