A quick note about my photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottofilm

The Fly
Hi gang -

Because I get asked a lot about prints and I so rarely answer the email about prints (sorry! have a baby due in a week - been busy!), I thought I'd point out that two of my images are in the African Well Fund auction that ends early early Monday morning. They're both 20 by 30 inches - effectively poster size! - and they are the only prints of that size/border/paper I've made, so for now you could say they're prints 1 of 1. (Of course those two have been printed before and will be again, but just never like that.)

One of them is the Bono in the two spotlights image that was twelve feet tall in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's U2 exhibit and is also on the cover of Walk On: auction | see the photo on my site

The other photos is of Bono and The Edge head to head during Until the End of the World; it was in that Bono feature story from Rolling Stone last November, and was also in U2 Live.
auction | see the photo on my site

Of course, there are nearly 100 photos in the auction; tons of great stuff from tons of talented photographs. Check out all of the photo auctions. For more info on the AWF, visit the African Well Fund Home Page.

A little tease for you PLEBAns: it's going to take me a few months, perhaps, but I'm going to be reposting all of my U2 photos - bigger (about 200% in area), sharper, clearer. I've learned a lot about image post production the last few years, and it's time to make a few updates.

Thanks all. Have a great weekend!

otto

Last edited:
The two you chose to donate to the AWF are among the greatest of your VERY great catalog. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for doing that, and look forward to seeing your updated site ... whenever.

Congratulations, Papa!!

your photos are wonderful! The spirit of u2 is present in each. Thanks so much for sharing.

Wow thanks so much and congrats! I had been watching the bidding on those 2 photos because they're really doing great! A great cause and so nice of you to donate your beautiful work. :)

Yes thanks so much for donating such amazing work!

As one of the AWF board members said - 'It's amazing to think that a photo of your favorite rock star can translate into a drink of clean water for someone else'

for those who haven't seen it, U2.com has a story up about the auction http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1931

congratulations and best wishes on the birth of your child

Thanks all. If it's not too OT I'll try to post a baby picture when the baby comes along.

Remember the auction is for a really good charitable cause and if anyone wants in, you've just over a day and change left. I know my two pictures are getting up there but there are still a number of inexpensive pictures, and of course many of these are by fans who don't usually print pictures at all and this is a one time shot to get them. The auction listings are listed above.

I actually had cause to think about this this week - our local water utility is doing their spring line flush and our water was sort of brown for about a day. Clean water is something so easy to take for granted. I'm glad I was able to be a part of this. Thanks all!

otto

Wow - it looks like the auction total will be huge. I'm amazed. I will absolutely be donating photos next year.

And way OT, for those who are wondering... my son was born a week earlier than expected!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous picture!! Absolutely beautiful! :)

And yay I won a photo in the auction.... (not one of yours, *I wish!* but wow they did great!!!) but still I'm happy to be contributing to this!

So... Happy Birthday Bono!

And Congrats Otto!

it was huge!!!

The U2 photo auction ended this morning and it was a resounding success! Over $11,000 was raised for this year's Build a Well for Bono's Birthday Fundraiser.

The African Well Fund would like to express our sincere appreciation to all those who made this auction happen:
Phil Romans, Ruth Barohn, Otto Kitsinger, Mike Kurman, Sherry Lawrence, Matthias Muehlbradt, Jim Rinaldi, Babette Ross, Lynelle Trigalet, Henry Wagner and Rob Wanenchak.

We would also like to thank all those who bid on the photos, your generosity is astounding! The Birthday campaign continues until May 6th. If you made a bid on a photo but did not win the auction, please consider making a donation to the fundraiser anyway.Visit www.africanwellfund.org for more information.

Check back soon for updates on the Zimbabwe project that these donations will fund and for the final totals for this year's fundraiser.

Just a reminder - the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday drive is in its final days - if you are planning to donate and haven't done so yet - NOW is the time!!!
http://www.africanwellfund.org/Bono-Well-2006.html

This year's drive got a tremendous boost from the amazingly successful Photo Auction - over $11,000 was raised! We are hoping to announce a record breaking total this year and the photo auction will go a long way towards helping us to meet this goal.

We've added some pictures to our site of the wells built with last year's donations, please visit to see how your money was used.

As always - thank you to everyone for your generous support!

Back
Top Bottom