179th RSOC meeting: can we try something different?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thrillme

Refugee
Don't know if I'm breaking tradition, but since this forum says to talk about the band members, how about saying what you like, admire, about Adam.

You can still post a pic of course, but maybe some more words to go along, why you like that pic, etc.

I've seen pics of him from the tour, wow he's looking great. I love how his shirt from opening night, matched the album's color theme, red and black. Even the buttons were red. :up:

"Adam Clayton would've taken a bullet for me."--Bono. That says a lot.

Last edited:
I like that Adam actually jumped up on the ramp for a few seconds on Saturday night.

I was so excited to see him there, I started screaming like a lunatic. :happy:

52489238.jpg

5fd1452c.jpg

4f881826.jpg

i think the last one speaks for itself...:macdevil:

i admire adam because he went through a wild phase, he messed up and made mistakes, but he's emerged a wiser, calmer indivdual. i feel like i'm still kinda in my 'crazy' period, but i hope to one day have the perspective that he does. plus, he also *exudes* cool! ;)

on a personal note, i like adam because he took the time to do something really minor, but it meant a lot to me. at the 10/31/01 show in Providence, i was dressed up like a tiger (complete w/ a feather boa) for halloween. yeah, i looked insane. ;) i had a *blast* at the show, dancing and jumping and just going nuts. i was in the heart over on edge's side, so i didn't think i'd get a chance to shake adam's hand. however, at the very end of the show, after shaking hands on his side of the stage, adam walked over to edge's side, leaned over and shook only my hand, and then left the stage. although most people would think nothing of this, it meant a lot to me. it shows that adam has a sense of humor and cares about his fans. and also that he likes feather boas. :lmao:

hooray, adam! :)

:lmao:

I'd like to let Adam speak for himself. :)

Quote: "Part of the attraction of the band is that there is an integrity there, an honesty that comes over, and I also think there is an understanding that U2 are inevitably going to strive for the best thing they can possibly do when they make a record, that are made essentially for us with the belief that the audience will enjoy them as much as we ultimately will."

Quote: " I think the important thing to retain through life is optimism. It doesn't have to be something that you necessarily get from Christianity. You just have to feel that way about life."

Quote: "I think women are the stronger sex. I don't think it's necessarily putting women on a pedestal, but I think it's acknowledging that women are stronger and you need their support and companionship to help you realize your potential as a man. That's an unusual theme in rock and roll. Rock and roll is usually... [very macho] ...yeah."

quote: "We're a bunch of noisy, rough Irishmen that are arrogant enough to drag their tails all the way around the world, and I think that's something to be proud of."

quote: "Men should not be forced to wear pants when it's not cold.":scratch: :hmm: :combust:

quote: "Nobody knows how it works. You turn the music up as loud as you can and hope people like it."

Adam is very nice guy with a cute smile and these pictures are adorable. I think I don't have to talk about his musician qualities... He's just great. My favourite bass player. :)

(Bono on Adam)

"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's
not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,
water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink."

"There are four members of U2. If there is a fifth non-musical member, it is Paul McGuiness. Either that or Adam's willie!"

:ohmy: :faint:

I forgot to mention his style. He's very cool guy.

from the afghan coat to baggy pants to I don't know what...:cool:

Yes, you're right. That's the best thing.
He must be a very good friend to have.

I remember I read somewhere that he was Bono's best man on his wedding with Ali. Is it true?

riderka said:
Yes, you're right. That's the best thing.
He must be a very good friend to have.

I remember I read somewhere that he was Bono's best man on his wedding with Ali. Is it true?

yep :D

Adam could have completely become an uptight, humorless prig when he mended his ways, but instead, is still a fun, sweet guy. He also seems so calm and centered. I wonder if he does yoga?

He really has a cool sense of style; not many men can balance sophisticated and classy one day and totally daring and defiant to the mainstream on other days. He's very expressive about who he is and what he feels that way.

And yes, he was Bono's best man; it was sort of a way of letting Adam know he was important to bono and the others at a time when the other three were all involved with a christian group which left Adam out a lot. Or so the story goes.

Sad_Girl said:

And yes, he was Bono's best man; it was sort of a way of letting Adam know he was important to bono and the others at a time when the other three were all involved with a christian group which left Adam out a lot. Or so the story goes.

Hey that's very interesting. Thanks for the insight! :)

:) No problem, I always remember little stories like that and my family or whoever are like 'Uh-huh. Who cares? Why do you remember stuff like that that you hear and not that I asked you to bring home milk or where you put the car keys?" :shrug:

Oh, and I have to say I think Suzie Smith is pretty great; as much as I may WISH Adam would have eyes only for me :love: :giggle: He seems genuinely happy with her and she seems so REAL compared to some other women he could have chosen to be with.

Adam_and_Susie2.jpg

Adam_and_Susie.jpg

Back
Top Bottom