A Soul Generated by Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
That's Bono!

While doing some preliminary research regarding the upcoming MLK Holiday which will be celebrated next month (17 January), I went back to The King Center's website to pull up the info that they had and look what I found:

http://thekingcenter.com/holiday/kc_events.html

Pics that I have never saw of Bono's time at The King Center last January when he was honored as their 2004 International Recipient for their "Salute to Greatness" Award.

Since this event is one of the events that I hold closest to my Heart (since I was able to attend and have a "Bono moment", I really wanted to share this with all of you.:wink:

Consider it my holiday gift to PLEBA (since I can't post pics myself).

Bono - "a Heart full of Grace, a Soul Generated by Love"

(Dr. King's words from his "Drum Major for Peace" speech) :angel:

LOVE IS BIGGER THAN US....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

http://www.thekingcenter.com

Since you said you couldn't post pics, Jam, I went ahead and posted them for you! :heart:

xuko5

xukqd

xukrc

xukv5

xukvs

xukwz

Thanks, stars, for posting several pics that I had never saw before from that magnificent day in Atlanta for the B-man.:up:

One thing about that day that I will always hold close in my heart was when Bono mentioned (actually he mentioned it several times during the day) how glad he felt because Coretta (Scott King) had decided to "adopt" him that day!

It was very moving to be in a room with him not more than five ft. away from me and hear his voice crack as he said that he had not had a mum for thirty years so it felt good again to have a mum.:wink:

A very touching moment. I'm glad to share it.

DOES LOVE LIGHT UP YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:
One thing about that day that I will always hold close in my heart was when Bono mentioned (actually he mentioned it several times during the day) how glad he felt because Coretta (Scott King) had decided to "adopt" him that day!

It was very moving to be in a room with him not more than five ft. away from me and hear his voice crack as he said that he had not had a mum for thirty years so it felt good again to have a mum.:wink:

Oh god, someone please pass me a tissue. :sad: What a dear and wonderful man he is....

Thank you for sharing that story, Jam. :hug:

you're very welcome. stars. :wink:

and the amazing thing is that it's true - I still have it on audiotape.

You can see the closeness between them in those pics. It was glorious.

IN THE NAME OF LOVE....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

starsgoblue said:
This pic is sorta related so I'm posting it cause I just love the look on Bono's face....he seems very touched.

xy3yr

The caption on Ottos site says the poster was already torn...B didn't do it! :wink:

Jeez!..hopefully no one thought B-man was pulling a Sinede O'Conner there...

Not that I did, cause I know he totally respects MLK

(Dang! I could never spell her name!)..LOL!

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:

Jeez!..hopefully no one thought B-man was pulling a Sinede O'Conner there...

Not that I did, cause I know he totally respects MLK

(Dang! I could never spell her name!)..LOL!

:lol:

No no no! :D The review I read about that show says a fan tried to pass it up to Bono and it was already ripped....I can imagine a poster inside the heart doesn't stand much of a chance.

Back
Top Bottom