2001: The U2 Year in pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
frown.gif
frown.gif

Another twilight zone disappearance, but this is a tragic loss. Miss Zooropa, Sad Eyed Lady, Olive, Monica, MVD, EVERYONE who posted your beautiful pics and wonderful stories please duplicate them if you can. We really needed to save this thread as a documentation of this year with U2 and all our special moments. The thread busting does happen but WHY THIS ONE?????

Thanks to those of you who have reposted, and thanks Melpop for telling your amazing story. Everyone whose story and pics disappeared please try it again. We need them all. Thanks.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Thanks for re-posting your story and pics Miss Zooropa!
smile.gif
It was lucky you still had a copy! Thanks to you also MVD_75!
smile.gif
(U2 fans don't write 'you too'
wink.gif
)

*Must keep thread alive until the others whose posts disappeared come back and duplicate theirs, PLEASE!*

Olive, Monica, Sad Eyed Lady, anyone else- if your story, pics or comments have vanished from this thread please try to duplicate it for posterity. Thank you.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-04-2002).]

hmm that's strange! well np, i'll do it again - they are my favorite subject lol

My Elevation 1st leg was completely serendiptious. SOME how all my tickets were messed up- but I didn't notice until the NIGHT before - which is completley shocking considering how anal I am about *everything*. I never paniced, and things worked out INCREDIBLE. Both my sisters and my friend were able to go b/c of the mysterious "mess up", I got heart both nights, etc etc etccc.. mysterious ways!
larry2.JPG

Boston 2 (june 6th 2001) My first Elevation show. Adam walks on stage and I can't believe we're in the same room. Bono holds my hand during Until and I hear the new Fly for the very first time. Bad made me a complete wreck. You might recognize the above pic of Larry from the DVD, when he's on the tip.

adamlaugh.JPG

Boston 3 (june 8th 2001) Where I became an irreversible fan of Adam. *He* just amazed me that night, and at the end of the show took a small sign I had (haphazardly, I'll admit) made for him, which he had laughed at all night. Here's a pic of one laugh lol. This was the night I "met" my soul sister Jennifer- I guessed she would be the one Bono would interact with w/o knowing her, and boy was I right!

soloud.jpg

Montreal Leg 3 (Oct 12, 2001) - a show I said I'd go to if tickets fell in my lap, and alas, they did. Drove up with my new friend Kathleen (sheisraging) quacking and laughing, and finally met up with my dear friend Jessica (Mrs. Edge) where we were treated with an amazing, high energy show. Those Montrealers sure as hell know how to attend a party. The band even didn't want to leave the stage, staying on through the 2nd encore.
dinner.jpg

Kathleen, myself, Jessica

09_bonolarry_blue.jpg

Providence 1 (Oct 30, 2001) Jennifer (Velvetdress) from Boston makes it down from India to do the next few shows with me. My friend Julie - now addicted since her Boston show- comes also. The closest I'd ever been at the show- one person away from the rail, in front of Edge.
17_edad.jpg

33_edgeshake.jpg

haha now i'm overdoing it.. more to come in a second!

(by the way, I do have more nice pics on my site linked below, so have a look- I hope you like them too!)
------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher ** <--my "spoons"

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

*If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane!*

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 01-04-2002).]

dunks.jpg

sign_for_larry.jpg

Providence 2 (Oct 31, 2001) Jennifer and I- as you can see completely blissed out. Both my sisters & Julie joined us again for this show. And WHAT A show it was!!!! Slow Dancing, Party Girl, first Wild Honey- but I mean, does it get better?
17_screen_bonolarry.jpg

it's Larry's birthday, and I knew it would be a celebration the minute the word left Bono's mouth at the end of Elevation. Bono LIT up like- like i can't even describe when he saw the sign I made for Larry at the end of Pride, he grabbed Larry and pointed, lol I went ballistic and they waved. At the end of the show Dallas took it to give to Larry and gave me in return the setlist Lars used during that show. Wow.
37_larrywaves.jpg

16_adam2.jpg

Philadelphia (Nov2, 2001)
Drove to Philly with Jennifer & our friend Rob- what an amazing fun trip! The show as another rocking one, scary during Bullet and oh yeah I talked to Elvis Costello in the heart lol
17_pride2.jpg

The last show I went to was all the way across the country to Las Vegas!! That was just a blast- going to a hot city I've never been to before, meeting so many wonderful U2 fans, it just rocked my world. I had seats for that show so haven't rushed out to get the pics scanned, although maybe I'll do that tonight. Bad/Wild Horses drove me to tears. If you ever hear a boot of that, and here those thousands of voices SCREAM when Bono started singing WH, well I was probablly the loudest lol. He also sang "Can't Help Falling In Love." I met Bono after the show and that just about licked any frosting that might have been left on the cake, off.

I'll NEVER forget Elevation!!!
12_kite_adbo.jpg

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher ** <--my "spoons"

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

*If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane!*

Back
Top Bottom