2003 Academy Awards Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: daniel day-lewis :hug:
he'd best win too

aaand.. was that a bit of SBS I heard on the end there?
and the opera part was really neato, albeit slightly frightening ;)

Gah! Colin was so cute, when they said his name I knew he'd be intro'ing them, that was so cool! I was kinda worried when they started, seemed like they played in a pretty high key, but B did great :)

THAT SUCKS!! :down: I thought Eminem had no chance!

Our poor boys, sitting there thinking of what they'd say, they must be so sad. I know I am. No cute speeches, no jokes, no pics, no Oscar :sad: What a disappointment :(

I know it's bittersweet now, but here was a great pic of the guys with their ladies :heart:

1048471884.3691307133.jpg

*Is terribly late because computer is slow and was Interference just down for anyone else???*

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???

My mom cried during Hands. When they started she was making fun of my little "crush" on Bono and then Edge's hat (apparently she forgot she thought he was cute on the Today show). Then he sang the "Early spring" (VERY nice switch, if you ask me...) and she started tearing up and said they'd win and all we'd hear would be this song.

And um, yeah...Eminem has an Oscar and U2 doesn't.

Poor Bono, he looked so good in his ruffly shirt, and Ali so pretty in lace. You can see Edge, Morleigh and Adam in the background.

capt.1048472210.oscars_osc204.jpg

Bono with his shirt unbuttoned showing his rosary:love:

1048471372.3825582195.jpg

Aww, those pics are nice...I was so looking forward to an acceptance speech, the cute little interviews later...I think I'm more sad about that than angry about Eminem.

Changed lyrics: U2world has the video, but some nitwit is talking over Colin. sounds even better the second time around, or third or fourth.....
Late in the spring
Yellow cloud on a desert skyline
Some Fathers Son, is it his or is it mine.

Schmeg said:
*Is terribly late because computer is slow and was Interference just down for anyone else???

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??? ]

YES!!!! WTF was that about? U2 not winning and then not being able to access interference for a bit made for a stressful past hour for me.

[
And um, yeah...Eminem has an Oscar and U2 doesn't.

:shocked: this smilie will forever remind me of how far my jaw hit the floor when the did not announce U2.

Doesn't matter who one. It wasn't U2. I guess I'm sad for them and I'm sad for me too. I have been selfishly anticipating the after Oscar interviews and pics with the guys and their award.

Yes Schmeg, me too :sad: My computer had been broken and going error so I thought it was just me. But I still can't believe this crap :madspit: I wanted them to win so much, and yes I wanted to hear the cute speeches and interviews and see pics of them holding an Oscar. :(

It makes me so sad to look at these now
bawling2.gif

capt.1048473902.oscars_osc227.jpg

capt.1048473571.oscars_osc223.jpg

U2, you guys will always be winners to us :hug:

Last edited:
I saw all the films up for best picture, and several of the other films with nominations, and I agree with the choices for actor and picture. Just because U2 did a song for a film didn't necessarily mean I wanted everything related to the film to win because there were so many incredible films out there this past year.

I just saw the Pianist today and Adrien Brody was amazing. I'm not sure if Nicole Kidman is who I would have picked for actress but I've always like her so I'm ok with it. I was hoping for Martin Scorsese but I didn't think he would win. I actually thought it would be Rob Marshall.

arw9797 said:

YES!!!! WTF was that about? U2 not winning and then not being able to access interference for a bit made for a stressful past hour for me.

:shocked: this smilie will forever remind me of how far my jaw hit the floor when the did not announce U2.

Doesn't matter who one. It wasn't U2. I guess I'm sad for them and I'm sad for me too. I have been selfishly anticipating the after Oscar interviews and pics with the guys and their award.
:shocked: was my expression too...I think it still is! I was SO SURE they'd win!!!
I don't know if I'm more sad that they didn't win or more angry that Eminem won!!! That's just a bunch of :censored: if you ask me!
Bono and Edge should have left Larry and Adam at home again; they're a jinx.

Just kidding!!! Please don't flame me! ;)
:wave:

Back
Top Bottom