A bad day contest (NOT that I want to win!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluephisto

War Child
In the mud, in the maze of my imagination.
Ok, I thought I had bad days... My brother ... LMFAO this is something out of a MOVIE!

My brother went to drop a buddy off at the airport yesterday. They parked at a meter and went inside. Whilst in the airport, buddy of brother says "Oh, I left something in the car, can I take your keys to get it out?" My brother gave him his car keys and five minutes later, buddy comes back and rushes onto his plane.

My brother walks out to his car ... it's GONE.

The airport people towed it because there was FINE print saying not to park there from 3 to 6 pm. Ok, ok. THEN he discovers that his buddy just took all his keys halfway across Canada.

He broke his spare key a month earlier. The company wants money to get the car back, but my brother cannot get to where he works to get his cheque because ... he has no car.

Way to go. Lol.

Luckily, I discovered I had a spare key in my dresser for his car (DON'T ask why) so he owes me eternally. ETERNALLY!!!

So ... has anyone else had a day like that? The reward shall be ... umm... we have to post PITY PICS for the winner.

-Bluey

Oh my god, that is really funny (but bad)
I'd kill the friend if I was him, taking his keys on a vacation haha

I don't think I can beat that one, but car issues are always the worst..esp. tow trucks :mad:

I'm going to win...

LOL! That's funny!

I had a day from hell a few years ago... It was the very last day to register for my college courses, and I had to go there and fight to get into the classes I needed to graduate that year.

My uncle took me there really early on his way to work, and in the car I was feeling this horrible pain in my tummy, but I thought it would go away fast. Well, as soon as I got out of the car and my uncle drove off, I "went" right there on my pants... I finally reached the bathroom and thankfully there wasn't anybody there so I took my pants off and washed them as well as I could. Now I was this huge wet area on the back of my pants, which were beige. To top things off, my blouse was kind of short, so I could not use it to cover my backside.

I tried to reach several people to bring me some clothes, but I wasn't able to get with anyone that could help me, and I had to register or I would miss that semester.

I decided to go ahead and walk to the building where the registration process was taking place, which was about a 15 minute walk from where I was at the time. Once outside, out of nowhere, these birds started to attack me! I kid you not! There were like 5 medium sized birds that just flew by and hit my head time and time again. The looked really evil! :ohmy:

I started to run to get away from the evil birds and I finally did. Then I started to stumble upon people who I knew and they all wanted to talk to me and all I wanted was to get to the registration and get out of there! :scream:

I finally reached my destination and when it was finally my turn after two hours in line, the lady there told me that I was in the wrong place and that I needed to walk to another building to get my classes. Well, the thing is I started to cry, I couldn't help it, and the guy in charge apparently felt sorry for me and he took me to his office and helped me get all my courses.

So, the story has a happy ending, but it was a really, really bad day! :huh:

Last edited:
are we allowed to post days that didn't happen to us? Because i have a really, really, really long one that happened to a friend of mine..he sent me the email.....

it's long, so if you don't want to read it...skip ahead....

the worst few days...
Tue 22 Oct 02
After a sardine-packed day of activity I finally got in the car to drive across to Stranraer on the west coast of Scotland for a ferry to Ireland for a festival in Londonderry. Roadworks meant I had didn't make it so I stopped short at about midnight at some B&B I found. The owner was in his PJs when he came to the door but he was nice enough to let me have a room and not tell me to sod off.

Wed 23 Oct 02
Up at 5.45 to get to the Stranraer ferry in time. I was doing well, in spite of very funny weather. There was lightning flashing over the sea and then a torrential downpour. Minutes later the road changed colour. One moment it was black, the next it was white. It took about 10 seconds for it to dawn on me that it was covered in snow. Actually, it turned out to be compacted hail, bullet hard balls of ice that behaves pretty much like ball-bearings. Suddenly the back wheel spun out and the laws of physics took over. I shot off the road and slammed into a bank. There was a bang and a flash of white light with the horrible smell of burnt flesh. I screamed. I thought the car was going to roll, I thought the engine had exploded and I was on fire, I thought the car was going to roll. All these awful thoughts filled my head as the car bounced off the banking and spun around into the opposite lane of oncoming traffic. I stared into white smoke all around me with the sickening smell of burning up my nose and in my throat. It smelt just like when I set my head on fire a few years ago. Then this thought that the car would be pummelled by a big truck or explode like on telly sprang into my head, followed by an internal voice yelling GET OUT OF THE CAR, GET OUT OF THE CAR. I didn't know if the seat belts would release or if the door would open or if my legs would work (like they didn't when I was knocked off my bike once) which made it very hard to calmly do something as straight forward as unclip myself and open the door. Thankfully, I got out and wobbly-legged it to the other side of the road.

I realised then that the airbags had gone off which explained the explosion, the flash of white light and white smoke filling the car, the burning smell and sensation up my nose and how come I'd walked out the car with no more than a bruised knee. Hooray for airbags!

Pretty soon some nice driver parked his car up and diverted the traffic. The police took an age to arrive. Eight other vehicles had done the same thing that morning. As soon as he arrived he looked at the scene and told, me like some kind of clairvoyant, what had just happened, even down to how I felt when I realised the road had suddenly changed colour. Apparently it was common over there in spring and autumn, especially if there was lighting. Well, that at least made me feel
a little better. He must have dealt with countless similar reports in his long service.

Two hours later there was finally a recovery vehicle free to pick up my mashed hire car. He'd been scooping them off the road all morning he said. We had to go 50 miles back the way I'd come to drop the car wreckage off. On the way back we saw another victim, a flashy but mashed BMW half way into a field. Ten miles on and another car was on the beach. He'd covered 100 yards of bumpy grass verge before zooming off the edge and 20 feet below, rolling across the sand a good few times to leave a very bumpy vehicle paddling its wheels. No sooner had we finished talking about that than up ahead a pair of vehicles were interlocked on the edge of the road. It was quite a day for treacherous roads.

Into Ayr and hours of paperwork later I was able to get another hire car and head off again. I just managed to get the last ferry to Belfast. By then it was gone 9pm and dark. I was shattered but still had to drive across the north of Ireland to Derry. I managed to get onto the wrong motorway and spent another hour getting back in the right direction. At nearly 2am I finally collapsed into the bed of my B&B.

I collapsed into a deep sleep for neraly a whole hour before waking up to feel extremely ill. I couldn't sleep I just felt so sick. Then I got the runs. Probably a mixture of shock, fatigue, and nasty airbag chemicals still burning in my throat. Finally, as I knelt for the umpteenth time at the white rim of my new god Armitage Shanks my guts emptied themselves like Niagra. Hallelujah. Back to bed for an hour of sleep before waking up freezing cold. I lay there shivering for another hour before getting up at 6.30 for medi then work.

Thu 24 Oct 02 Derry
So, I still felt really sick but managed to dragged myself out of bed. I could hardly stand. I couldn't face breakfast so just went out to the car where I totally chucked my guts up yet again. People walked by wearing knowing looks of disgust (Obviously a man that's been out drinking all night). Well at least I felt a bit better after that. Now to try and find the theatre I was supposed to have arrived at yesterday. I spent quite some time driving into Derry's oneway system and getting spat out again at the same roundabout. By the time I finally arrived at the Playhouse theatre the schools had already arrived. I hadn't even set up the demos and my ?500 liquid nitrogen dewar had been trashed in the crash. About half my show involves liquid nitrogen demos so, with that gone, I only had half a show and half a minute to set it up. But I managed, albeit with a late start. In fact it all three shows went surprisingly well, especially given how not so well everything else seemed to be going. Come te end of the day I was totally cream crackered. So you can imagine I wasn't too happy about having to jump straight back in the car and drive all the way back to Belfast to collect a loan nitrogen dewar then flog myself some more by driving back to Derry again. Once again I was glad to collapse into my bed and slept from 9pm to 9.30am. Bliss!

Fri 25th Oct 02
Unfortunatley, my first show started at 10am so, whilst getting twelve hours sleep was brilliant it meant I had managed to sleep through two alarms, and now I was in my pyjamas 30 minutes before the start of my first show. It was quite a rush (and that was quite an understatement) but I managed to get there just as the kids were bouncing up and down in their seats with boredom. Thankfully, I pulled all the stops out and had another three extremely well received shows. At least till the end when some "peace professional" gave me a quarter of an hour pointed interrogation about the morality of the "explosive" nature of some of my demos given the situation in Northern ireland. She had a point but it was so far up her own arse that I really struggled not to add her to the list of casualties. At least that evening I had a nice night out with some other science communicators from the Derry Science Festival. Unfortunately, some dozey bastard set off the firealarm in the middle of the night. I had no idea what the hell was going on to begin with. It was such a racket but then it dawned on me. Bollocks! Off I trudged down the stairs in my PJs, I didn't even think to put some shoes on. Thankfully they realised it was a false alarm before we made it out onto the cold & rainy street. It took me ages to get back to sleep so you can probably guess how fed up I was when, having just dozed back off the fire alarm went off again. Same pain in the arse as last time. Back to bed. Back to sleep. Oh what's this, the fire alarm's gone off a third time. Yippee! This time I refused to get out of bed. I'd checked the window after the last alarm and worked out that I could definitely climb down the side if I had to and even if I couldn't I'd rather burn to death than get out of bed a third time (my logic was a little muddled by then). Of course the same thing did happen again - the fourth time. I nearly cried myself to sleep that time. But that was it, the last fire alarm. I zonked out completely.

Sat 26 Oct 02
Managed to sleep through those two alarms again and had another mad sprint to the theatre. I felt sick as a pig when I got there and my stomach and bottom were really playing up again! The first show went very well. The second show ... well ... I'd forgotten my dodgey tummy and dared to fart just two moments before I was due on. I'm embarrassed to say but I plastered my pants with pot noodles. Worse still the only way to the toilets was to come out from behind the curtain across the theatre and in front of the assembled audience and then up the stairs. If you pooping your pants as a kid I'm sure you recall how compelled feel to walk like John Wayne. However, That was the last thing I could do as I walked past the audience. I had to act absolutely ordinary. Very tricky when yesterday's dinner is creeping across your bum cheeks. Perhaps more than you wanted to know but I just want you to get a feel for how exciting these last few days really have been. Well the next bit was too painfully unpleasant to recount to you but I managed to get on Bunhead trousers and ditch my Bumburp trousers. Then quickly whizzed back down the stairs and onto the stage, a mere minute or so behind schedule. I had the most storming show I've had in ages. The audience loved it. It seems the bigger the disaster the better the show is!

Sun 27 Oct 02
Up at 5am. Ouch!! Early start in order to drive to Belfast to return the nitrogen dewar then find the ferry terminal. The ferry was cancelled because of high winds. Bums!. Two hours later it was de-cancelled. Hooray! However, It took twice as long to cross becuase the sea was so rough. I've never seen so many grey and green faces and so many people suddenly sprinting for the toilets. It would have been hilarious if I hadn't felt so close to vomiting the whole time too.

I was so glad to get back home to my bed in Edinburgh.
So that's all my news for the last few days petal.

Exciting eh?!!
How's your life been?

Lots of love for now
Tomster

THE END

awww, FJ, that sounds like it was a really crappy day.... :hug: poor you! and elizabeth!!! whoa, i got scared reading your story...
:(

Last edited:
I had the Day From Hell the other day. It was the first time I'd gone to work in a week (I am only a part-time worker at the local library). One of our workers had committed suicide last Thursday. I didn't know this until Wednesday. Also, a security guard for another library was murdered Saturday. I also found out about this Wednesday. I'm telling you, Wednesday was truly crudtastic.:scream: :scream: :mad: :censored: :sad: :censored:

souLnation2002 said:
awww, FJ, that sounds like it was a really crappy day.... :hug: poor you! and elizabeth!!! whoa, i got scared reading your story...

Dawwww, thanks! :hug:

But this was such a long time ago, I'm able to :lmao: about it now! Especially the bird thing...

souLnation2002 said:

well, it wasn't MY story, but it was scary. it was my friend Tom's bad set of days. Gross, actually. The whole thing is gross. He's hilarious though, and goes by the stage name Bunhead. Some girls around here will remember me mentioning him previously.

Mine is the worst of all. On Tuesday, my cable got cut off. The asshole who did it turned me in for having too many cats, and the police came- 4 of them. I was terrified. I've seen those people on TV with animal houses who end up in jail just for taking in too many pets and trying to be nice. I had to give up most of my darlings, and although they say they didn't kill them, I have a gut feeling they did, and I am heartbroken and devastated. I am haunted by all their precious faces. They all had their own personalities and they loved and trusted me. I loved them, and I let them down. My love for them destroyed them. I am sick, depressed, and suffering. To add to all this, we have to move out of our house. We do not have enough money to find another place. Because of all our high credit card debts, my husband is losing his job. Right now I am shacked up with relatives and it is not a good situation. I have no idea what will happen to me. My entire life is ruined and I would rather die than go on with all this guilt and agony. If your day wasn't that bad, feel lucky. :( :sad:

Oh goodness U2Kitten...
I really feel for you, I love all animals but have a special place in my heart for cats, and can relate.
Chances are, they weren't killed, the only time the immediately do that when taking them is if they are completely and totally wild and could never be put into homes. (they're reasoning, which I still say is bull...you can take a feral cat and make it a pet if you really put effort and time into it) If the cats you had were pretty much used to being around the house and people, I'm sure they will try to place them in good homes.
It's also different for every city too of course, this type of stuff just tears me up.
You mentioned being sick and depressed...did you mean that figurativly or literally? lol Coz boy do I have experience with that too. I'm at the point where I've been deemed not stable to work, yet I have 6-8 months ahead of me trying to get Social Security and absolutely no income for myself until then. Catch 22 situations that are just frustrating as hell.

My emails at the bottom....I could go on and on...
I really really do feel for you and my heart goes out to you.
:sad: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Wow those are terrible stories!

I got kicked out of my house on THANKSGIVING!!! and im no longer basically welcome here anymore and I totally cant move out on my own bc i have no money no car no drivers license and nothing!!

I might have to sell some of my things to be able to move out but the only things that are of any value right now is my stereo and my U2 cds!!!:(

this isn't a fun thread anymore.

is there anything i can do to help anybody? (except take cats. i'm allergic. i'm sorry.)

I'm sorry about everyone's bad days. :(

I had a really mixed two days this week. High highs, low lows. My sister came to visit me and we saw Peter Gabriel, which rocked, but one of her friends went out to eat with us a couple times and she kept insulting local culture. (saying things like "OOH, here in Montreal we speak FRENCH, OOH, we're just so special, aren't we??!") It was very embarrassing. So I was completely urged to sort of call her on it, or get into an argument with her, or ask why she didn't just go to school in the states if she hates it so much here, but that woulda just made Marty (my sister) cry and that would have been awful. Also, my sis felt sick after the show and we couldn't have our super nontraditional thanksgiving dinner (vegetarian pizza) THEN my mom called. She had had pink eye but then was allergic to the medicine so her whole face was swollen up and she and my dad couldn't go volunteer at a soup kitchen like they'd wanted to for the holiday. And I was trying to talk her into going to the hospital ("Mom! You're just going to give the pink eye to dad!" "No, sweetie, it's not contagious anymore! Really, the doctor SAID!" "You still should go!!") and then I was all worried about HER and Friday I went to the wrong classroom for my conference, got to the correct room late, made an ass of myself in a cafe, didn't hear from my crazy brother and got all worried, and so on and so forth. Actually, I just got an email from my brother saying he got lost in the woods (sigh, he's 27 and he just WANDERS around in the woods at night for no reason, feels like I'm the older one...) and that's why he didn't call or something.

So I had a couple frustrating days and my poor family had bad ones...sickness, being lost in the woods (I CAN'T BELIEVE he didn't bring a flashlight), etc...but it's all kinda funny, so, hopefully...i dunno. I guess me and my wacky family could take yer minds off your more serious problems?? That is my apey hope anyway

*gramps reference for mooks an' bluey*

:)

*sigh*

Damn! Some of your situations make my Wednesday sound like a Victorian tea party! I'm so sorry this :censored: stuff is happening to you guys.:scream: :scream: :sad: :censored: :sad: :censored:

Wow, and I was hating life cuz finals are coming and I'm not ready.....

:hug:s to everyone - especially you, U2Kitten, unfortunately I think you're taking the prize right now :sad:

umm... last year we came back from winter break to find the first floor bathroom all bloody with some guy's clothes in it, and upstairs in the second floor bathroom a naked dead guy

...but I don't think that wins

Kristie said:
umm... last year we came back from winter break to find the first floor bathroom all bloody with some guy's clothes in it, and upstairs in the second floor bathroom a naked dead guy

Eek, that's still super-duper creepy and scary :ohmy:

Kristie said:

EWWWW krisite!!! WHAT THE F???

Kristie said:

DAMN! What they say about truth being stranger than fiction is no lie! That's a weird one!

Sorry, it's me again. But my family is so cold hearted toward my feelings for my animals I had to tell friends, and you are my friends. After I lost most of my cats, I kept 3 special yellow kittens, one was named Bono. He was white with yellow spots and patches. I put them in the kennel after my brother threatened to kill them if I didn't get them out of my mom's house (and she let him) and Bono got out of his cage and was mauled and eaten by a vicious dog. I am so sad, and heartbroken, and I will never get over this. The poor thing had been sickly all his young life and was too weak. He was so precious, and the last time I saw him his eyes looked at me and he purred so loud. I told him he would be okay. I was wrong. I am devastated.

Thank you for listening. I need someone so bad. Don't know when I'll get online again, but thanks to anyone who cares. I love you.

Back
Top Bottom