a u2photos.com update - 10th anniversary!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottofilm

The Fly
Hi gang -

U2photos.com is ten years old this week! (Whoa, where does the time go?)

The domain itself is six years old today, but the first photos went up July 4th, 1997, of the Los Angeles Popmart show. There were more than 20,000 hits that first day, and traffic has never slowed down. The site now has about 2,400 photos from three tours.

To celebrate the anniversary, I've done some cleanup on the site. Finally, there are next/previous navigation buttons! It's now possible to go through all the photos from a tour or set without having to go back and forth to the thumbnails page.

Most of the fan photos from Elevation are back, both with their proper shows and in their own set. This includes setlists, signs, banners, lines, costumes at the Halloween show, and more. (Some of the Giant Pink Bunny photos are back; the rest will be along later.) There's also special sets now for fans on stage, special guests on stage, and photos of the full band. The front now has six random favorites each time you reload, and the tour and show sets pages are completely revamped.

Next up: the rescanning project will finally be underway! I hope to have old film going through the scanner as early as this weekend, and I'll post brand new larger, cleaner, sharper, spiffier JPGs of images as I go.

The site is at www.u2photos.com of course. :)

Thanks everyone for ten years of visits and email and comments!

Enjoy!
otto

You are awesome Otto. It wouldn't be as great as it is around here without your photos. Thank you! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom