A question regarding Adam Clayton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illumination70

The Fly
I was thinking about Adam and what his opinion about the member of U2 who isn't married and has no kids.
I'm asking because I'm a woman who is in a similar situation and I sometimes wonder if he gets peer pressure by the married members of U2.

Hi!:wave:
As far as I know, Larry isn't married either. But you're right, he has kids too.
I can't imagine that in a group like U2 where there is so much love between the members, there is something so childish as peer pressure.
I don't think we should be worried about Adam, first, it's not our business, and second,
we don't know if he has a girlfriend or not.

1. A couple of weeks ago the press said that he was dating (for the last 3 months) a woman who works in a bank and they were having a romantic dinner in Temple. :heart:

2. I think that the other 3 make a joke or two about it, but just for fun.:lol:

3. Once he told this ... about long time away from home (on tour). At that time he was living with Suzie.

"Is that less of a problem for you, given that you're not married?

Adam Clayton: It's not a problem, but I'm still aware of how much we leave behind. I still have a girlfriend and home and a family and dependents, so I'm aware of the upheaval in me, because I'm not going to be there physically or mentally for these people because I'm in a different time zone. And performing at this level requires an absolute commitment and dedication. You can't half commit".

"Is that less of a problem for you, given that you're not married?

Adam Clayton: It's not a problem, but I'm still aware of how much we leave behind. I still have a girlfriend and home and a family and dependents, so I'm aware of the upheaval in me, because I'm not going to be there physically or mentally for these people because I'm in a different time zone. And performing at this level requires an absolute commitment and dedication. You can't half commit".

WOW, now there's a man with a good head on his shoulders!!! :up:

I don't for a second think the guys pressure anybody about anything in each others lives; other than the artistic stuff. They come from the school of live and let live, that's why they are so cool....no judgement whatsoever. At least that is the impression that I get. They support each other.

And Adam strikes me as the kind of guy that really doesn't give a rip what anybody thinks; he does he own thing as he has from the beginning. :applaud:
Plus if you are worried about what others think, then you need to change how you view your situation whatever that is because what they think does not matter at all... it's your life.

I heard this saying somewhere when the discussion turned to this subject, "what other people are thinking is none of your business"
right? And half the time people are so self consumed they aren't thinking about you anyway!!!:D

I always thought that Adam is the kind of guy that has his own rithym, so maybe this is why he never get married

When you get into a relationship, you have to be sure about what you want, cuz your partner also has feelings.Is not a good thing hurt everybody just because you're not 100% compromised

And Adam is coooool. I like him single :cute:

And don't worry about what people thinks of you. If you feel alright beeing a single lady...

:*

Some people just prefer being single. It doesn't mean they are gay or relationship-shy, they just prefer their lifestyle like that. I know many people, myself included, who prefer being single. There's something freeing about not being tied down or suffocated by a marriage with kids etc. Also Larry and his lady have never married (to the best of our knowledge not that it matters to anyone). No reason for Adam to marry. Stay single is my vote. :up:

Some people just prefer being single. It doesn't mean they are gay or relationship-shy, they just prefer their lifestyle like that. I know many people, myself included, who prefer being single. There's something freeing about not being tied down or suffocated by a marriage with kids etc. Also Larry and his lady have never married (to the best of our knowledge not that it matters to anyone). No reason for Adam to marry. Stay single is my vote. :up:

:applaud::hug: from another single female.

I`ve never wanted kids as I have no maternal urges at all and now I`m in my 40`s I don`t think I could live with another person - I`m too set in my ways and far too independent. I love friends coming to stay for a few days but I`m always so glad when they leave and I get my home back all to myself!!!

:applaud::hug: from another single female.

I`ve never wanted kids as I have no maternal urges at all and now I`m in my 40`s I don`t think I could live with another person - I`m too set in my ways and far too independent. I love friends coming to stay for a few days but I`m always so glad when they leave and I get my home back all to myself!!!

OMG, I thought I was the only woman here who felt this way, thank goodness I'm not alone in this area!!
:wave:

Hi from another single female in her 30s. I like this way of living. I lived with one of my ex-boyfriends for two years and it didn't work out, since then I prefer to live alone. I like my privacy, I really do. I'm just not the kind of person for long-term relationships. So, even though I consider myself a Bono girl (and I really admire him and Ali for their long-time friendship and marriage), I must say that I'm closer to Adam in regards to lifestyle.

OMG, I thought I was the only woman here who felt this way, thank goodness I'm not alone in this area!!

I'm 29 and live alone. I've never wanted kids either, but pets are fun. And furry. And always happy to see you and if they're bad you can legally lock them in the bathroom. I like living alone, as does my boyfriend. We both get pressured by random people (co-workers questions mostly) about getting married, moving in together and so forth. I wish more people would live and let live.

I'm 29 and live alone. I've never wanted kids either, but pets are fun. And furry. And always happy to see you and if they're bad you can legally lock them in the bathroom. I like living alone, as does my boyfriend. We both get pressured by random people (co-workers questions mostly) about getting married, moving in together and so forth. I wish more people would live and let live.

Arghh..........thats what I always say to people. I`d rather have a dog because they`re loyal, loving and can be put in kennels when you want to go on hols!!!

I`d much rather live alone and sleep alone - lets face it a double bed is only big enough for one person to stretch out in really. But big enough for 2 for non-sleeping:sexywink:

I think if you live alone/separate you tend to make more of an effort when you meet up and really appreciate each other more, yet you still get total independance when you want it. Maybe it takes even more effort and trust to stay together when you don`t live together because there is nothing legally binding you together.

Then again maybe we`re an odd type but there`s more of us then people imagine :lol:

Hi from another single female in her 30s. I like this way of living. I lived with one of my ex-boyfriends for two years and it didn't work out, since then I prefer to live alone. I like my privacy, I really do. I'm just not the kind of person for long-term relationships. So, even though I consider myself a Bono girl (and I really admire him and Ali for their long-time friendship and marriage), I must say that I'm closer to Adam in regards to lifestyle.

Same here. I've been in relationships (two that almost ended in marriage) and I concluded I'm better off by myself. I am close to my family, love my nephews, have lots of friends, but it's nice to be able to come home, close the door and curl up alone. My job is rewarding and demanding, and requires me to be on call, sometimes 24 hours a day, so I cannot imagine subjecting a family to this unless I had a very understanding husband. Some of my friends have happy marriages, and I envy them; more have been divorced, so it seems to be about a one-in-three success rate.

I doubt Adam feels any peer pressure from the other members of U2; he's in his late 40s and if he were going to get married just because they got married (well, Bono and Edge anyway), it would have happened before now.

Yeah, I know what you guys are talking about
Even I'm 15, i know (Oh, God, how I know!) that sometimes, is so much better to be alone.
Is a question of respect each others area.I don't like that kind of guy that follows me everywhere I go, agree with every single word that I say...But they're too in love to notice that, so, I get always frustated bout guys and this lovey stuff.
Is so great go to a party, meet cute guys and don't have to worry if you fell atraction with one of they!It's great to dance without somebody telling you that dance it's not apropietated for a compromised girl and all this crap...
Really, i prefer to be single, trust me, it's better :up:

Ah, Yes but remember Adam has been engaged twice. First to Naomi Campbell (Thank God he didn't marry her!) and just recently to Susie Smith. So he doesn't seem against marriage, it just hasn't worked out for him yet. I've always wondered who broke up with who in those engagements.

Back
Top Bottom