A Question regarding Bono and Simon LeBon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illumination70

The Fly
I heard a couple years ago Bono and Simon were the best of friends.
The next thing I hear is they broke-up as "friends", my question is does anyone now what happened?
I'm asking because it seemed as if it were a "beautiful friendship" between two men who had alot in common
( professions, deep-thinkers, etc).

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever heard anything about Bono and Simon LeBon ... other than that they both sang on the Band-Aid single.

JCOSTER said:
I bet oneu2 would know. :yes:

:wink:

As far as I know nothing ever happened to their friendship as there have been pictures of them together in the press over the years.

As a ginormous fan of both I've never known them to even be such close friends just aquaintances

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Simon Carmody? He is a very close friend of Bono's but I haven't heard anything about them falling out.

Dana

I've never heard anything about them being close friends.

However I do know someone who's met both of them. She said one was the sweetest person ever, just went out of his way to talk to her and give her his undivided attention. The other was a total ass****.

Guess which was which... :hmm:

As a former teen magazine editor during the height of Duranmania, this thread is very interesting to me!

This quote from Bono in "U2 By U2" is certainly appropriate for it. It's about him and Adam being at the taping of the "Do They Know It's Christmas" single:

"Let's say (other musicians) didn't work very hard to make me feel (welcome) except for one person. Simon LeBon spotted me feeling awkward and out of place, and came over. 'Do you want a drink? Are you OK?' Duran Duran were super-pop stars at this point and I thought he had some grace and a sense of humour."

Good for you, Simon.

Diane L said:
As a former teen magazine editor during the height of Duranmania, this thread is very interesting to me!

This quote from Bono in "U2 By U2" is certainly appropriate for it. It's about him and Adam being at the taping of the "Do They Know It's Christmas" single:

"Let's say (other musicians) didn't work very hard to make me feel (welcome) except for one person. Simon LeBon spotted me feeling awkward and out of place, and came over. 'Do you want a drink? Are you OK?' Duran Duran were super-pop stars at this point and I thought he had some grace and a sense of humour."

Good for you, Simon.

awww!!!...but yeah I never knew Bono and Le Bon being close friends as maybe Bono was with Hutchence..

and I was a Durannie b4 I was a TOTAL UNCURABLE FOREVER U2 FREAK :D

BonoFox1 said:

awww!!!...but yeah I never knew Bono and Le Bon being close friends as maybe Bono was with Hutchence..

and I was a Durannie b4 I was a TOTAL UNCURABLE FOREVER U2 FREAK :D

Oh me too, I loved Duran Duran until a certain Irish band replaced them in my affections :wink:

I do remember reading an interview with Duran Duran a while ago though when Simon Le Bon was saying how sad he felt over the death of Michael Hutchence as they'd been pretty good friends. He also said something about partying one summer in the south of France with Michael and Bono and they'd formed some sort of club :shrug:

Greenlight said:

Oh me too, I loved Duran Duran until a certain Irish band replaced them in my affections :wink:

I do remember reading an interview with Duran Duran a while ago though when Simon Le Bon was saying how sad he felt over the death of Michael Hutchence as they'd been pretty good friends. He also said something about partying one summer in the south of France with Michael and Bono and they'd formed some sort of club :shrug:

LOL!! THOSE DARN IRISH MEN!!!:madwife:................:love:

Bono, Hutch and Le Bon partying in France?? too bad there are no pics:drool:

blueeyedgirl said:

Well, 26 years later, I still have no fucking idea what "sanhedralite" is......

Let me help you:

What does the line "gorging your sanhedralite" in "To The Shore" mean
According to some sources, Sanhedren is a translation of a Talmud, Judaism's most revered books. A Sanhedralite is a follower of the Talmud Sanhedren's beliefs, which teaches hope, compassion and kindness. The Talmud Sanhedren states: "For nine days one can feed upon the love which overflows his heart, but then one must find an ocean short at which to refill one's cup." Simon's lyrics are: "When your nine days feed is up and you've drained your loving cup, come stands reeling to the shore." Gorging your Sanhedralite, then, should mean to fill one's heart with another's love.

Source: Duranies Connections FAQ Database http://pub23.bravenet.com/faq/show.php?usernum=1933574488&catid=2386&keywords=&q=5243&v=y#q9

I used to be a Duranie too.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom