4th Annual Build a Well for Bono’s Birthday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dianey

The Fly
Yes it’s that time again! The African Well Fund is excited to announce plans for this year’s fundraiser. We will be collecting donations in honor of Bono’s May 10th birthday from March 22nd through May 6th.

Previous donations have totaled more than $50,000 and have funded clean water projects in Uganda, Ethiopia and Angola, bringing the gift of clean water to thousands. This year the donations will be used to fund a project in Zimbabwe. New wells will be constructed and old wells will be rehabilitated at the cost of $500 to $1500 a site – this relatively inexpensive cost per site gives us the opportunity to fund a significant amount of wells in Bono’s honor. How many is up to you!

This year’s fundraiser also includes a special t-shirt, the winner of our DESIGN4 : BBW4 contest, to be sold for a limited time at http://www.cafepress.com/wellfund

Additionally, beginning April 17th an Ebay auction entitled PHOTOS4 // BBW4 will feature U2 concert photos donated by some very talented fans. All proceeds from both ventures will benefit the birthday fundraiser.

For more details about the fundraiser, please visit http://africanwellfund.org/Bono-Well-2006.html

After donating, don’t forget to sign the online card and leave your birthday message for Bono!

I made my donation and ordered a shirt for my daughter. A very nice way to tell Bono Happy Birthday, and thanks for everything. :)

If you haven't made your donation yet - there is still time

one way to donate is to participate in the U2 concert photo auction that started this morning

there are some amazing concert photos up for auction and all proceeds go directly to the Birthday Well fundraiser

you can check out the photos on our MissionFish page

http://www.missionfish.org/NPMMF/nphomepage.jsp?NP_ID=5272

Oh thanks oktobergirl! I didn't see that til just now! :)

Thanks for the reminder Dianey! I will check those out!

And by the way... Just wanted to say that the t-shirt ordered from Cafe Press is great! My daughter loves it (she wore it for Easter yesterday!) and what a great ordering experience form Cafe Press! It arrived super fast and their customer service is outstanding. Thanks again! :)

it's in the mail. Happy upcoming birthday Mr. Bono!! :D

I'm still eyeing those totebags for the African Well fund. :hmm:

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
Oh thanks oktobergirl! I didn't see that til just now! :)

Thanks for the reminder Dianey! I will check those out!

And by the way... Just wanted to say that the t-shirt ordered from Cafe Press is great! My daughter loves it (she wore it for Easter yesterday!) and what a great ordering experience form Cafe Press! It arrived super fast and their customer service is outstanding. Thanks again! :)

I'm so glad you like the shirt. We had shirts available through cafepress before but were unhappy with the quality so we discontinued. But they have improved their printing process so I think the shirts are better now.

And yes they do make everything easier, especially on our end, selling tshirts is a very labor intensive undertaking for an all volunteer org.

The Bono Birthday shirts are selling really well, we've sold over 80 shirts so far!

Yes, I forgot to mention the quality of the shirt! It is excellent!! And my daughter really liked that they had such a great size/style selection. Rarely do you see womens shirts available that give you the choice of either babydoll or regular t-shirt style.She likes the regular style so it was great not having to buy a mans size shirt to get the classic T style! Thanks again!!

Oh and the concert photos are excellent! I will definitely be bidding on some!

bonocomet said:
Yes, I forgot to mention the quality of the shirt! It is excellent!! And my daughter really liked that they had such a great size/style selection. Rarely do you see womens shirts available that give you the choice of either babydoll or regular t-shirt style.She likes the regular style so it was great not having to buy a mans size shirt to get the classic T style! Thanks again!!

Oh and the concert photos are excellent! I will definitely be bidding on some!

Thanks again Bonocomet

yeah I think the photos are wonderful, there are some really amazing shots

it takes a while to go through them all (there are 92) but it is worth it

bidding for all starts at $5 - there is definitely something for everyone!

http://www.missionfish.org/NPMMF/nphomepage.jsp?NP_ID=5272

Back
Top Bottom