A Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keocmb

Refugee
76b2508b.jpg

:shifty: I just realized the picture has writing on it from a Dave Matthews song. ANYWAY.

Ladies!

I'm trying to give myself a break from the gargantuan pile of research sitting next to me. My mind wandered.

I'm in a kitchen, it's dark with dim light. It's audibly raining. Bono walks in and takes my hand and we dance slowly, his hand is warm and soft and envelopes mine ridiculously. His cheek presses against mine, his scruff scratches me and I smile.

I would love to dance with Bono to:

"Stormy Weather" by Billie Holliday
"You Don't Know Me" by Ray Charles
"Guess Who" by BB King

How about everyone else?

sweet question
my answer:

steel string mix version of Night and Day....on a loop.
joy.

Keocmb said:
76b2508b.jpg

:shifty: I just realized the picture has writing on it from a Dave Matthews song. ANYWAY.

Ladies!

I'm trying to give myself a break from the gargantuan pile of research sitting next to me. My mind wandered.

I'm in a kitchen, it's dark with dim light. It's audibly raining. Bono walks in and takes my hand and we dance slowly, his hand is warm and soft and envelopes mine ridiculously. His cheek presses against mine, his scruff scratches me and I smile.

I would love to dance with Bono to:

"Stormy Weather" by Billie Holliday
"You Don't Know Me" by Ray Charles
"Guess Who" by BB King

How about everyone else?

Velvet Dress :drool: it's so slow you inevitably have to stay still after a while and you are just held by him forever and forever :love:

:mac:

oh yeah...Velvet dress has to be a winner.:drool: Or how about Sinead O'Connor: nothing compares to you...ack...y' could just turn your face into that neck and breathe in of that scent....:drool: :drool:

..geez, I gotta go now...before I hit the gutter and get banned from this site!!...

Well I prefer to have Bono drag me around stage and throw me down ontop of him like a ragdoll during The Fly.

BUT....if I was going to 'dance'....I'd have to say Velvet Dress or All I Want Is You for a U2 song.

Non-U2 songs:
"At Last" Etta James
"Something In The Way She Moves" Beatles
"Crush" DMB
"Crazy Love" Van Morrison :drool:

I'm sure I'll think of a bizzilion more if I think about it...

Mmmmm :drool: :drool: ..... what a wonderful thread idea!!!

Let's see - what song would I choose? (Gosh - I always go blank when put under pressure like this! :) )

How 'bout "All I Want is You" followed by
"Take My Breath Away" the Berlin version!! not the crap Jessica Simpson one!! :madspit:

And since I'd have no strength left in me at that point, I'd be perfectly happy to just fall together into a heap on the floor and remain there indefinately. :faint:

I love this thread!

I'd have to scrunch down to dance w/ him :wink:

Definitely At Last, Etta James

Wonderful Tonight - Clapton

Tupelo Honey, Into The Mystic - Van Morrison

In Dreams- Roy Orbison

Come Away With Me - Norah Jones

and so many more..

Keocmb said:

I'd probably choose one of these, depending on my own mood I guess...

- One of the Bono/Corrs-songs: "When the stars go blue" or "Time enough for tears"

- The Hothouse Flowers version of "I can see clearly now"

- A Danish song (since I read that Bono apparently listen to Scandinavian music... :D:up: ) - either "Fald min engel" or "For enden af regnbuen"...

Dancing with Bono... :faint: ...

Last edited:
fun thread!
these work with any really attractive (to you) man as a dance partner
These are the days - Van Morrison
In your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
Forever Young - Alphaville
Taking You Home - Don Henley
Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis
Stand By Me - Ben E King
Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
Jesus etc. - Wilco
and the very girly
Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend
And anything Miles Davis:)

When it comes to Bono I'd probably be too spaced out *in a good way* by his presence that I would not even hear the music...so just having him hold me up *cause I know i would proabably faint* would be enough for me....But I like STAY! as a dream dance song with Bono:wink:

verte76 said:
I'd choose Berlin's "Take My Breath Away" as well. OMG. :drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:
:D I remember dancing with my hard-core middle school crush to that song & just thinking the world could never get any better.... Dancing with B would be the DEFINATIVE "this is as good as it gets" moment!!

"... if only for today, I am not afraid...." :drool: :drool: :love:

U2:

"If You Wear That Velvet Dress"

Non-U2:

"Wild Horses" - The Rolling Stones
"Paper Moon" - Whiskeytown
"When The Stars Go Blue" - Ryan Adams

Oh, how I love this thread! The non-U2 songs that I would love to dance to would have to be:

The Way You Look Tonight- Elton John
Slide Away- Bono & Hutch--great song & it's beautiful
Unchained Melody- Does not matter to me
Not Enough Time- INXS

Back
Top Bottom