A Dallas Moment in MSG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
Well I was listening to some Elevation boots and it reminded me of a trip that was almost in the same league as the Slane trip later on...but anyway last spring me and a friend decided we were going to see U2 in USA after Highschool graduation so I phoned a friend of mine and he was able to get us tickets for the june 17th show in MSG New York we arrived in New York on the 15th and skipping forward it was the big day we got pretty good seats but it was up in the stands....so we had alot of time to catch before the show as we didn?t have to qeue(sp)in the GA line so I got this killer idea.

Hey let?s go on the MSG behind the scenes tour.

So we did and we got inside and was ready to start the tour when the guidelady said:

There is some band who are gonna play here tonight.
And they are just about to start their soundcheck and don?t want us wandering around here then so we got to hurry.
But if you?re nice and quiet maybe I can fix you up with something and btw they don?t want you to take photographs so if you have to do it without flash.

So we went out into the arena and there was the heart stage and all and there was people running around all on it and someone who I later identified as Joe O?Herlihey(sp?)was yelling out orders from the soundboard
I took some photos(one turned out well enough to post here, so I?ll post it sometime soon)

and we wandered on in the arena and we got down to the lockerrooms and were just about to enter the Rangers lockerroom when the guide pointed across the hall and said...

Do you see the black curtain there?
When that curtain is open it means that the band hasn?t arrived yet and when it?s closed there are atleast one of them here...

Do I need to say that the curtain was closed??

So the tour was coming to an end and she said
well I promised you a surprise didn?t I??
So she took us up to the skyboxes and as we stood outside one I heard the opening chords of streets and everyone there just gazed at eachother so she unlocked the door and I walked in sat down and there on the tip of the lit heart was Dallas playing Streets!!!!

So later in the evening as we got back to the Garden for the show I couldn?t believe the incredible experience earlier in the
day and it still sounds like a dream as I write this

And we managed to get GA tix for the second show the 19th for face value from a guy in the GA line!

as this text is quite long I may have made some spelling misstakes but Im to lazy to read it!

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Wow that's kewl...I would have checked behind the curtain...LOL I would have attacked whoever would have been there...I bet it was Edge tho
biggrin.gif

wooooooo hoooooo.....I havent heard a Dallas story in a while so thanks for posting that LB!

sidenote to MG: if you dont stop attacking there gonna put a restraining order on you! LOL!

Originally posted by MikeSt:

wooooooo hoooooo.....I havent heard a Dallas story in a while so thanks for posting that LB!

sidenote to MG: if you dont stop attacking there gonna put a restraining order on you! LOL!

And that's a bad thing?
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom