a question about dot photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i thought id ask the pic queens.
I have a dot photo account and i uploaded a pic there of a photo i scanned myself.
Now I go back to find its gone!
It was actually a scan of a concert ticket.
Whats the deal?
Why would i suddenly disappear like that?
The other pics are there still.

Anyone know?

Well, just to let you know....

I've lost several pictures, as evidenced by the many red X's that adorn my past picture posts.

I'm pissed off because dotphoto never bothered to tell me why they felt it necessary to take my pictures. I had several personal family and friends pictures uploaded. Gone.

I really don't know why, though. I haven't been given a reason, unfortunately. I read from someone else on this board that she got a response from dotphoto - something like the pictures weren't of "printable quality" so that's why they were deleted. Stupid answer from dotphoto, if you ask me.

Moonie

Hmmm...the only thing I can think of about the "printable quality" thing, is maybe if you made your pictures private?

It's a puzzlement. I do have to say that the only problem I've had with DotPhoto is that they blew up all of my small pictures. But none of mine have disappeared...Don't know what to say...

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

All my albums are private..... the only place I've posted the pictures is here.
frown.gif

Moonie

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
All my albums are private..... the only place I've posted the pictures is here.
frown.gif

Moonie

frown.gif
I'm sorry moonie.

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

If you're just looking for a place to host your private pics, then I'd really recommend Snapfish.com I've never ever ever had them blow away ANYTHING of mine, and I've had an account on there for over a year and have about 300 pics up.

I am the one who wrote dotphoto and asked them why photos in my private albums were being deleted without notification. they responded with the b.s. statement that they periodically do sweeps of albums and delete without warning pictures that do not have a high resolution that would result in good printing. i think that is a load of crap for them to be doing that without warning. at least they did not respond with copyright infringment. anyway, i am using webphotos.com right now. they seem pretty good and they have yet to touch any of my photos. *knock on wood*

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 02-07-2002).]

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
hi sula...

question about snapfish....

Once you upload the maximum allowed, can you start another account under the same e-mail address and upload more? I have more than 300 photos (scary, I know...
biggrin.gif
).

Moonie
biggrin.gif

hey Moonie,

Actually I don't know what the maximum is allowed on snapfish. I have about 20 albums there under my account with varying amounts of photos in all of them. I've not yet had them tell me I'm approaching any kind of limit. I don't think you can have more than one account per email addy since your email addy IS your account name. But you could just sign up for multiple web-based yahoo or hotmail addies and register a snapfish account for each of them, I'd imagine.
smile.gif

-sula

Back
Top Bottom