a plea to The Edge: Please take off your Music Rising shirt for once!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Edge...we understand your great involvment in this program and its done a world of good, but please, put that shirt in the laundry once in a while...you've been living inside of it for the last year and a half. You have the dirt and stains of at least all 5 continents on there, and your other shirts are dearly missed...so please...please...let Morleigh take care of your laundry!

sincerely, Europop

europop2005 said:
Edge...we understand your great involvment in this program and its done a world of good, but please, put that shirt in the laundry once in a while...you've been living inside of it for the last year and a half. You have the dirt and stains of at least all 5 continents on there, and your other shirts are dearly missed...so please...please...let Morleigh take care of your laundry!

sincerely, Europop

I would imagine he has more than one of them . . . . :huh:

Re: Re: a plea to The Edge: Please take off your Music Rising shirt for once!

MsPurrl said:

I would imagine he has more than one of them . . . . :huh:
He does. XD
I think what she means is "wear something different for once!"

TAKE IT OFF TAKE IT OFF!!..hehe i'd love to see that chest of his lately!..:drool: :drool: *daydreams*

Europop, you seem to dwell on some rather inconsequential subjects overall, whether you are a she or a he. This thread is definitely exhibit number 1.

You have got to have more important/ relevant things going on in your life, please! There is just no reason to debate/ discuss further. :|

GracelandHarley said:
Europop, you seem to dwell on some rather inconsequential subjects overall, whether you are a she or a he. This thread is definitely exhibit number 1.

You have got to have more important/ relevant things going on in your life, please! There is just no reason to debate/ discuss further. :|

Hello, we're in PLEBA. I think he's right on the mark! :D

I would hope he has more than one Music Rising T-Shirts. But Edge must surely love this shirt. I guess he also sleeps in it.

Didn't you know? It's grafted to his skin like his beanie is grafted to his head. Sadly, there IS no removing that shirt.

*is in a very wierd sort of mood today. Really.*

GracelandHarley said:

aren't all the subjects we talk about here unimportant? I mean, what's it for use for the world that we talk about four men and their music and looks and whatever else? Is there a reason to debate wether Larry is hot or not? or wether he's a good person or whatever? does it solve the world's problems?

no.

it's all for amusement... so why can't Europop post something too? it doesn't ALL have to be about 'important/relevant things'

GracelandHarley said:

:| jeez there are some rude people around here.

I like the shirt and I guess he does too. I'm sure he has more than one. :shrug:

Actually, I don't want him to stop wearing it. Every time he is seen in it, there's another reminder that the job in New Orleans is far from finished. It's not just apparel, it's a statement.

And he has been seen in other things, just look at the new photo on this board.

Galeongirl said:

aren't all the subjects we talk about here unimportant? I mean, what's it for use for the world that we talk about four men and their music and looks and whatever else? Is there a reason to debate wether Larry is hot or not? or wether he's a good person or whatever? does it solve the world's problems?

no.

it's all for amusement... so why can't Europop post something too? it doesn't ALL have to be about 'important/relevant things'

Yes, my response was in fact rude. Sorry, europop.

And yes, PLEBA is mostly about silly and stupid stuff, as it should be.

His post just got under my skin because Music Rising is a very important and relevant endeavor, and Edge has put a great deal of time and effort into it, and the post seemed to be making light of it, and of Edge.

What happened in New Orleans is really a national tragedy, and it is far from being rectified. Here in the States, we have been reminded in great detail this past week with news coverage on Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and how desparate the situation still is.

I really don't think Europop was trying to put down Music Rising, or make light of the New Orleans disaster. IMO.

^ I don't either.
I think it was more of a "Hey Edge, we get you're all about it, but don't you ever wear anything different?"

no harm done grace and harley, never felt bad about it :hugs: i love music rising...i think its a great idea...but every performance and picture of Edge in the last 6 months has been in the music rising shirt...and the Tokyo roof performance...he has it on his shirt AND the guitar!

But Dallas has one (or more than one, probably) so they can dress alike :giggle:

edgedallasneworleans0406-1.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, he still wears it because the cause is still very important to him and he wants to remind people about it as much as he can. The shirt is a great marketing device.

Or maybe we should start a thread asking Bono to stop wearing the One bracelet. Surely he has other bracelets he can wear. He's been wearing it forever now. Ali needs to go out and buy him a different color one.

:|

Last edited:
2morrow said:

A little OT, but what band is Edge with in this pic? The singer really looks like Paul Meany from Mute Math, who is from New Orleans. Anyone know?

It was at Preservation Hall last year right before Jazz Fest. The guy with the sort of big hair is involved with Preservation Hall, I believe as some sort of curator (it's been awhile since I watched that documentary the Sundance Channel did). The band is a local band, if I remember correctly, but that's all I know.

Back
Top Bottom