2012's Misc Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 37 and almost always wearing skirts and dresses and short ones, in summer, too. When it's cold I wear coloufrul long stockings with stripes and dots and stuff. Some people say I dress like a girl. So what, I feel like a girl! I know people my age or even slightly younger who dress like they are grannies. I hope that I can dress like Ali when I'm her age. She can easily show her legs because they are beautiful. If a woman feels good and confident about her body and is in good shape, I don't see why she shouldn't dress that way. Age is just a numer, I'm sick of hearing about it. I hardly ever know my age, when people ask me I have to think about the year I was born in to get it right. There are days when I feel oder than I actually am and many days when I feel younger, so the number alone doesn't mean anything to me.

I love Ali's looks and I think she and Bono both look beautiful, I don't care how "old" they are.

I think it takes guts to not absorb the media messages that we are "done" at 25, which is why I applaud women who just say screw it, I'm wearing a short skirt. I keep seeing Madonna get busted on for her age, and it makes me angry. So really, it is an act of rebellion to not go with the flow. And I love women who set that example, whether consciously or not.

Okay, I understand the point you were trying to make, I was just a little baffled! :wink: I've never let my age get in my way. I've been told that I look 10-15 years younger than my age, and most people are always surprised when they find out my actual age and was carded at bars/restaurants etc. well into my 30's and I think one of the main reasons for all of this is coz I've never dressed, or will ever dress, like an old grannie! So I guess that makes me unconscious rebel!! :D

Okay, I understand the point you were trying to make, I was just a little baffled! :wink: I've never let my age get in my way. I've been told that I look 10-15 years younger than my age, and most people are always surprised when they find out my actual age and was carded at bars/restaurants etc. well into my 30's and I think one of the main reasons for all of this is coz I've never dressed, or will ever dress, like an old grannie! So I guess that makes me unconscious rebel!! :D

Yay rebellion!
People are surprised when I say my age, both because looking young and dewy runs in the family and because I'm mentally about 12 anyway. I think age is just a number that doesn't matter, and it is about your attitude. Hotness is unrelated to age, or weight, or any of the other media fueled values.

Also, I just started using NUDE skin care stuff, and wow what it did for my skin. Nobody will ever guess my real age now!

Same here, I don't really understand why some dress up like they're much older. I have have a friend which is about a year younger than me (31) but dresses very...um...mature, while I just can't keep my hands off youth street fashion. It's just much more fun. :D
I've met people much older than I that wouldn't be caught dead in sensible tone-downed clothing. :applaud:

Same here, I don't really understand why some dress up like they're much older. I have have a friend which is about a year younger than me (31) but dresses very...um...mature, while I just can't keep my hands off youth street fashion. It's just much more fun. :D
I've met people much older than I that wouldn't be caught dead in sensible tone-downed clothing. :applaud:

my teenage daughter has been giving me all her hand-me-downs lately (she's taller than me now) - oh god it's amazing! i feel like i have masses of new clothes all of a sudden haha :D

it's so funny - when i was young, early twenties, if a man called me "mademoiselle" (miss) i would get all shirty with them and say "MADAME s'il vous plait" haha but i've noticed recently if anyone calls me "mademoiselle" i am soooo grateful it's unreal and i totally let it go haha

385835501000100408635no.jpg

385835701000100408633no.jpg

Never ceases to amaze me - these guys are married nearly 30 years, and every time you see em together they look like newlyweds.

When Bono sings "I was born to be with you", he aint kiddin. :love:

Never ceases to amaze me - these guys are married nearly 30 years, and every time you see em together they look like newlyweds.

When Bono sings "I was born to be with you", he aint kiddin. :love:

Awwwwwwww...Fiiiiiine, if he won't run away with me, he really couldn't do better than that. I'm sure Bono having a healthy relationship is a big part of why U2 have never had effed up/misogynistic lyrics.

Yeah well... I'm back in Spain and still shocked... :lol::lol:

No, I didn't tell them anything because I didn't want to bother them, they were chatting and drinking so... I thought it was a private moment for them... Anyway I'm so thrilled to have seen them so so close...

I went to Hanover Quay on saturday and had a beer outside of one of the nearest bars... I didn't see any movement sadly... (although I ran into one of the main characters from the Game of thrones tv series... :lol: )

They seemed to be having a beer before going to dinner... Bono arrived first with Guggy, Woody Harrelson and another guy and 15 minutes later Edge came by with Morleigh... they just stood there chatting and having a beer beside me...

yay!!! how cool is that :)) :up: :up:

I'm sure Bono having a healthy relationship is a big part of why U2 have never had effed up/misogynistic lyrics.

It's a common theme with U2 isn't it? Strong long-term relationships. Loyalty. It extends even to fans, I know it does to me.

Besides family, just look at how long they've been with the same manager, Dallas and the other techs, Joe O'Herlihy, Willie Williams, boyhood friends, producers, the band members themselves... it's a long list of long-term relationships. I'm happy to be a microscopic part of that. :D

I found this pic of Dallas at HQ this weekend.

2012-04-23_Dallas_HQ.jpg

DALLAS!!! You rock bro :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom