$$$A Possible Inheritence$$$

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
I would love some opinions...I might recieve an inhertience worth MILLIONS...This is supposed to be from a relative I never met..I was located because of my last name (not a common last name) and was told that this person has no next of kin and he was killed in a car accident along with his family..Im being contacted by the attrny who states that he has access to the funds of the deseased (in another country) but Im very skeptical..I havent told by family cause I don't want to get their
hopes up if this is a joke or fraud.( I myself am not getting too excited either) The attrny who contacted my sent me a copy of the death certificate and a bank certificate w/the amount of the
funds assuring me that it is ligit....The problem is that this guy is in another country/where the deceased lived and even though I doubt him the other part of me wants to believe..(he did send me the certificates) He wants me to send approval to the bank via e-mail so the funds can finally be released (they have been there since 1996) He says it is urgent that we proceed because as the attrny he gets a piece of the pie as well...But he needs a next of kin to approve it first ....Now when I say this it's cause he calls me from where he is..I gave him my number...
I dont fool easy ...should I have these certificated checked first
before I proceed?? should I get an attrny? (he suggested that I didnt cause he doent want another attorny to get some of this money..he keeps telling me that he has been working on this case for nearly a year until he finally located me. He says this is his life and doesnt want anyone else to get from these funds but he and I...
Sorry I rambled on but I would like some feed back...
And believe me I havent made any plans regard the $$ cause it's not in my hot little hands yet (if it is true at all)

Last edited:
DON'T DO IT!

it has
scam.jpg

written all over it...

it's an email scam, mostly setup from Nigeria or Zimbabwe (more recently) and has been around for many years.
Do a search on Google to seek it out (on the heading of the email, the name, email address, specific sentences etc.) and you'll see many people have been duped...

Don't make contact, if he calls again say you've lost interest. If he stays persistent contact authorities...

cheers,

Yeah, I've gotten e-mails and phone calls saying the same thing. :no:

If you're serious about it, get an attorney to make sure everything is valid.

Well, I know in this country that's not the way wills and inheritances work. There's a lot of legal action that needs to take place in order to receive the sum. You definitely wouldn't contact a bank in e-mail and a lawyer would not suggest against you having a lawyer.

Not looking good. :scratch:

I wouldn't go for it. Good job not getting hyped about it.

bonofox, when someone tells you not to get your own attorney, that's a clear sign that you most certainly should. if it sounds too good be true, it probably is. sounds like you've already decided to tell this guy to get lost, though. :up:

Whatever you do, just don't give out any personal information. Like bank account numbers, social security numbers, etc, not even your address. They sometimes do this to get information to identity theft you.
I get faxes at work, and funnily enough, this last one came from somewhere in Mexico or South America and there was a family who died in a car accident and they needed my help to transfer funds from their account to mine. Riiiighhhht.

To quote the real Edge, which I spoke to over the phone a few times years ago, "Aha! Ya had me!" :eeklaugh:

dandy said:
bonofox, when someone tells you not to get your own attorney, that's a clear sign that you most certainly should. if it sounds too good be true, it probably is. sounds like you've already decided to tell this guy to get lost, though. :up:

Agian..You guys are great! I luv you fellow fans..Thank U for the advise..I blocked this guys e-mails already...

xtal said:
Whatever you do, just don't give out any personal information. Like bank account numbers, social security numbers, etc, not even your address. They sometimes do this to get information to identity theft you.
I get faxes at work, and funnily enough, this last one came from somewhere in Mexico or South America and there was a family who died in a car accident and they needed my help to transfer funds from their account to mine. Riiiighhhht.

To quote the real Edge, which I spoke to over the phone a few times years ago, "Aha! Ya had me!" :eeklaugh:

It's true this guy was persistant that I give him my personal info to use for the supposed funds transfer..I insisted that Iw as not going to do it!..I so appriciate your advise:wink:

I've gotten notes from this on the Internet. Watch out, some of these are spam artists who are into identity theft. They send out e-mails trying to rip off peoples' bank account information. I always delete these.

Back
Top Bottom