21 things I Love About Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
These things are how I feel. Bono: :heart: & soul!!

21 Things I Love About The-B-Man! {Not in this order.}

1. His faith
2. His looks
3. Patriatism
4. Love for music
5. Connection with his band
6. Connecton with his friends and family
7. Connection with his fans
8. Artisticness/poetic
9. Egoistical but not selfish
10. Sense of humor
11. Irish
12. He's mellow-dramantic
13. Stands up for his rights when he needs to
14. Open-minded
15. Generous
16. AIDS work
17. He's all about love
18. Writes bittersweet songs
19. He wants to make a difference
20. He wants to save the world
21. He likes M.L.K.

!!

Good Points... I've had my posts before why I adore Bono so I'll just say I wish him well.. and that he feels back all he gives to his fans and the world 100 times over.. that he finds solace in the things that matter. For me because in his heart he is not wearing any sunglasses!!

Last edited:
Well, I am very happy he and Ali have been together for so long, i dont mean it to be mean. I just am very happy that they are still together:)! Not that im not happy for Edge....
But, YAY BONO AND ALI! I LOVE YOU BOTH!

TheWho4Life said:
Well, I am very happy he and Ali have been together for so long, i dont mean it to be mean. I just am very happy that they are still together:)! Not that im not happy for Edge....
But, YAY BONO AND ALI! I LOVE YOU BOTH!

Ah, I know, that is so awesome. It's amazing how they've managed to make their relationship work for so long...and it's great that they do everything to keep it going. It's nice to find a celebrity marriage out there that hasn't gone down the tubes. And especially considering that they've been together since high school...I mean, when you add that time in along with the time they've been married...that's very impressive (heh, on a related note, my dad told me that it was 31 years ago yesterday that he asked my mom to go steady. And they're still together to this day, too :D).

Anywho, as for the list, Cute Irish Bono...I think that pretty much sums it up. :yes:. Too bad my printer's out of ink at the moment, otherwise I'd print that list off and put it somewhere.

Angela

I said his looks. I love his hottness but I was thnking more from his heart than the outside.

Cute Irish Bono, I agree COMPLETELY with your list about Bono. :yes:

As a U2 follower for nearly 23 years, I have had the wonderful opportunity to observe Bono grow and mature over the years, mentally/physically/spiritually. And while I am as much positively affected by his good looks as any PLEBAn, it has been the development of his Heart and Soul (and how those have resulted in his humanitarian actions) which have most overwhelmed me with Love and Respect for him.:love:

But I think it is Bono's humility, openness to life, nonjudgemental attitude to others and real understanding of God's Grace that I admire the most about him.:bono: :angel: :up:

And I think he would simply tell us that ALL the traits that we most admire,love and respect about him are traits that we have within ourselves to develope in our own lives. In short, we all have the power within ourselves TO BECOME BONOS and spread the same positive vibrations that we receive from him to others in our world! :heart: :heart:

I think our willingness to do that would REALLY make him proud of his fans/followers!:wink:

PEACE AND LOVE.

Jamila said:

As a U2 follower for nearly 23 years, I have had the wonderful opportunity to observe Bono grow and mature over the years, mentally/physically/spiritually. And while I am as much positively affected by his good looks as any PLEBAn, it has been the development of his Heart and Soul (and how those have resulted in his humanitarian actions) which have most overwhelmed me with Love and Respect for him.:love:

But I think it is Bono's humility, openness to life, nonjudgemental attitude to others and real understanding of God's Grace that I admire the most about him.:bono: :angel: :up:

And I think he would simply tell us that ALL the traits that we most admire,love and respect about him are traits that we have within ourselves to develope in our own lives. In short, we all have the power within ourselves TO BECOME BONOS and spread the same positive vibrations that we receive from him to others in our world! :heart: :heart:

I think our willingness to do that would REALLY make him proud of his fans/followers!:wink:

PEACE AND LOVE.

A beautiful post, Jamila. I couldn't agree more. :).

Angela

I am barely surviving in Austin.:yes:

But the Lord IS good (Bono) and I know that ALL my trials and tribulations WILL be rewarded if I just keep the Faith and hold on with ALL my might to the Almighty and the songs/psalms of His/Her musical messengers, U2. :up: :hug: ;)

BONO, I'm especially relying on you!:bono: :heart: :heart:

PEACE AND ONE LOVE.

Jamila.. a brilliant post once again....

I know the one thing I have learned from Bono is to live up to my potential and not waste it... To be the best I can possibly be towards myself and to my neighbour.. He is a great example of that .. I try and do that everyday align my life in that way ... it dosent always work out that way but I try .. I have also learned to find my solace in the simplest of places and in the humbliest of people... I am just trying to figure it out like everyone else..and Bono has a way of showing you thats okay.. cause he is to..

U2Kitten said:
What about his hotness :drool: ;)
...'his hotness'...Hmmm, I think I've decided on my new little nickname for B-man..... "His Hotness". Kinda' rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?:lmao:

I forget to mention about Bono's deep mind that you will see a lot in his lyrics! Great post again, Jamila! Yes, hold on to the faithful and special B-Man! :cute:

My list...

1. His morals
2. His faith
3. His wife
4. His lyrics
5. His shirt sleeves
6. His heart
7. His way of speaking
8. His loyalty to what he believes in
9. His loyalty to his bandmates
10. His honesty
11. His blue eyes
12. His SOUL shoes
13. His awkward coolness
14. His accent
15. His intelligence
16. His sense of humor
17. His taste in music
18. His goofy signature
19. His hair
20. His swearing
21. His heart symbol against his chest

Bono's a sort of living idea, i.e. it coulb be great if there would be more people like him on earth.

One of the things I love the most is his way of being so humble at times. You know, he's so sweet when he thanks his family, the fans and so on. Really moving! :sad:

And I like his way of communicating with fans while on stage -- Gosh, you have the impression he's ready to do anything just so that you can have FUN!

And I like the fact he's so connected to world problems!

He's the kind of person who can make the difference, isn't he?

I definitely notice his accent. :yes:. I think he has an adorable one. :). It's so fun to hear him say certain words in it.

valentina said:
Bono's a sort of living idea, i.e. it coulb be great if there would be more people like him on earth.

One of the things I love the most is his way of being so humble at times. You know, he's so sweet when he thanks his family, the fans and so on. Really moving! :sad:

And I like his way of communicating with fans while on stage -- Gosh, you have the impression he's ready to do anything just so that you can have FUN!

And I like the fact he's so connected to world problems!

He's the kind of person who can make the difference, isn't he?

:up: Agree wholeheartedly with this.

Angela

Jamila said:

PEACE AND LOVE.

I agree. We can all try to be like him and spread positive vibes and giving as much as we can. Beautiful post!

valentina said:

Examples? I know it's not so easy by writing it....

Coming in a bit late on this thread, but ...

my favorite example of Bono's accent is in R&H when he talks about the "tribbles" (troubles) in Northern Ireland. Being an avid (original) Star Trek fan:reject: , I can't help but laugh every time I hear that!

(for those of you that aren't geeks, "tribbles" were little balls of fur that got onto the Enterprise & multiplied until they were EVERYWHERE! A very funny episode!)

Anyway...things I love about Bono...(a lot of these have already been mentioned)

1. Again, his unwavering faith
2. His belief that one person really CAN make a difference.
3. His love for his family & the band.
3. His willingness to bare his soul to us through his music.
4. The fact that he's not afraid to let his emotions show.
5. His overwhelming passion...everything he does, he does with his whole being.
6. His almost child-like need to befriend everyone he meets.
7. His humility.
8. The fact that his voice isn't always perfect...it gives me chills every time I hear his voice break or strain when he's singing.
9. His complete disregard for his friends' personal space...if he loves you-male, female, animal, mineral or vegetable-you're going to get hugged &/or petted. I adore the fact that he's a natural, uninhibited cuddler...most men are so afraid of showing their affection for anyone, but it seems so natural to Bono.
10. His hair!!!! JT/R&H & the Fly especially.
11. Leather pants!!
12. His chin & the scar on it.
13. His laugh/smile when he's truly happy...the first example that comes to mind is the precious little smile on his face when he's singing "In God's Country" on R&H. (yes, I've watched that WAYYY too many times!)
14. The whole JT era look :drool: :drool:
15. His incredible, ethereal beauty when he was young. He was so beautiful it often brings tears to my eyes...he had an almost mythical, faerie look...incredibly sexy, but at the same time so delicate & almost feminine looking. It's hard to explain, but he was so beautiful he almost didn't seem human...more like some beautiful, amazing creature out of a fairy tale.
16. Taking Larry under his wing when his mother died.
17. His natural child-likeness. Even after being in the business for so long, Bono has none of the jaded, been there, done that rock star attitude. He seems to still be in awe of & grateful for every new day & the new experiences it offers...he's still excited about life.
18. continuing the thought i had on 17 & I think the thing I love most about Bono...he's so ALIVE...can't really explain what I mean, he just is...

Bono is so beautiful also NOW!!!

Of course, when he was younger he was much more good looking, but I'm still thinking he's one of the most sexy guy on earth!

It all depends on the sight...

And, Edgepet, me too I'm in love with the fact his voice isn't perfect: I mean, whose is?

I never met Bono, neither went to a U2 concert (SHAME!SHAME!SHAME!), but I'm sure that the thing that impress the most is Bono's being so natural!

Edgespet said:
Coming in a bit late on this thread, but ...

my favorite example of Bono's accent is in R&H when he talks about the "tribbles" (troubles) in Northern Ireland. Being an avid (original) Star Trek fan:reject: , I can't help but laugh every time I hear that!

(for those of you that aren't geeks, "tribbles" were little balls of fur that got onto the Enterprise & multiplied until they were EVERYWHERE! A very funny episode!)

Heh, I haven't caught that before.

Two examples I can think of in regards to his accent...when he was on the "Oprah" show, I remembered getting a kick out of hearing him say "mal" ("mall") and "advertisment" ("advertisement").

Originally posted by Edgespet
Anyway...things I love about Bono...(a lot of these have already been mentioned)

2. His belief that one person really CAN make a difference.
3. His love for his family & the band.
3. His willingness to bare his soul to us through his music.
4. The fact that he's not afraid to let his emotions show.
5. His overwhelming passion...everything he does, he does with his whole being.
6. His almost child-like need to befriend everyone he meets.
7. His humility.
9. His complete disregard for his friends' personal space...if he loves you-male, female, animal, mineral or vegetable-you're going to get hugged &/or petted. I adore the fact that he's a natural, uninhibited cuddler...most men are so afraid of showing their affection for anyone, but it seems so natural to Bono.
13. His laugh/smile when he's truly happy...the first example that comes to mind is the precious little smile on his face when he's singing "In God's Country" on R&H. (yes, I've watched that WAYYY too many times!)
15. His incredible, ethereal beauty when he was young. He was so beautiful it often brings tears to my eyes...he had an almost mythical, faerie look...incredibly sexy, but at the same time so delicate & almost feminine looking. It's hard to explain, but he was so beautiful he almost didn't seem human...more like some beautiful, amazing creature out of a fairy tale.
16. Taking Larry under his wing when his mother died.
17. His natural child-likeness. Even after being in the business for so long, Bono has none of the jaded, been there, done that rock star attitude. He seems to still be in awe of & grateful for every new day & the new experiences it offers...he's still excited about life.

These were my particular favorites out of your list (although I liked everything else you said, too). Especially the ones about him being all affectionate with people. I've always found that to be an adorable thing with him. And your description of his beauty back when he was younger...that's an interesting way of putting it. :).

Originally posted by valentina
I never met Bono, neither went to a U2 concert (SHAME!SHAME!SHAME!)

You're not alone-I have not had the fortune of experiencing either of those things yet as well. :sigh:. Hopefully someday soon, though...

Angela

"Larry is in the bath." To me, that's a great accent part by Bono.

Last edited:
Yeah, he loves to cuddle people! :) Sadly, on an interview he sadid that he gets pictures of his kids on the computer when he's on tour and he said something like this "I wish I could cuddle them, but I can't."

Cute Irish Bono said:
Yeah, he loves to cuddle people! :) Sadly, on an interview he sadid that he gets pictures of his kids on the computer when he's on tour and he said something like this "I wish I could cuddle them, but I can't."

Awww...how sweet!!:love: :cute:

What a wonderful man!!! Bet he's a great dad too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom