2003 Academy Awards Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oliveu2cm said:
here ya go :love:

attachment.php
Damn, did Bono really strted smoking agan? :shocked::scratch::shocked:

Wow, the Ali-in-Bono's-lap pics are so cute! *fuzzie overload* :combust:

verte76 said:

I really don't know; they were just clowning for the cameras.
I didn't mean Ali holding a cig.....with Ali I can imagine making jokes with her husband for the camera, but Bono with this guy? :huh:

Okay, super late coming to the party! Glad the Oscars are over because I am exhausted.

Must get this off of my chest, I am completely disapointed in Edge for wearing jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes to the Oscars, he honestly should know better. Morleigh, Ali and Ann looked beautiful and Bono, Larry and Adam looked totally great and proper, but Edge looked like a dumb kid. I was so hoping he would wear a suit like he did for the Golden Globes. What was he thinking?

And Bono being on a worst-dressed list? That is so sad! Was Jack Nicholson on there as well, because if they're marking people down for wearing clothes that are too tight, he should totally get nailed because his tux could just barely contain him.

The performance was amazing and I give Bono major props for changing the words, that was a really beautiful touch and a subtle protest. I didn't like the set up, though. Why were they not in the traditional diamond set up? Having Bono and Edge pulled over to the side completely messed things up and made it nearly impossible to get any decent shots of the whole band. And poor Adam was so far away from everyone else, he got like no face time. Sucks.

I am really excited that Eminem won, I honestly never thought a rap album would get an Oscar, at least not now. His song was the best movie song, it summed up the movie, completely went along with the movie. I am not a fan of Eminem's work at all but I do see that he is a talented writer and performer and I do believe he fully deserved this honor. Hands is a good song but is definitely not one of U2's best. I am happy, though, that finally U2 is on the Oscar radar and know that they will definitely be nominated again in the future.

dsmith2904 said:
Okay, super late coming to the party! Glad the Oscars are over because I am exhausted.

Must get this off of my chest, I am completely disapointed in Edge for wearing jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes to the Oscars, he honestly should know better. Morleigh, Ali and Ann looked beautiful and Bono, Larry and Adam looked totally great and proper, but Edge looked like a dumb kid. I was so hoping he would wear a suit like he did for the Golden Globes. What was he thinking?

that jeans and sneakers and a tee-shirt are comfortable and being in a rock band, he can get away with that? how different was larry's outfit from what we're used to seeing him in lately? not drastically...it's just 'dressier' than what edge was wearing...i'm not trying to pick a fight...i've just always found dressing up to be one of the stupidest things, most uncomfortable things...edge could just be lazy for all i know and not care one way or another about what's more comfortable

dsmith2904 said:

And Bono being on a worst-dressed list? That is so sad! Was Jack Nicholson on there as well, because if they're marking people down for wearing clothes that are too tight, he should totally get nailed because his tux could just barely contain him.

he wore sunglasses the whole time too

IWasBored said:

that jeans and sneakers and a tee-shirt are comfortable and being in a rock band, he can get away with that? how different was larry's outfit from what we're used to seeing him in lately? not drastically...it's just 'dressier' than what edge was wearing...i'm not trying to pick a fight...i've just always found dressing up to be one of the stupidest things, most uncomfortable things...edge could just be lazy for all i know and not care one way or another about what's more comfortable

I completely understand that and I didn't mind three or four years ago when Aerosmith wore their regular rock star outfits to the Oscars because that's what they do. Edge does dress up, he wore a suit (and looked beyond fabulous) to the Golden Globes two months ago. The Oscars are way bigger than the Golden Globes, it just seems bizarre that he would put forth the effort for one and not the other. And if wanting to be comfortable for the performance was an issue, most Oscar performers do change, wearing something different performing than on the red carpet, so he could have worn a suit for one and changed into jeans and a t-shirt or whatever.

i see your point...i dont know, i still like that he didn't dress up...but i really should just shut up cos i've got nothing else with a point to say, am in the minority, and i really don't want to start a fight.

the golden globes were two months ago already? :ohmy:

I was hoping for Edge was going to dress up cause I about fell over when I saw him at the Golden Globes. I kind of had a feeling he wasn't going to dress up after seeing what he wore to the Music Cares thingy for Bono last month.

Oh well. I guess I don't care what he wore. I'm sad they didn't win but I'm also glad there was an "Edge sighting" this week. New Edge pics are usually the highlight of my interference experience but when it's something that I can actually watch on TV too (and tape it) makes it so much better.

Dont worry! U2Guatemala's serwer is down at the moment! Come back later, the picture can be seen again soon! Not just for Premium Members :)

they should have won.

as much as I feel totally indifferent about "Hands" I think they played it pretty well that night.

Oh - well, "Gangs" got screwed all around...

http://u2log.com/archive/002261.shtml#002261

bonobeer.jpg

BONO AND THE MISSUS

This photo was snapped at Mortons in West Hollywood during the Vanity Fair party ? the party to attend following the Oscars. Us magazine (the source of our scan) reports that Bono and Ali ?acted like newlyweds? at the party full of A-list celebs.

According to the magazine, the two also attended the Governor?s Ball, which immediately followed the Oscars ceremony. There they chatted with Colin Farrell and his pregnant girlfriend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom