26 years & JC finally met

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
26 years & JC finally met Bono!!

I hopped the 7:15am train to Penn Station, got in at 8am, walked 17 blocks to the B & N store and got online at about 8:20.

They didn't give out bracelets yet, I waited and waited and finally someone came around and said there will be no more bracelets handed out you can form a line to buy the book. So thats what I did.

As I'm standing on line, who pulls up to the curb but Circa1992 and her family!!!! They are the nicest family! So, Circas mom got her bracelet and onto the 4th floor where the signing was. I didn't recognize anyone else except U2forlife who was at the head of the line and Headache, (he's a tall one).

At this time I had a few hours to hang around, the store and hung with circa and her family and met another girl and her dad who were really nice too. Paige wanted here Coexist headband signed so she could sell it and donate it to an African orphanage.

This poor girl and her dad traveled from upstate NY and got on line at 11:30 last night and didn't get a bracelet. She was so upset and no one would help her get her Coexist headband to Bono.

Every security person told you a different story so all we had to do was figure out where they were entering.

It felt like forever, but Paiges dad checked around the corner at the back entrance and sure enough thats where they were entering.

Luckily we got a place by the rail, and who comes out to check things out but Big John Bono sec. guard.

I cannot even begin to tell you how unbelievable nice and cool he is. Paige told him about the headband and circa told him about her hats and picture, and Big John told them he direct Bono over our way.

The band pulled up all together, I tried not to loose it. I really was afraid I was going to faint, and I tried to stop shaking so I can take pictures. They all got out, first Edge, who signed my military jacket on the arm and then stole my pen!

Then.............:love: He is everything and more! So kind, doesn't miss a beat, it seemed like he heard everything and saw everything!

While Bono was signing things Larry and Adam came out and Adam kinda went right in and Larry hung around a little longer but soon he was in too.

So I asked Bono to sign, my Edun jeans and he said Oh! like he was a little surprised someone was wearing them and he said yeah I will sign your Eduns so I slipped my leg through the rails.
Thank God it fit cause the rails were up to my ribs!
So he signed my leg Bono vox after I had to get my pen back from Edge who wandered off with it. I said hey Edge can I have my pen back, Bono needs it. He said yeah sure! and came over and gave it back, he said (about Bono) he gets all the good stuff, and Bono just grinned.

I asked Big John if he could take a picture. He did, but people on the other side kept calling him so he wasn't looking at the camera, he was looking at was going on. He leaned back on me to take the picture, I thought I was a gonner!!! When I showed my son the picture he said MOM! Bono is touching your hair, this Bono hair!!!

So, hes sooooo awsomely cute! Love the hair love the jacket, you can see his blue eyes through the glasses and when he was signing my jeans I didn't even think he looked at me but he said & I thought I had blue eyes, I didn't say anything I was just in awe.

After the picture I said Thank you Bono I love you, He said Love You and turned and said good bye to everyone.

There a piece of the story missing that Circa will have to fill everyone in on.
me2.jpg

me & Bono
Edge2.jpg

Edge the greenest eyes ever!!!
bsigning2-1.jpg

Bono signing
Bonojc12.jpg

getting closer....
niceshades.jpg

you can see his blue eyes through his shades!
Bonosmile2.jpg

The grin we all love!
Bonosmile2.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! You got a great pic too. :)

* edited to add: Yikes! I better scramble out of here before I get sucked into Pleba for good! :yikes: :shifty:

I just got a tingly sensation right through my whole body reading your story and looking at the pics....wow! They, and you, are amazing!! CONGRATULATIONS!! And I'm sure after 26 years, the victory of finally meeting them was so much sweeter!
:hug:

JCoster, I am SO UNBELIEVABLY happy for you. There are no words to describe this! I know you've loved him like crazy since he was a kid...:cute:

:shh: What does he smell like?? :drool:

Love you, so happy for you!! :hug:

You got to finally meet the IRSH TIMBIT!!! :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

^ :lmao: *cough*

JC - I said it before, but I'll say it again: *SQUEEEEE*

:applaud: Good for you! Look at you and your man there :cute: Love it!

ohhh and the chin scar, I was trying not to stare, you know I lika the chin:drool: in one of the pix you can see it.

I am so exhausted the adrennaline rush I had today was unbelievable, I didn't eat until 6 tonight and only had a soda in the cafe while they were doing the press photos, I think I am actually a little dehydrated.

I just realized that Paul G is in the background of a pix and I did get part of Adam!!!!

Last edited:
Diane L said:
You look so familiar to me...did you wait outside MSG last year before the shows?

Great, GREAT story, and as I've said before, I'm so happy for you!!!

No I didn't but at the MSG shows 10/7 and 11/22 I was behind the stage 1st row.

Woohoo:rockon: Well Done JC

Seems to me that 2006 was THE year for us :D People who were waiting 20-26 years long have FINALY done it :rockon:

Damn a lot of PLEBAns are lucky these days!!! :scream: When's it gonna be MY time????

:wink: No I'm happy for you Jcoster!!! He looks adorable there, I really love the new jacket!

:hyper: Now tell us, WHAT DOES HE SMELL LIKE???????

:lol:

Amazing - Congrats JC!!! Fantastic pics!!!!! You did us proud!! :applaud: :faint:

Awesome story JC. They are just the BEST!!! And you are probably still on cloud 9. Amazing that Bono notices everything. I remember shaking hands with Edge before the 2nd Miami show when Bono was walking around with the camera filming A Day in the Life of The Edge and Edge looked me straight in the eye and really focused on what I was saying until we were finished. It was just like it was just the 2 of us talking and not a hundred other people around us. They are just so truly sincere when they greet their fans. I respect these guys SO much.

Again, CONGRATS!!!:applaud: :applaud:

Great story!!! I was on PLEBA last night hunting for it....so happy to hear you were "successful"!!!

Back
Top Bottom