A Cool Commercial, and a Crazy Confession!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
They are showing the Elevation in Boston on Much Music on Sunday, and the commercial is awesome!! Why?? Because it states something that we have known all along!!
wink.gif
It says:
"Some Belived"
"Other's Didn't"
"But this is the tour that confirmed it"
"The greatest band on the planet"

So there Radiohead, and R.E.M fans
tongue.gif

Oh, and the confession.... I used to be disturbed, and I used to be turned off, but I am now totally in love with Bono, and his MULLET!!
smile.gif
!! Do I need help???

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by Foadie:
Spinny, its all ABOUT the mullet:

bo-war12.jpg

bo-war11.jpg

bo-war13.jpg

bo-war14.jpg

biggrin.gif
Goll I love posting pics.

Oh yeah!!!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Bono was beautiful with his mullet. I think he has really gotten a bum rap. Take a look at him and you can see what a beautiful young piece of meat he really was. I liked the hair too!

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

The very first time I ever laid eyes on Bono, I noticed that he had the most beautiful hair I had ever seen. Little did I know that 20 years later, it would be called a mullet and people would make fun of it. I was 14 or 15 when that happened so all of my "lustful" thoughts of Bono happen to involve the mullet.

That is the Bono I fell in love with and always picture in my mind when I hear him sing. Call me crazy but your first love sticks with you! He was the first man I ever had "those" kind of thoughts about so mullet Bono will always be my ideal man
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
The very first time I ever laid eyes on Bono, I noticed that he had the most beautiful hair I had ever seen. Little did I know that 20 years later, it would be called a mullet and people would make fun of it. I was 14 or 15 when that happened so all of my "lustful" thoughts of Bono happen to involve the mullet.

That is the Bono I fell in love with and always picture in my mind when I hear him sing. Call me crazy but your first love sticks with you! He was the first man I ever had "those" kind of thoughts about so mullet Bono will always be my ideal man
biggrin.gif

Me too! Wow, thanks for putting it into words! I know, for those of us who loved him and lusted for him back then, it's utterly mind-boggling to see people making fun of him and making jokes about mullets. It's sad I think. I'm glad to see somebody knows how it feels. Lots of love for my first love, War/UF Bono!

------------------

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
They are showing the Elevation in Boston on Much Music on Sunday, and the commercial is awesome!! Why?? Because it states something that we have known all along!!
wink.gif
It says:
"Some Belived"
"Other's Didn't"
"But this is the tour that confirmed it"
"The greatest band on the planet"

So there Radiohead, and R.E.M fans
tongue.gif

Oh, and the confession.... I used to be disturbed, and I used to be turned off, but I am now totally in love with Bono, and his MULLET!!
smile.gif
!! Do I need help???

Spinny!!!! I've seen that add! It's great!!!

I ALSO LOVE THE MULLET!!! I CAN FEEL THE BONO MULLET LOVE IN HERE!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

Yay for the Mullet! First I must get something cleared up here...I like BONO Mullet...but on any other guy..nooooo! They are just all copycats!
tongue.gif

bo-war1.jpg

Look at those ARMS though!

bo-war4.jpg

bo-war18.jpg

Is that SEXAY or what?!?!?

bo-war16.jpg

*DROOL*

Oh yeah MULLETS!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Hi Spinny! Good to have you see the light! Where are Icelady and Jessica? It's mullet-time!

Yummmm, Live Aid Bono, the hair- the pants- the boots- love that outfit, what a package!

1liveaid.jpg

For you Icelady, Two Hearts!

211.jpg

This is not a mullet, but a cute babyBono for you Foadie!

bono740.jpg

This is quite a mullet:

bono1.jpg

Just a beautiful creature

ufvideo.jpg

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:

bono740.jpg

Cutie!!! I've never seen this one before! Thanks!

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

Originally posted by Foadie:
Yay for the Mullet!

I thought I'd never hear this in a non-sarcastic context. I must say, there are things in the 80s that are ok to keep, i.e 80s music, but the mullet is SO not one of them. I have a bumper sticker on my auto that states firmly what I belive about the mullet:

Friends don't let friends get mullets.

And I do believe that sums it all up.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Originally posted by Lilly:
I thought I'd never hear this in a non-sarcastic context. I must say, there are things in the 80s that are ok to keep, i.e 80s music, but the mullet is SO not one of them. I have a bumper sticker on my auto that states firmly what I belive about the mullet:

Friends don't let friends get mullets.

And I do believe that sums it all up.

uh, oh...I see a hair war coming
silly.gif

*hides*

Well Lilly we all like different things. Some of us love mullets! If you don't like mullets just leave 'em alone. I don't like Pop pictures but I'm not going to say rude things about them. Era-bashing only gets people into trouble here. Let's just take heaps of what we like and ignore the rest, like going for a feast the Old Country Buffet!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I still like POP Bono, but there is something sexy about that wild unruly hair!!

Feck, I can't belive that I started a pro-mullet thread!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

It's like this girls: Say we all went out for a banquet together, at one of those all you can eat buffets. As we walk around with our plates, some of us take some of this, some take some of that, some things we all like and some things only a few of us like. But none of us should look at the food and yell out 'ooh gross I'm not eating that!' in the resturant. Just don't take it. Someone else will. Or if we were at a burger joint, some want no onions, some hate tomatoes. But I'm not going up to you and go 'ooh you like onions ewwww!' and I don't want you doing that to my pickles! There's nothing wrong with not liking everything, like Lilly doesn't like mullets and I don't like skinheads. But there is no need to say what we don't like and be rude. Let's just enjoy what we do like, there is enough for everyone to go around! Does anyone understand the analogies here? PLEBA food fight! On with the pics!
smile.gif
smile.gif

U2 greater than Radiohead and REM? We knew it all along. No offense to those bands though!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 03-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Well Lilly we all like different things. Some of us love mullets! If you don't like mullets just leave 'em alone. I don't like Pop pictures but I'm not going to say rude things about them. Era-bashing only gets people into trouble here. Let's just take heaps of what we like and ignore the rest, like going for a feast the Old Country Buffet!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I know about the 'wars' era bashing causes, 'cos I'm always the one writing about the no love for mullets. I like the mullet for its kitsch value, and nothing else. Bono is ok'd for having one, but only in the 80s and NEVER EVER again. Other people shouldn't have mullets either. I mean, you don't see people posting all over spouting love of Adam's semi-mullet now do we? That's 'cos only Bono is allowed the mullet. And as long as we're all ok with that, then it's ok.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

hahaaha!

Yesterday I went to the cinema and when I was buying my popcorn, I saw a little kid WITH A HUUUUUGE MULLET!
eek.gif
!! He was running thru the line and I swear he freaked me out!! I was like
eek.gif
And couldn't believe what I was seeing! LMAO
biggrin.gif
The mullet is just like ugly Of course it has exceptions on FEW people .Well, In only ONE man: Bono
biggrin.gif

Well sorry but I LOVE mullets on EVERY guy not just Bono. I'd have liked to see that kid with a mullet, cool! I'm really getting sick of looking at the goofy little bucktoothed skinhead kids and zitfaced skinhead teenagers, there are way too many of them. Talk about ugly, that's what I call ugly! I guess I just think ANY hair is better than none. Gimme a head with HAIR, long beautiful HAIR, well, ANY HAIR, doesn't even have to be that long or that beautiful, just hair PLEASE! NO more mullet bashing please. I think this is a BEAUTIFUL thread and others agree. If you don't like it that's fine but there is no need to crash a thread and ruin it for its fans with rude comments.
frown.gif
Why can't we ever have a good mullet thread without this happening?
frown.gif

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Summer~Rain:

Me too! Wow, thanks for putting it into words! I know, for those of us who loved him and lusted for him back then, it's utterly mind-boggling to see people making fun of him and making jokes about mullets. It's sad I think. I'm glad to see somebody knows how it feels. Lots of love for my first love, War/UF Bono!

See how much young Bono means to some of us? II bet Icelady and some others feel the same way too. We already KNOW you don't like mullets already
rolleyes.gif
so please just avoid these threads and let us enjoy them in peace. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 03-14-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom