a photo-related question (u2photos.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottofilm

The Fly
Hi gang -

How's it going? I figured this was the right group to ask this question to. Say you've got a site full of original photos at u2photos.com. Say you've got three tours worth of pictures. Say you've got many many Popmart photos, and many many Elevation photos. Say there's some decent photos, but the scan quality isn't the best. Say you've learned a lot about image scanning, post production, and web preparation. Say you want to rescan your film and post big shiny happy new JPGs of all your old photos. Would you start with the photos from Elevation, or the photos from Popmart?

Thanks for your votes.

PS - there's something on the site right now some of you have asked me for; visit any photo and read below it. Don't talk about it here. :)

otto

Sorry to be of no real help Otto but I would be very happy with either Pop or Elevation. :)

But ok... I'll vote Pop.

hmmm now thinking about it......maybe Pop.......damn, they're all good as far as I'm concerned so I'm really no help am I!

I know your work from the POP era, almost 10 years now. And my first impresson was back then "oh my gondess... " I love them! I was very happy when you put up some pop photos in bigger size for wallpaper. Please, make that re-scan :)

I would do the best of each and then start over. Like do the best five photos from each show starting PopMart > Elevation, and then if you're not sick of it yet, start doing all the rest.

Ottofilm said:
Hi gang -

How's it going? I figured this was the right group to ask this question to. Say you've got a site full of original photos at u2photos.com. Say you've got three tours worth of pictures. Say you've got many many Popmart photos, and many many Elevation photos. Say there's some decent photos, but the scan quality isn't the best. Say you've learned a lot about image scanning, post production, and web preparation. Say you want to rescan your film and post big shiny happy new JPGs of all your old photos. Would you start with the photos from Elevation, or the photos from Popmart?

Thanks for your votes.

PS - there's something on the site right now some of you have asked me for; visit any photo and read below it. Don't talk about it here. :)

otto

Elevation gets my vote! :rockon:

Wow. Okay if we count Gluey for both sides :) we've got 17 for Pop and 5 for Elevation. I guess barring a huge surge of Elevation supporters we've got a probable winner on our hands...

Sunday if I have time maybe I'll do ten selected photos from Popmart as a test to share. And yeah, maybe possibly I'll do a wallpaper again...

Back
Top Bottom