2006 Q Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
schnumi said:
I think that the aussie's etc may praise themselfs very lucky, they will get a refreshed, great looking U2 playing there, blowing the roof.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what i've been thinking today! :wink: they're gonna go into these shows with a kind of new energy&fresh attitude - they might get some of the best concerts yet in Oz and i'm happy for them as it's been too long! :D :happy:

Thanks for all the great pics and updates here. I've not seen Oasis live. Do they compare at all to U2's live shows? Just wondering... I'm surprised too that they could beat U2 for that, but never having seen for myself just wondering what those of you have think?

bonocomet said:
Thanks for all the great pics and updates here. I've not seen Oasis live. Do they compare at all to U2's live shows? Just wondering... I'm surprised too that they could beat U2 for that, but never having seen for myself just wondering what those of you have think?
They put on a great show. It's just different. I'm not sure quite how to describe it :scratch: I realize the Gallaghers are an aquired taste, but yeah, you really have to "get" them to know what I mean I guess :wink:

Thanks kafrun. I'll have to check it out I guess. I only have one of their cd's and have really only listened to it a few times...
:reject:

kafrun said:

They put on a great show. It's just different. I'm not sure quite how to describe it :scratch: I realize the Gallaghers are an aquired taste, but yeah, you really have to "get" them to know what I mean I guess :wink:

I like oasis alot but I saw them last year in NY, it was AWFUL.. total disappointment. The set maybe played for an hour tops... the ending was abrupt and then the lights came on... there was a group of about 15 of us there and some were die-hard Oasis fans, needless to say even they were like WTF. They stood up on stage, played exactly like on their records and did not connect one bit with the crowd...Worse is that I think the oasis brothers are complete tools -waste of talent - they need to get over themselves and take some happy pills..

I just finally read the Q web update on the awards and realized that the event was not televised.. what a bummer! You can see clips of the awards being presented and the winners on a UK mobile carrier O2 but alas living in NYC this will not help me...

hopefully we'll get something on youtube or U2.com
:sad:

:heart: Edge! :heart:
He looks SO cute in that suit jacket! And that's so cool how he won that Innovation in SOund award. Very fitting :up:
Hope there are some bigger pics soon!

Does anyone know when and if they Q awards will be shown on tv? I really want to see larry present that award! :drool:

ramblin rose said:
q2006_larry_160.jpg

:giggle: Has Bono been teaching Larry how to hold his suit jacket closed? Put them side by side in that pic and they'd look like bookends! god love 'em!!!

tbird said:
I just finally read the Q web update on the awards and realized that the event was not televised.. what a bummer!
:( I was hoping to see some videos of the event by now.. I stayed awake until midnight just to see Jonathan Ross shake hands with Adam on the ITV news. :crack:

Is Edge reading off a Blackberry or some such in that photo?

I'd love to see photos of their arrival down under if any of our Aussie friends can snap them.

Bibien said:

I stayed awake until midnight just to see Jonathan Ross shake hands with Adam on the ITV news. :crack:

Sorry about that Biben! I was expecting more than that mysef :sad: :madspit: @ITV news

Anji said:

Sorry about that Biben! I was expecting more than that mysef :sad: :madspit: @ITV news
Oh no, don't apologize! At least I saw something of the ceremony, thanks to you! And I saw Adam :sexywink:

Is that all they showed on the itv news Bibien&Anj? I missed it but i'm so happy i didn't miss Bono on there :wink:

Although, funnily enough itv are usually good at broadcasting stuff about Bono! They had quite a lot about him doing the G8, Davos&when he spoke at the Labour conference :applaud:

Last edited:
susanp6 said:
Is that all they showed on the itv news Bibien&Anj? I missed it but i'm so happy i didn't miss Bono on there :wink:

Although, funnily enough itv are usually good at broadcasting stuff about Bono! They had quite a lot about him doing the G8, Davos&when he spoke at the Labour conference :applaud:

pretty much. They showed Adam get up first and quickly talk to Jonathan, then you could see Bono get up and shake his hand, you just saw Larry get up and they Cut it :madwife:

silvrlvr said:
Is Edge reading off a Blackberry or some such in that photo?

I'd love to see photos of their arrival down under if any of our Aussie friends can snap them.

I'm guessing it's his Blackberry as he was reading his Hall of Fame speech from one as well. And let's not forget "Dahbokee" :wink:

Back
Top Bottom