A few brief thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephannv

War Child
at least 200 ft away from Bono at all times!
#1. I hear POP MUZIK for the first time. ( I finally got a copy of it)
My thinking in chronological order:
:eyebrow: :huh: :madspit:, but then I heard the Bono noises, :drool: :mac: :yes:
so now, after strenous listening, I have concluded that it recieves a :yes: stictly on the fact of Bono moaning.

#2 the quote :
Kurt Loder-"Surely, there's more to it than that"

Larry-"Don't call me Shirley"

makes me think two things, first is SMART ASS,
the second is a rim shot. While it is clever, it is a bit cheesey.
I forgiveth the Moob Master though because well, he's moobylicoius. But I never want to hear comments like that again, and I mean it MR.

#3 This is the first time I've started a topic in the new forum.
those thoughts are it for now.........more to come I'm sure.

1. i like pop music. the original one. i like u2's version, and to be honest, i don't think the bono noises enhance it that much. i just like it with more techno, it floats my boat that way.

2. it's a classic line. reference airplane and airplane 2: the sequel. each use the joke about a thousand times.

3. ok then.

1.I like the original version of Pop Muzik as well, it's one of the songs from the 80's that I love, but U2's version is also great, although I don't really care for Techno

2.I love Larry's comeback, he's so witty LOL. I just loooove him, and if you noticed (and who couldn't LOL), that quote is in my sig. It's just one of my FAV Larry quotes. I wanted to add more, but than it would be realllllly long LOL

Last edited:
the_fly2002 said:
2.I love Larry's comeback, he's so witty LOL. I just loooove him, and if you noticed (and who couldn't LOL), that quote is in my sig. It's just one of my FAV Larry quotes. I wanted to add more, but than it would be realllllly long LOL

Especially cause Larry looks so hot during that interview!!! It's one of my favotite Larry quotes too.

1. i haven't heard either the original or the u2 version of pop muzik (twin~if it's not on the list, add it ;))

2. meh...tis a bit cheesy, but funny never the less...whatever

3. i haven't started a thread in the new forum either...maybe i will someday...maybe not...i'm just typing to type now, so i'll stop

that quote is in my sig. It's just one of my FAV Larry quotes. I wanted to add more, but than it would be realllllly long LOL

Fly 2002...maybe you should do a pole to see which one of your quotes in your sig should stay...and then keep rotating them...that way you can have all of the quotes you want, and people will be more likely to read them if you do it one at a time...LOL...that would be one MOFO of a poll...but then again...You have one MOFO of a sig... :D

*cheers*

Fishy <><

The original Pop Muzik was such a joke back in its day (circa 1980) and got really joked on by kids and teenagers. In its video (and I use the term loosely- this was the primitive days) there was this dorky looking office type guy in this black suit, old man office hat, and long black overcoat singing it. His name was "M." His face looked really dumb and it was clear he was mouthing the words. Whenever he said the word "Pop" in the phrase "everybody talk about POP muzik" he would put his hands in his pockets and spread his coat out at his side and bounce up and down. OMG it was so bad. I mean people back then used to sing parts of it, immitate him and laugh. The very opening notes were a source of ridicule, and sometimes we'd come running just to see it so we could have a good laugh.

Last edited:
Stories for Boys said:
1. i haven't heard either the original or the u2 version of pop muzik (twin~if it's not on the list, add it ;))

too bad, I had this sexyhumina Bono version on my site last month. You guys should check there more often if you can download MP3s...

Stories for Boys said:
Fly 2002...maybe you should do a pole to see which one of your quotes in your sig should stay...and then keep rotating them...that way you can have all of the quotes you want, and people will be more likely to read them if you do it one at a time... [/B]
:yes: Your sig is very long! Just choose one and rotate.. imo! :D

shirley:
larry_zooscreen.jpg

1. I've never heard any versions of Pop Muzik

2. I think Larry was clever. I can never come up with zingers like that so quickly.

3. I don't think I've started a thread either, but I'm not sure. It all kind of runs together. :huh:

[color=royal blue]O_O POOR DEPRIVED CHILDREN WHO HAVE NOT HEARD BONO'S NOISES IN POP MUZIK. IT IS THE BDJ OF ALL THINGS THAT ARE USEFUL.

*calms down*

I mean.

I have it if anyone wants to hear.
[/color]

oliveu2cm said:

too bad, I had this sexyhumina Bono version on my site last month. You guys should check there more often if you can download MP3s...

:yes: olive, i owe my u2 odd songs (such as this, and pretty much whatever else you put up there) all to you. ((((olive))))

Back
Top Bottom