120th RSOC Meeting!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
Bono Babe 40 and Sue, have you switched to Adam? :( Bono misses you in the Leather thread! It's okay to like Adam too but don't forget Bono!

I love all four of them! Though I am first and foremost an Edger, that certainly doesn't mean I can't appreciate the other three. Where else but in U2 can you find four likeable, beautiful men, who are getting more wonderful with every passing year? :love:

And I have been perusing Bono's folder too, though I haven't posted anything. I feel a little odd, merely commenting on other's photos because I can't post any. :(

"It's not adapting to the times. It's kind of reacting to the times.
In the eighties, our stance was very much the music. We wanted a clean stage and didn't want anything in the way, anything to clutter our relationship with the audience. But we did that for ten years, and when it came to this tour and trying to present this album in a live context, we said, "let's forget what we've done in the past. We want to change from that. That has become boring for us."
-Adam, as told to the Boston Globe in August 1992 about U2's new look

"I don't think U2 should be in the business of providing any answers. I like to think that our job is to get people thinking about issues in novel ways." --Adam Clayton

"I think there is a process of recommitment for each record, though. I think when we do get back together there is that initial month or two of dreaming up the kind of record you want to make. Then the history of the band comes into play, and you get fired up and inspired. You kind of follow your lead singer into the sunset." -- Adam Clayton, 1997

"I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates"
-Adam Clayton

"We definitely went in saying we're not going to make heavy weather out of this. If a song is happening, we're not going to mess with it too much and we're going to try to get it down on tape as fast as possible." - on recording The Joshua Tree

BEST QUOTE EVER BY ADAM

"I'll tell you, you learn a lot about women from dressing up in women's clothes! You learn that when a woman asks you "Do I look alright?" what she's reallysaying is "I have just spent alot of time making myself uncomfortable. If I go out in this condition will I look foolish, or is it worth it?". When you ask a woman to go out to dinnerit's not like asking one of your mates. She has to stop and think, "Hmm, dinner. That will be four hours of being uncomfortable." And if she says yes and then after four hours you say,"Lets go dancing, let's go to a club," and she says "No, I want to go home," it's because she has figured on four hours and now those four hours are up and she can only think of getting home and out of those clothes!"

"All the women are gorgeous and all the men are gay.
If you can't pull tonight, you're hopeless."
-Adam, on the set of the One video

"I think women are the stronger sex. I don't think it's necessarily putting women on a pedestal, but I think it's acknowledging that women are stronger and you need their support and companionship to help you realise your potential as a man. That's an unusual theme in rock & roll. Rock & Roll is usually...(very macho) yeah" -Adam

Another awesome quote by Adam (makes me laugh):
Yeah, I think I'd be a much better woman than I am a man.
I think my talents are more in that direction.
I don't mind dressing up, I don't think it makes much difference, not really. I'd love to wear women's underwear if the sizes were right but they don't really support you, you just tend to flop one way or the other."

and finally: the very very best quote is LAST
this adam's answer to doing the nude photo for AB

"I had to be talked into it, I have to say. I was very nervous and apprehensive about revealing myself in such a way. But I got into the spirit of wickness, I suppose. I really objected to the censorship that happened in certain countries, like I think in America they put a nasty black X over it or something. I think nude photography is absolutely appropriate and it shouldn't embarrass anyone. I think the pictures that Robert Mapplethorpe took of male nudes- those portraits- helped me to look at myself as a man and to get used to looking at penises. It's a hard thing to overcome to begin with but I think it's good. I only wish I had an erection at the time."

:shifty:

Its been a looooong time since I've been around these parts :D

hehe...I used to sneak in here last year after I had the "Adam in a Jaguar at a rest stop dream" :reject: :silent:

Bono's American Wife said:
:shifty:

Its been a looooong time since I've been around these parts :D

hehe...I used to sneak in here last year after I had the "Adam in a Jaguar at a rest stop dream" :reject: :silent:

what???????????????:ohmy: my twin had a dream about adam:ohmy: :lmao:

Nice quotes Kelly! My favorite Adam quote is "Making love involves 2 people, having sex only involves one" and then there's "They had to airbrush it (the AB nude photo) so I'd look more normal." :ohmy:

adamswildhoney said:
BEST QUOTE EVER BY ADAM

"I'll tell you, you learn a lot about women from dressing up in women's clothes! You learn that when a woman asks you "Do I look alright?" what she's reallysaying is "I have just spent alot of time making myself uncomfortable. If I go out in this condition will I look foolish, or is it worth it?". When you ask a woman to go out to dinnerit's not like asking one of your mates. She has to stop and think, "Hmm, dinner. That will be four hours of being uncomfortable." And if she says yes and then after four hours you say,"Lets go dancing, let's go to a club," and she says "No, I want to go home," it's because she has figured on four hours and now those four hours are up and she can only think of getting home and out of those clothes!"

Finally, a man GETS IT! Now, if only women's fashion designers would figure it out... :yell:

I should be doing homework :angel:

xmas2002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom