A Blessing, more than a loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
...that's the way I am trying to face the death of my kitty, Sassy Mae. It was a blessing to have her, and it is a blessing for her not to suffer any more. Some of you know she was diagnosed with a serious heart condition this past summer and that recently she had been having a lot of trouble breathing. She died just after 7 this morning after a difficult night. My mom was comforting her, and heard. I got up to see if there was anything I could do and she let out one last breath as soon as I joined them.

She's been the sweetest animal I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and I'm so glad she was mine for the seven years we had together. I know not everyone believes this - but if you've ever had the honor of loving a pet like her, I think you might - I believe she is with God now, and at peace in a way I can not even imagine vividly.

I just wanted to mention it here, because it's been a topic of discussion amongst the girls at the PGP and myself and I wanted to let them know.

Thank you to those here who have given me the love and support throughout. :hug: :heart:

Sassyroses001.jpg
Sassy001.jpg

Sassy004-1.jpg

Aw SG :hug: I'm sorry to hear that, but yea, we already knew it was about to happen... at least she's not suffering anymore! She'll always be the same in your heart, and that's the important thing! :hug:

:hug: So sorry to hear the news SG. Knowing it was inevitable doesn't make the loss any easier :hug: There is no love as rewarding and unconditional, than that of a pet. She'll be waiting for you.

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

It's a bad time for you SG. :sad: They create a place in your heart for them and you don't even realise it at first. They're special, they're loyal, sometimes silly, fun and good company. And when they're gone there's this friggin' great hole that no human being can fill. I don't know why that is but there you go.

I still miss my boy. Almost 7 years now and hardly a day goes by that I don't think of him. You tell yourself that your cat had a good life. It helps.

I ditto the others. She had a good life thanks to you, and one couldn't ask for a better way to spend their time on earth than that. She looks like she was quite the cutie, too-lovely pictures. I'm glad that you have such fond memories.

Very sorry to hear of your loss :( :sad:. My condolances and a :hug: to you and your family, as well as all others who've lost pets.

I`m sorry SG :hug::hug:

I know how you must feel, one of my kittens (Patch) died suddenly for no reason what so ever... But I`m sorry and you probably have the best memories of her and cherish that:hug:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful kitty. :sad: :hug:

Aw, I'm so sorry SG. I feel your pain, having lost my beloved doggie in April. I'm sure Sassy is happy where she is and has found some nice lap to sit upon. My dad died in December, my doggie in April, so I always picture the two of them together having a grand old time, with my grandmother feeding them *both* snacks they shouldn't have! :)

:hug:

I know, you still wish Sassy was in *your* lap, and I swear my dog sometimes haunts the house (warm spots on the kitchen rug where he used to sit waiting for breakfast!), but just remember their love. They'll always be with you!

Back
Top Bottom