48 Hours, 3 Cities, 227 Vodkas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
That's a whopping 4.7 vodkas an hour, folks!
eek.gif

So THANKS to the wonderful and thoughtful MRS. EDGE, I received my very own copy of Q Magazine today, WOO HOO!!! (a very nice ending to a very rough day). OMG, this is the COOLEST music magazine I think I've ever read! Extremely HIP, with great articles, very funny/cheeky bits, awesome pictures, LOADS of info. I love the UK. I'm moving there.
smile.gif
Haven's read the main article yet, but what's this? On page 25 - looks like Bono WON the "Oral Exam"!!! (heh heh...hey! get your minds out of the gutters, you vixens!!!) I mean, he scored higest for being a good speaker with 9 out of 10 points!
smile.gif
An' it goes a little like this:

the gist: "Is success your drug of choice? Is missing the moment unacceptable to you? Is watsing inspiration a crime? Bono explains his involvement in the Judiblee 2000 campaign in terms uncannily like his own lyrics.

the judge: "Bono makes the audience like him through gentle, self-depracating humour. His speech is well structured and he has an extremely good ear for metaphor and phraseology."

Well, DUH!!! This is Bono we're talking about!!
biggrin.gif
I could speak/write volumes on his use of metaphor, but it wouldn't be nearly as clever as his very own lyrics...
tongue.gif

DiScO

PS. one very sad note: page 29 - a full page picture and short article of the last Aaliyah, before her very untimely death...
frown.gif

I thought it was hillarious that they put an article about Boy George in the same magazine, you know after his whole crush on Larry and all... I found that amusing... in fact, to quote Boy George:

"I did fancy Larry Mullen but he's a very handsome boy."

And that's a BAD THING??!?!?!??!

Anyway, I was amused.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

That is an awesome magazine and an awesome article on the boys(ehm, men).......if anyone is intrested I just found mine at Barnes and Noble ....in Ohio, so they should be about everywhere now!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

Q is a pretty cool magazine! I recently got a copy at Tower records, so if anyone's still searching for a copy they can probably get one there. My local Barnes & Noble didn't have it.

Back
Top Bottom