a mighty long way...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aski

Acrobat
...from "Christina child!" as a belly dancer during the indoor Zoo Tv, to this pretty scary fairy "Xtina X" in Grimfaeris....

xtinax.jpg

also, according to this interview (link below), she also has a child. She still owns the red belly dancer costume from the Zoo Tv performances:

http://forum.interference.com/t93372.html

Morleigh, Edge's wife, took over for the original belly dancer who had to leave the show for a reason I'm not remembering now. That's not Edge's wife in the pic. though.

Edge married Morleigh Steinberg, the second belly dancer, who took over for Christina Petro (the girl at the picture above), after she couldn't continue dancing after the second leg (indoor Europe 1992). Reportedly there were rumours about some drugs.

aski said:
Edge married Morleigh Steinberg, the second belly dancer, who took over for Christina Petro (the girl at the picture above), after she couldn't continue dancing after the second leg (indoor Europe 1992). Reportedly there were rumours about some drugs.

I don't remember hearing anything about drugs before only that she didn't want to continue overseas as she had commitments in Florida. She was a fan from South Florida who was showing up outside the rehearsals in costume and Jake Kennedy brought her onstage I think during the dress rehearsal as a joke surprise for Bono who has a weakness for bellydancers. She did the first US leg but chose not to continue overseas. Morleigh was the band's choreographer and simply took over the dancing part.

Dana

I've never heard anything about drugs but I also don't even know anything about this girl other than she was the 1st dancer. I do know that either interference or @u2.com, but I think it was this site, interviewed her a few years ago. There used to be an interview section long ago.....

:shrug: As the interview from here explains, it's performance art...with a concept like 'Grim Faeries' you wouldn't expect some twee Tinker Bell getup.

Last edited:
Dunno that Christina has "fallen". Before she was a staff member for someone elses artistic direction. If I'm reading this situation correctly Christina is now running her own show. Tis always better to be your own boss, I reckon. :up:

That looks cool...and I'd sure hope she still had that red bellydancer costume! How could you not hold onto something like that? :love:

Back
Top Bottom