A Warriors Homecoming: Chapter 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALass4Larry

Acrobat
Trying to break free from Larry's subconcious
Chapter 5: OK...No disrespect intended, for entertainment purposes only, this is fiction, etc...

Tom could not meet Lawerence's gaze. He stood up and limped to the window, his back facing Lawerence. "We knew for a long time, the elders did, that it was bound to happen. The English would come to Artaine eventually. We knew they'd been to other places in Ireland." Tom took a deep breath and turned around. "But ye did fine,boy-o, ye did fine." Lawerence stood up and grasped Tom's hand. "I thank you for the meal, but I'll be heading home now," he said. Lawerence started to walk out the door but Tom's voice stopped him. "You won't be findin' anyone there, lad, not anymore." Lawerence sensed the old man's fear. "Tell me where they've gone." The steel in his voice was evident. "Ah lad, I didna wanna be the one to tell ye, it's something ye need to see for yerself." Tom opened the door of the small cottage and walked out, with Lawerence right behind him.

"Where are ye taking me?", Lawerence demanded. "What do you want me to see?" Tom didn't answer. Lawerence grabbed the old man by the arm. Before he could say anything Tom spun around, freeing his arm and knocking Lawerence on his arse in one swift movement. "Ye keep yer hands off me boy-o, or on the ground you'll find yerself again!" Lawerence stared up at Tom and scowled. Anger flashed in his eyes and he felt an emotion that had come to be too familair in recent years. It was fear, and Lawerence didn't like it. He sat on the ground and watched Tom, reddened and sweaty, walk away.

When he was at a safe distance Tom turned around. "Well, get up off the ground, lad, I haven't got all day!" Lawerence stood up and followed the old man, an uneasy feeling tickling the back of his neck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom