A Post to Any and All Chicagoland Musicians.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lardencelover

The Fly
I thought this the best place to post this, considering I share something in common with everyone here (that being U2).

Summer's coming up and I'm about to graduate high school. I'll be becoming a part time student next fall, but until then, I don't have a whole hell of a lot to do to keep myself busy.

I'm an avid writer and artist, but lately I've been finding that hasn't really been enough to sustain my creative aspirations and a friend suggested I take a chance in music. I'm inclined to give it a very serious try.

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago and am looking for a guitarist, drummer and/or bassist interested in starting up a band with me. I'm a female singer greatly inspired by the likes of Bono, Shirley Manson and Billy Corgan. I also write lyrics, but I only know the very basics (if that) of musical instruments, reading music, etc.; however, I am more than willing to learn and am a quick learner, at that.

To get some idea of my musical tastes:

U2 (a given), The Police, JJ72, Placebo, Garbage, No Doubt, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Foo Fighters, Amanda Ghost, Sarah McLachlan, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, INXS, The Beatles, Radiohead, Coldplay, Bj?rk, Third Eye Blind, The White Stripes, The Clash, Weezer, David Bowie, The Doves, Norah Jones, Pearl Jam, Stabbing Westward, T.Rex, The Smiths, etc. just to mention some of them.

If you are interested, or looking for more information, you can comment here or email me at shutyourmouth77 @ yahoo.com (minus the spaces).

Thanks for your time and patience, and I apologise to anyone this may have irritated or inconvienced.

I have a bass, 2 guitars, a snare drum, and live close to the South Chicago Suburbs...only problem...

I can't play any of them :reject:

~J

I've been concentrating more on learning the bass, that seems a bit easier for me, heh. It's just hard to find time to sit down and give it all of my attention. But, I'm sure I can learn.

Back
Top Bottom