8th RSOC meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
Another Tuesday and although we are just about to call our 7th meeting quits, we are ready to start the next one. There is not such a thing as too many Adam pics
biggrin.gif

So let?s keep them coming, girls...

Agenda:
1) We are better than the Bono-club!!!
2) We are better that the Edge-club!!!
3) We are better than the Larry-club!!!
4) We are better than the Paul McGuinness-club (just in case there is one
biggrin.gif
)
5) What about pics when Adam was young and innocent
biggrin.gif
Boy/October era

but let me start even earlier..

QC36260.jpg

QB74973.jpg

%3B%3C757%3C832323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E96%3A%

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

nN85958.jpg

adam_012.jpg

Adam_81_October_era.jpg

U2_159.jpg

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 09-25-2001).]

As Adam is the posh trendsetter in the band, as are the RSOC members and it's founders! Others are following in our footsteps, but as Adam is the calm and confident, hip and suave bass player, so is RSOC and all that the others cannot ever be.

As Adam is oldest, so are we (oldest, wisest, leader, etc)

biggrin.gif

adamteen.jpg

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

You?re so right, OliveU2CM. And here is the proof: from the The Evening Press, 1978.

The boys had to promote themselves. "No one in Dublin was interested in us and we came down here as a last resort," said Adam Clayton, group leader.

1253.jpg

Sparky rules!!!!!!!

------------------

Originally posted by AM:

Agenda:
biggrin.gif
)

1) "Oh, I want to be together - it's my ambition to one day get my own life in order and tie it up with string and be as organized as somebody like Adam....Clayton's unbelievable." -Bono

2) "That bassline makes that song," Edge on Wire

3)"... and then i saw adam, and he just looked so cool. and i said, 'i want to be in a rock n' roll band with him.'" -Larry

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
Take Me Higher

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
1) "Oh, I want to be together - it's my ambition to one day get my own life in order and tie it up with string and be as organized as somebody like Adam....Clayton's unbelievable." -Bono

3)"... and then i saw adam, and he just looked so cool. and i said, 'i want to be in a rock n' roll band with him.'" -Larry

P E R F E C T

We just soooooo rule, eh? LMAO

So does Shhhhhparky!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

thumps up!!!! let?s find some more pics....

------------------

adamtwenty.jpg

arent_20they_20young.jpg

------------------

Take Me Higher

Thanks Cat for the Bono/Adam pic, here's one for you girls.
D089409.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

LMAO!! That looks like a scene where radicals are carrying a pic of their leader down the street and shaking their fists and chanting! It's the ADAM CULT!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by CatDubh:
Hr57325.jpg

Cat, you rock!!!!!!!!!

he gets my vote - Sparkynation!!!

Sparky, you will need a chairwoman, right?
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by AM:

Agenda:
biggrin.gif
)
5) What about pics when Adam was young and innocent
biggrin.gif
Boy/October era

Lol! Adam was never innocent!
biggrin.gif

And LEATHER will NEVER be beaten!

wd34622.jpg

Originally posted by Bonoforever:

Bono himself admits Adam is numero uno!
"There are four members of U2. If there is a fifth, non-musical member it is Paul McGuiness. Either that or Adam's willie!" - Bono

"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting,
public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

"Adam literally got me by the scruff of the neck and roped me into U2. I didn't really want to be in a band. I was only into it for the sake of the sound of electric guitar, drums, bass and singing. So when he started talking about actually playing gigs I thought,'What, y' mean playing gigs in front of other people?' The thought had never
dawned on me. But Adam believed in the band before anyone did - he'd made up his mind at 15 or 16 that rock 'n' roll was what he was going to do. -Bono

------------------

Take Me Higher

Lol! Never renounced my love for Sparky - just renounced the statement that RSOC was superior to LEATHER!
biggrin.gif

Bono on a death threat they had on the JT tour in LA

"Wherever you look we're a target for the loony fringe. So the second night, we're on-stage and I'm singing 'Pride 'thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.

So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of this death threat crossed my mind. When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me, between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment... I never liked the bastard."

Lol!
biggrin.gif

Bono on a death threat they had on the JT tour in LA

"Wherever you look we're a target for the loony fringe. So the second night, we're on-stage and I'm singing 'Pride 'thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.

So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of this death threat crossed my mind. When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me, between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment... I never liked the bastard."

BLUEY!
See! That's the story I was talking about last night!!!
smile.gif

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparky-ism

"Show me your secret and tell me your name,
Catch me with your fizzy smile!"

SlipStream Soul

Hello Ladies!!!!
smile.gif

Great theme AM, I love looking at "baby" Adam pics!!
adamkid.jpg

adamroof.jpg

debsu2adam001.jpg

debsadamt.jpg

He looks really cute here..jammin on the bass!

And finally, a great pic of Adam & Larry (would be Rockstars!!!!)
debsu2al.jpg

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

It's Tuesday already?!
My the week travels fast when you're having fun!
biggrin.gif

U2_159.jpg

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparky-ism

"Show me your secret and tell me your name,
Catch me with your fizzy smile!"

SlipStream Soul

biggrin.gif

I second that
biggrin.gif

*AM smiles her I?m-a-very-polite-person-and-I-do-know-better-but-I-won?t-hurt-your-feelings-so-I?m-not-tellin-ya-smile (thought by the master himself
biggrin.gif
)

adam.jpg

------------------

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 09-26-2001).]

biggrin.gif

wd34622.jpg

What do u think u're doing here with a nick like this? U want your arse whipped there, young lady?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

From u2takemehigher.com:

Adam Clayton, nonchalantly sporting a wild blond afro and hip clothes, beads and talking jive, made the biggest impression on the others. Adam was kicked out of their high school, Mount Temple, after streaking through the halls. He challenged things in his own way, never settling for the unstimulating or bland. He hung with the cool kids at school, even after he was kicked out, much to the annoyance of the administration.

Adam, the oldest of U2, filled the shoes nicely. He had a vision of the band, and his passion paved the way for U2 to plant roots in people's heads. He developed his own distinctive style of bass playing, the rhythm of the music flowing through his body and to the people by ways of the vessel called the bass guitar. It's been said before and it'll be said again: Adam epitomizes cool. Slow to anger and easy to smile, water runs off his back and he is the least likely of the band members to rise to a row. That is not to say that he does not stand behind his beliefs, his deeply rooted English sentiment that there is a right and a wrong and he is just going to do the right thing.

Adam is generous and his sense of contentment is so strong that just watching him gives you a taste of it. There is also a solemn side of Adam, the side that has been there, and has seen that. And he's lived, not to tell the tale over and over, but to experience new ones.

------------------

Originally posted by CatDubh:
What do u think u're doing here with a nick like this? U want your arse whipped there, young lady?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*hides behind Sparky's 'fro*

Lol! Coming from someone who posted this in LEATHER..
biggrin.gif

dP16920.jpg

Back
Top Bottom