60 Minutes II Reairing Bono Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
FYI, on Wednesday the 20th 60 Minutes II will be reairing last year's episode..

It's a visit to Bono in Dublin.

Mark your calendars!!

*cancels Wednesday night plans*

Thanks ramblin rose!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by madonna's child:
How long is the interview? Is it good?

Honestly, I have missed it the last two times it was on also, so I'm also pretty excited about finally seeing it. All I can say is that 60 minutes usually breaks up the program into 3 10-15 minutes segments with a commentary at the end.

So it's at least a 10-15 minute uninterrupted segment on Bono.

I'll take it.

When it was first run I got the date wrong, turned on the tv out of boredom and it was just ending. I am so happy that it is being run again! Thankyou!!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Cool!! I missed it the first time!! Thanks for letting us know!

------------------
Love will make you mine...
Creep up from behind...
Get you jumping out of your skin...
Angel, it's sink or swim.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I've never forgiven myself for missing this. Charlie Rose, U2 Does Much, and many other tv appearances later... two concerts later... There's still a hole.
frown.gif

wink.gif
Do I place too much on my knowledge of when and where U2 will be on tv?

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Bono was so cool about the oddity of a rich man promoting the poor and a famous rock star drawing attention to a political issue.

I love Larry's insight into the table of three legs so my question is . . .

Where the feck was Adam? Edge was not verbal but he was present - but I didn't see Adam even in the room.

I'll check the tape - but did anyone else know who the other singer was with Edge?

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Originally posted by YellowKite:
Bono was so cool about the oddity of a rich man promoting the poor and a famous rock star drawing attention to a political issue.

I love Larry's insight into the table of three legs so my question is . . .

Where the feck was Adam? Edge was not verbal but he was present - but I didn't see Adam even in the room.

I'll check the tape - but did anyone else know who the other singer was with Edge?

It was awesome, yeah I was wondering where Adam was. I believe the singer that was with Edge was Daniel Lanois.

Bono looked so bloody hot! Oh, those long sleeves! *swoon* And the short hair! *thud*

LL

(who doesnn't wanna get into any trouble, I just love the hair the way it was last year, I really do...)

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Just hopped over from the Olympics and caught the last 5 minutes or so of it.
(paraphrasing)
interviewer But you're not a pop band. You're not singing "Oh baby, baby"
Larry Oh sometimes I wish!
Literally fell off my chair laughing
biggrin.gif

------------------
The interview hadn't even begun..... and suddenly we all noticed something very peculiar: Bono - is - taking - all - his - clothes - off. The white shirt went first, then his black suede boots, his socks, trousers, and briefs (black with white trim, possibly Calvin Klein, probably Marks & Spencer).
"Excuse me but why have you taken your clothes off, Bono?"
"For the same reason," interjected the Edge, answering on Bono's behalf, "that he's the lead singer. Because he's a rampant sex god with a huge ego."
"And a small willy," added Adam.

oh my god....i just got done watching the re-airing of 60 min II......wow oh wow. Bono looked amazing. i think he looks beautiful all the time, but i wish he'd cut his hair again, i love it like that! i must admit, i cracked up when he let the interview chick into his car....i wonder if she knew what she was getting into?....and Larry can say "ooooh baby baby" to me anytime!

i must add, seeing this interview totally boosted my spirits. after having a particularly trying day and week, this is totally what i needed to cheer me up. just another sign of the power of U2.

xoxo,
chelsea

Okay, so Bono was gorgeous as always, but I thought Larry was hilarious.

In light of MG's recent script about the pop band, it made Larry's remark about being a "pop band" that much more funny.

Originally posted by ms.hewson:

I think that the way some men drive is soooo sexy-bono is the ultimate.

I think so too. Despite the stories, I love Bono and cars.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I freakin' totally forgot about it last night. Somehow. Not sure how.
I'm sad.
Thought of the Moment: They must send male reporters to interview these sexy people.. I mean, how could female ones hold themselves back? I know I couldn't.

Oh my, I am soo glad I taped it!

Here's what I wrote about it last night in my online journal:

U2 on 60 Minutes II
Of course it was primarily a Bono piece, but it was still very good.
biggrin.gif

Can't believe I missed it when it first aired a year ago. *slaps self*

It was very good...nothing really *new* for me, but hey, it's U2, can't complain.
wink.gif

I loved seeing Bono driving and singing and typing his songs...

Hehe....

Can I just say a big *drool* to Bono? Sigh...

Not enough Edge and what about poor Adam, neglected once again? Feckin' idiot people, we want to see all of them...

Larry...................................

*drool*

*sigh*

He was looking hot per usual and I was like awwww, he's so cute, so gorgeous, so damn fine...

Hehehe, he turns me into mush...

Reporter: Bono goes off, he has his crusades, does it interfere with the band or does it bring something fresh to you, every time?
Larry: long sigh...
Tania: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he's so fine************hehe*****
Larry: Yes it does interfere, with the band, I mean, if he's not around, and part of the, it's like it's a four-legged table, and it, you know, with one leg missing, even for short periods of time, you know, the thing becomes a little unstable.
Reporter: But it must bring so much back to the music as well, because you...you're not a pop band
Larry: no
Reporter: you're not singing, "ooohh baby, baby"
Larry: **the way he turns the corner of his lips** sometimes i wish, heheh....

He did it, Larry giggled on TV.

:lol: I *heart* Larry, he's so adorable, I was giggling with him and going *tee* look at that man....

Okay, enough rambling...

LMAO I replayed that scene a good 20x last night, I swear! And I played it twice this AM before leaving for work and I can't wait to see it again...

Ahhhhh, Larrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy...

That man is so damn good-looking.

And he giggled. Not a girlie giggle, not a macho guffaw, but just enough to make one swoon.

:p

------------------
I can't even say the bloody word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

Back
Top Bottom