A Warrior's Homecoming: Chapter 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALass4Larry

Acrobat
Trying to break free from Larry's subconcious
This story happened only in my mind, which means it's total fiction, no disrespect to any in U2 world, comments welcome...ENJOY!

CHAPTER 4

Lawerence entered the shop as the sun rose. "Come in , Boy-o, come in," called Tom. "Sit down and break yer fast." Tom sat across from him, pretending to busy himself with the meal. In truth, he wanted to observe him. There was a haunted look about the lad's face and Tom wondered exactly what had happened to Lawerence in the years he was gone from Artaine. More importantly, what would happen to him once he found out about what happened the night he left.

"What can you tell me about the time ye've been away, lad?" Tom leaned forward. Lawerence leaned back and stared out the window. His glaze was clouded and he seemed thousands of miles away. Finally, he spoke. "I did what ye told me, Tom. I rode that horse as fast as it would go. The banks of the Liffey were overflowing with men from all over Dublin, as well as Malahide. even as far away as Galway Bay!"

"I fell in with a group led by Declan O'Connor. We faced hordes of English almost constantly. They're a bloodthirsty lot, I tell ye." Lawerence paused for a drink and Tom tensed, knowing what was next. Lawerence went on. I stayed for as long as I could, doing all I could. I think we've beaten them, at least for a time.

No one I've met has been able to give me news about home, so here I am to see for myself. What say you, Tom?"

youvedonewhat said:
Delicious. You write their speech so well. And as for the fair Lawrence...:drool: I wonder what did happen to him whilst he was away?

I'm trying to build suspense, don't know how it'll turn out exactly, but I think by the next chapter he won't be too happy.
Mullen tends to be sullen in any century he drops into...

ALass4Larry said:

I'm trying to build suspense, don't know how it'll turn out exactly, but I think by the next chapter he won't be too happy.
Mullen tends to be sullen in any century he drops into...

:lol: And a fine job he does of it too, but then that's part of his attraction isn't it..:drool:

Back
Top Bottom