A Note From jobob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jobob

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Author's Note: I'm holding my mistake up, and correcting it, with some humor. You should know my disclaimer: B's based on Bono. I don't know Bono -- even though I got kind of close to Bono twice over the course of my first four shows.

I've kept an Interference journal of my "Tour of the Vertigo Tour" experiences. Four shows down, two more to go ... Click "View Journal" and read all about my experiences in Chicago and at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Next: Dec. 4 in Boston! Maybe they'll play Fast Cars in Beantown; a girl can always hope. :wink:

B and J (the hero and heroine of "A Story Without Me") are waking up together in J's bedroom from a very long sleep.

"B? What time is it?"

B checks the calendar on his watch. "November 17."

"Wow. Are we ever late for work. Wasn't jobob supposed to wake us up when September ended?"

"That song always makes you cry, J ..."

"It is sad that she left us alone here for so long, isn't it?"

As he moves to comfort his lady love, B's interrupted by the entrance of a tall, brown-haired woman wearing blue jeans, wire-rim glasses, and a gray Wayne State University sweatshirt -- and white headphones with a long, white cord.

" 'Children, wake up, hold your mistake up ...' " she sings as she holds a slender black iPod. "I love 'Wake Up,' I love how it signals the opening of the show, I'm thrilled you can even hear a little snippet of it in the opening of the new Live from Chicago DVD ... Oh, hello, kids! My God, I can't believe how much I've missed you two -- if you'll pardon the pun."

B and J stare at jobob blankly, then yell at their author in unison:

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?"

"Uh ... um ... 'there is no fiction that would truly fit the situation'?"

"Oh, nice one, Ms. 'Play Fast Cars, I said to Bono'," B sarcastically says.

"You read my Tour of the Vertigo Tour Interference journal?!?"

"You left us here without anything else to read!"

Ignoring her character's snide remark, jobob continues.

"Yes, I've been to four U2 shows this fall, and blogged about them. Also, I've been looking for a job in my state's and my new profession's terrible economy, coped with various personal problems, regularly partied in Pleba, and hung out with my real life friends."

"Was that all?" J asks.

"Did I mention I also bought tickets to go to two more out-of-town shows in December?"

"No."

"I've been kind of busy. And that's not even the half of it, and it's not even Christmastime yet! Through it all, I never forgot you, or your story. Even with all I was trying to do, I still wrote some chapters and scenes. I always meant to get back to the story and to start posting again, because I'd loved doing it. Time went by, however -- and I felt horribly guilty about losing contact with readers and people who had e-mailed me. Somehow it became easier to just come to Fan Fic Forum to see if Sad Girl and YDW posted new chapters of their work instead."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Apologize to everyone and pray they accept my apology. Start posting what I have already written, to here and to u2-fanfiction.com. Send out the scenes I promised people ages ago, and post the complete versions to u2-fanfiction.com. Write and post some more, within reason. And, eventually, finish the story. Because I've enjoyed writing it, I think people have enjoyed reading it, and I have an ending in mind for it."

And now, some serious business:

I am truly sorry I've fallen behind in my postings and mailings. The truth: I had some health problems this fall. The bad news was I didn't get them treated when I should have and suffered needlessly. And I was trying to do several different things, and doing most of them poorly, while I was ill.

The good news is: I am now feeling better and I can actually accomplish things. Things like sending out scenes and posting chapters. So, that means: If you've written me or posted your address here, I am preparing a mailing list.

However, I really do need to look for a new job. This may also slow the progress of story-posting.

And now, a plug for a friend and fellow fanfic author: I highly recommend "On the Rising Tide." If you like historical romances, or seeing the boys in alternate universes, or you just like SG's writing, then you'll love reading this story. Features all four band members (and Paul McGuinness), and great supporting characters.

Back
Top Bottom