A Story Without Me 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jobob

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
A Story Without Me
Chapter 2: Checking Each Other Out.

Author's Notes and Disclaimer: I disagree with a comment in the Mojo U2/Vertigo tour cover story: Bono would still basically be Bono without U2. So here I am, playing with my theory. I am only borrowing Bono. I promise to personally return him to the Popular Music section when I'm done. As the president would tell you, Bono has to continue the Vertical Tour. PLEBA Party women, my new friends, there's a little something here especially for you. Without further adeu, let us return to our library:

"I've never slept with a librarian before, either ..." The sexy, playful whisper echoes in your ear. Oh. My. God. And I've never been propositioned in a library before.

"What did you just say?"

If it were anyone else, anywhere else, any other time, you'd walk away. Perhaps even slap the man. But not now. It's been a long time since you ... Let's just say you're at severe risk of living a stereotype. A stereotype you hate. Spinster librarian. Spends her entire life among books and computers. Always too much of a bookworm for her own good. At least you don't own any cats and your hair's too short for a bun. Not that you've ever seen a librarian wear her hair in a bun outside of bad movie roles. And most other librarians you've ever met are married or in a relationship.

"Pardon me." He looks at you with concern in his eyes. "That was too forward, wasn't it? Sometimes I do speak without thinking. However, I am interested in you, in getting to know you better. May I have another chance? May I take you out to dinner tonight?"

Oh, what the hell. Live a little. Maybe live a lot.

"Yes, B. Wait for me outside. I'll meet you just after eight, after I finish closing up," you whisper to him. He nods, gets up, and walks, with book in hand, towards the Self-Service Check Out machine at the circulation desk.

You're trying to close the library quickly, very quickly. After you turn off the computers, and inspect some tables and chairs, the library director walks up to you.

"Did the man you were just talking to lose these?" B's sunglasses are in her hand. You say yes, take them from her, and tell her you'll return them to him. She smiles. Apparently she saw something going on between the two of you.

"I'll finish locking up. Get out of here. Enjoy the rest of your evening. See you again on Saturday."

You walk for the main door, blue sunglasses in hand. As you go through the double glass doors, you see B outside in the warm summer night, book still in one of his large hands.

"Hello again. You left these behind you," you say as you extend your right hand to give him back his sunglasses. "However, I think you look very handsome without them."

"Thank you," he says, taking the sunglasses. Instead of putting them back on his face, B opens his jacket while still holding onto his book with one hand, and slips the shades into his inside pocket with his free hand. "For the return of my sunglasses and for the compliment."

He puts the book on the sidewalk, moves close to you, wraps his arms around your waist, and gives you a warm, friendly hug. And, then, another, deeper, kiss. This kiss, you can, and do, return.

After the kiss breaks, and you both breathe again, your arms are still around each other.

"We can't stay here," he says. "I promised you dinner, and they don't serve dinner at the front doors of libraries."

"You're bringing up a fascinating idea, by the way. More and more libraries now have coffeehouses, just like every Barnes and Noble has a Starbuck's. Why not dinner? Or food delivery service?"

"A certificate for cooking lessons every time you borrow a cookbook!" He laughs.

"Oh, this has possibilities ... wine, but not Merlot, when you borrow 'Sideways' ..." Now, you're laughing along with him.

"Chinese food with martial arts movies? Like Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, both 'Kill Bill' movies, even. Or 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'?" He snorts, chortles, laughs all out of proportion to what he just said. "You know, I have absolutely no idea in the world why I suddenly found that movie title so funny."

"'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' happens to be one of the best movies I've ever seen!" You're amazed he mentioned it. You just bought its DVD on sale at Target the other week. "Beautiful photography, amazing special effects. Two wonderful love stories. And fight scenes! I have it on DVD. We should see it sometime ..."

"C'mon," he says, ending the hug and taking your hand in his. "As I'm sure you already know, there are restaurants just a few blocks from here. It's a beautiful night. Let's walk to them together." You lean towards each other for another kiss.

The kiss ends. You see the book, nearly forgotten, on the pavement.

"Don't forget the reason why you were here," you say as you point to B's book.

"Oh, no, I haven't forgotten," he replies, bending down beside you to retrieve his borrowed book. You notice he has a firm, well-rounded, very nice ... behind.

Book in one of his hands, your hand in his other hand, your walk begins.

You and B walk, hand-in-hand, through the small park outside the library door. The town's shopping and entertainment district is only a few blocks away. You and your library are in an affluent suburb. The shopping district has more than its share of trendy boutiques, a movie theater specializing in art and independent films, one of the best hotels in town, and several nice restaurants.

"It is such a beautiful night," you say.

"And may I say you look so beautiful tonight?"

Really? Why, B, you flatterer, you ... You open your mouth to object, or to tease him. Better just take his compliment. "Thanks," you simply say.

"I've always loved warm summer nights like this. I just feel something in the air during them, something I can't quite explain," you say next, catching his eye.

"Hard to put that feeling into words, isn't it? Still, I may know what you mean," he replies. "Maybe on nights like this you've always felt ... possiblity?" and he squeezes your hand.

"That's it. Possibility." You smile at him, squeeze his hand back.

Eeee I'm loving this story. Is he going to sing her the song from Music Man- I love you madly madly madam libraaaarian? lol. Keep up the good work.

^ Yeah, thats what I've gathered so far, Bono is just a regular guy, but with the same personality, sex appeal and charisma. :)

Edited: I just read the disclaimer in the first chapter :reject: and it said that it is Bono without U2

Last edited:
hay said:
^ Yeah, thats what I've gathered so far, Bono is just a regular guy, but with the same personality, sex appeal and charisma. :)

Edited: I just read the disclaimer in the first chapter :reject: and it said that it is Bono without U2

oh ok, thanks! I guess I missed that thing in the first chapter :reject:

hooray for the update! :applaud:
I really like this story. the whole librarian thing with B :cute:

keep up the great work :up:, and I'll be waiting for the next chapter :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom