2 questions......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Somebody here prolly knows the answer to 2 questions I have. My hubby and I were watching videos last night, and during SHFWILF, Karl noticed that there were 2 X's on the front of Edge's guitar - they almost look like they are made with masking tape like this:
A17412_2.JPG

but like maybe 1 inch tape size. I don't have a close-up pic to get a better look, but it doesn't really make sense that he'd have masking tape on the front :huh:

Also, can anyone tell me the date of the last Elevation concert and where it was?

^^yup, right.

And what was the question about the tape on Edge's guitar? :scratch: Yeah, tis tape. He also had tape on his guitar on the UABRS vid during Seconds.

Part of the reason I ask about the concert info is because last night there was a tribute or a least mention somewhere of Joey Ramone (or so Karl says) at the Grammys and so he thinks he must have died in 2002 for him to be included. But I knew about the 'In A Little While' connection, and I said that Joey R had to have died in 2001 to have the song dedicated to him in the concerts. Karl thought they toured into 2002, maybe in Europe, but I was pretty sure they were done in 2001. I should know this, but I wasn't the rabid U2 fan I am now when they were touring so I wasn't paying all that much attention :silent:

Last edited:
The grammy's for 2001 were already over when Joey passed so it was the grammy show in 2002 when they had the tribute, almost a year later.

EPandAmerica said:
The grammy's for 2001 were already over when Joey passed so it was the grammy show in 2002 when they had the tribute, almost a year later.

So was this year's Grammy's technically the 2002 awards? I guess the above wouldn't make sense then, since the Grammy's for 2001 would have been this time last year, almost a year after his death. :huh:

Now Karl is saying I lost on the concert thing because of U2 being at the Superbowl in 2002. That was an appearance, not really a concert, and not part of the Elevation tour :mad:

No, if I remember right it just looks like one X above and one X below the hole in the guitar (whatever that is called), seems to be just 'decorative'......

hv193.jpg

::continues playing eerie X-Files music::

hv196.jpg

Ah! What's that?!? :ohmy:

hv201.jpg

It's Mr. X!!

hv315.jpg

MR. X: Where's the tape? You must give me the tape.

hv212.jpg

SCULLY: I don't have your bloody tape!

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
No, if I remember right it just looks like one X above and one X below the hole in the guitar (whatever that is called), seems to be just 'decorative'......

*coughSOUNDHOLEcough*

i wasn't sure, it looked like it was holding the bridge on or something, and then i thought that it would have to be one hell of a strong piece of tape to do that...

IWasBored said:

*coughSOUNDHOLEcough*

i wasn't sure, it looked like it was holding the bridge on or something, and then i thought that it would have to be one hell of a strong piece of tape to do that...

I'm TELLING you -- He's summoning Mr. X!! ::is convinced:: I'll bet you a million bucks. :yes:

hmmm...well, having never seen the x-files, i'm not really sure what or who mr x is...

so you don't know what he is even if you did watch the show?

well that's just stupid...suspense or no suspense, it's a lame concept. *runs from x-files fans*

::slaps face:::

Sigh. He's an informant to Mulder and Scully....well, that is, he WAS...Until they shot him....Anyway, I know WHAT he is; I just don't know WHO he is.

He's kinda like Deep Throat. Or Answer Guy. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom