5/9 & 5/10 too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarletwine

New Yorker
I didn't know where to post but here it is.

*see avatar*

09/05
We checked it about 2:00 pm and then decided to go look around. At the main entrance we met a group, security, and John waiting on Bono to come out. So we stop and join the crowd. Duh newbie here – a freakin nervous wreck. Hubby is in charge of the camera so I can ogle all. So then out comes Gavin and friend (1 pic) then out comes Ali and the kids I was in the elevator with – Eli, John, & Nanny. What a trip.

B moves to the left and is quick. He reachs our side and hugs Ruth. She presents him with a bottle of red wine (don’t tell anyone). Then a book of pics. At that point I’m getting impatient cause he’s limited on time. He signs our stuff, a few great looks and on he goes. Thank God I was on that side cause they never let hime get to end either day.

If boomspeed quits acting up I’ll get all pics up.
Then I'll post Bday

:applaud: I remember seeing the bottle of red wine and thinking that was a great idea!

I can't wait to see your pics!

I think Eli does at this point.

Anyway we're having a huge Thunderstorm so I'm on dial-up for awhile. I only got about 12 pics uploaded before my dsl went out.

ChBonoRuth0509.jpg

This is Ruth B from U2log.

Chi05091.jpg

WOW!!!! These are fantastic pix Scarlet!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

That is such a lovely one with you wrapping your arms around him, being so joyous! It's so sweet looking!! :love:

I'm constantly amazed at how many people he takes time out for meeting with!! He truly is the best rock star EVER!! :bow: :bow:

Congratulations! :wink:

On Tuesday we hung out in the lobby. I was hoping to catch the Edge as he was leaving earlier than the rest. But no luck.

Ali, Jordan, and Eve came down and left first. they were so grown up loooking and Ali has a new hair style. The Nanny and two boys left next. They hung out in the lobby for a bit and Eli was playing ring around the rosy on a column and John had his action figure in hand again.

Gavin and another guy I don't know with two women came down and then Bono. He took the other guys phone and talked to the guys dad for a couple minutes. Then they went outside and security let us out behind him. Everyone sang happy birthday to him and he signed alot and took a few pics with people.

Then he came over to our side and swooped me into a bg hug and a kiss on the cheek. My hubby was to surprised to get a pic of the hug. So I got this one post hug.
ChiBonopostHug.jpg

I look punch drunk. LOL But recovered enough to ask him for a pic and he said sure. He was so sweet.

B_Me1.jpg

These are a few other pics

My Autograph from Monday
Bonoautograph050905.jpg

When we went back in the lobby Mr Clayton was there talking to a tall thin blonde. I didn't want to interrupt his conversation so I just said hello and kept walking.

I'm so happy for you! These pictures are amazing! He looks so joyful! You look so happy, good vibes good vibes, congrats!

Wow, great pics Scarletwine. You had a wonderful experience. Bono seems like such a real person as opposed to some other singers who are only interested in groupies. He looks genuinely interested and happy to meet fans. Good on ya!

Back
Top Bottom