10 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Moving on from the 10 eternal question thread lower down, I got to wondering if I could interview the B, what I'd ask him. It'd be interesting to know what anyone else would ask.

So, for what it's worth here's mine:

1) If you could change any aspect of your life, what would it be?

2) Is there anything about yourself that you don't like?

3) If you could be anyone else past or present, who would you most like to be and why?

4) If you could live your life all over again, what road would you take?

5) Do you think that there's anything about you that Ali would like to change? :)giggle: )

6) What if anything, really gets up your nose?

7) Do you think that you could ever be a teacher at school, and if so, do you think you'd make a good one or would you stink?

8) At what age do you intend to stop touring or will you continue when you're old and wrinkly?

9) Can you see yourself still jamming w/Edge when you're both in an old people's home?

10) Will Larry ever really smile?

Ok, any other ideas?

He smiles often, so not a good question, IMO. Perhaps, if you must have something related to this, then: What cracks Larry up?

youvedonewhat said:
Moving on from the 10 eternal question thread lower down, I got to wondering if I could interview the B, what I'd ask him. It'd be interesting to know what anyone else would ask.

So, for what it's worth here's mine:

1) If you could change any aspect of your life, what would it be?

2) Is there anything about yourself that you don't like?

3) If you could be anyone else past or present, who would you most like to be and why?

4) If you could live your life all over again, what road would you take?

5) Do you think that there's anything about you that Ali would like to change? :)giggle: )

6) What if anything, really gets up your nose?

7) Do you think that you could ever be a teacher at school, and if so, do you think you'd make a good one or would you stink?

8) At what age do you intend to stop touring or will you continue when you're old and wrinkly?

9) Can you see yourself still jamming w/Edge when you're both in an old people's home?

Ok, any other ideas?

Just one... there are actually four people in this band. (And they are not actually caricatures... see Q. 10) They all contribute to the whole, immeasurably. Can you actually see anything/one besides Bono? The others would definitely add a lot to your "quiz. "

I would like to ask him a bunch of questions related to theology. Stuff that would bore the pants off of most people, but as someone who spends a good deal of time studying theology, I've always thought Bono is annoying ambiguous when discussion religion, probably because people would get on his case if he's any more specific. Then I'd ask some questions regarding his views on economics and third world development (key word being HIS - I want to know how HE feels, not some quotes from Jeff Sachs or bastard politicians!!).

Other specifics I'm interested in...

What's the hardest part about being a "rockstar"?

As someone who potentially has everything, is there anything you feel you're missing out on?

What experiences in your life impact how you raise your kids? (death of mother, relationship with father, experiences as a musician, trips to Africa, etc)

This is hard!....

Re: Re: 10 questions

GracelandHarley said:

Can you actually see anything/one besides Bono? The others would definitely add a lot to your "quiz. "

I don't think that's necessarily true. For me it's like I love U2, and then I have this interest in Bono beyond his role in the band. When I'm at a concert, it's all about U2, all about the music, collectively. Farther than that, I have a more specific interest in Bono. I don't think there's anything wrong with that or it makes someone less of a fan of U2 as a whole. The questions I just posted, honestly I don't really have much interest in how the others would answer. Kinda like how Russell Crowe's my favorite actor, but I don't really need to know his answers to my questions either. If I had to think of ten questions I'd be asking the band collectively, they would not be the same as the ones I just thought of. Most of what I'm interested in asking Bono has no relevance to the other band members and might even offend them (b/c it'd be like treating them collectively as Bono rather than U2). Also, I'd ask Bono questions specific to his life experiences. You can't ask Edge how the death of Bono's mother and distance of his father effected Bono's spirituality. My questions for Edge, Larry, and Adam would be specific to them and way different than my questions for Bono.

Re: Re: Re: 10 questions

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. For me it's like I love U2, and then I have this interest in Bono beyond his role in the band. When I'm at a concert, it's all about U2, all about the music, collectively. Farther than that, I have a more specific interest in Bono. I don't think there's anything wrong with that or it makes someone less of a fan of U2 as a whole. The questions I just posted, honestly I don't really have much interest in how the others would answer. Kinda like how Russell Crowe's my favorite actor, but I don't really need to know his answers to my questions either. If I had to think of ten questions I'd be asking the band collectively, they would not be the same as the ones I just thought of. Most of what I'm interested in asking Bono has no relevance to the other band members and might even offend them (b/c it'd be like treating them collectively as Bono rather than U2). Also, I'd ask Bono questions specific to his life experiences. You can't ask Edge how the death of Bono's mother and distance of his father effected Bono's spirituality. My questions for Edge, Larry, and Adam would be specific to them and way different than my questions for Bono.

Thank you, Lies, for your well-considered reply to my not-really-considered-enough post, which was rather pissy! I didn't really mean it to sound as it did, after I re-read it tonight... it is true that those of us non-Bono "die-hards" get a little frustrated around here sometimes. But, so it goes.

I didn't mean to rain on your thread, youvedonewhat!! Sorry about that!

Re: Re: Re: Re: 10 questions

GracelandHarley said:

Thank you, Lies, for your well-considered reply to my not-really-considered-enough post, which was rather pissy! I didn't really mean it to sound as it did, after I re-read it tonight... it is true that those of us non-Bono "die-hards" get a little frustrated around here sometimes. But, so it goes.

I didn't mean to rain on your thread, youvedonewhat!! Sorry about that!

Thank you.:)

I merely wondered what ppl would ask Bono should they have the chance. And the only reason I thought about him and not the others was simply because he's got his fingers, it seems, into so many pies. I just find myself being interested in him as there always seems to be things that he's up to.

And I didn't mean to offend anyone w/my Larry question. It was just meant as a pun as there doesn't seem to be as many 'grinning' pix of Larry then the others.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 10 questions

this thread has made my brain hurt for the past day!
and still I can't think of a good question to ask him!!! I mean, there are millions, but I can't decide what questions would be good, I mean really good to ask him.. he's complex, and as you said doing a lot of different things.. so.. I dunno :crazy:

what do you think of slash fan fic sites:hmm: :flirt: :hyper: :happy: :eek: :heart: come on they have to know theres a lot out there spesh bono and edge id love to see the look on there face when they where asked:giggle: :shh: :hug: :lmao:

I would ask "Why do you believe in God?" and also "Why do you think the tradegies that have occured in your life turned you towards God, compared to other people whose personal tradegies turn them away from God?"

I would also ask:

What do you find most difficult about being a parent?

What do you hope for most for your children?

Can you identify any moment in your life where you just knew God was setting you on this path?

Have you ever felt that your mother is 'watching over you'?

With your troubled relationship with your father, why do you think you took the attitude of 'I am going to be more than you thought I could be' rather than the attitude of 'You're right, I am going to be exactly what you thought' that others in a similar situation seem to take?

I would be really interested to hear the answers to those questions.....

MIKI78 said:
what do you think of slash fan fic sites:hmm: :flirt: come on they have to know theres a lot out there spesh bono and edge id love to see the look on there face when they where asked:giggle: :shh: :hug: :lmao:

Although I'm sure that they must have come across it at some point (I'm sure they must know it exists - has anyone here read the newspaper article on Franz Ferdinand's reaction to slash fiction? Hilarious stuff), I'd rather it not actually be specifically brought to their attention. :reject:

Same goes with het fic, and with any Real Person Fiction - I think writing it is fine, but telling them? Just....no.

On a lighter note, however, I always thought if they ever did find out about slash fic, I think Adam out of all them would be amused by it. Larry, not so much. :shifty:

Last edited:
To answer youvedonewhat's actual question, I too would like to ask him some more direct questions about his spirituality. I actually sort of envy his ability to still have faith and have faith in people doing good in spite of the things he's seen and the people he's met over the years. Does that make sense? :reject:

It absolutely makes sense. That fascinates me, his glass-half-full optimism and ideology about the world and people...to quote Miracle Drug, "time won't take the boy out of this man". So true. IMHO the world needs a huge star like him who embodies those qualities. He impacts so many people for the better by being the open-minded yet devoted to his faith man that he is. :up: Bono.

I'd make a horrible journalist - I'm just not good at asking insightful questions. The best I can come up with is, "Do you ever get writer's block? If so, how do you handle it?" and "I'm now going to wave my magic wand around the world and rid it of extreme, stupid poverty. Presto! It's done, and it's never coming back. Now, what do you want to do with the rest of your life?" and "What do you say to the naysayers who think you should just shut up about your causes and sing in a band?"

Other than that, I just have stupid questions, like did he get a chance to read the caption book we made or what are his favorite pizza toppings. Or, :giggle: do you have any quirks?

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I'd make a horrible journalist - I'm just not good at asking insightful questions. The best I can come up with is, "Do you ever get writer's block? If so, how do you handle it?" and "I'm now going to wave my magic wand around the world and rid it of extreme, stupid poverty. Presto! It's done, and it's never coming back. Now, what do you want to do with the rest of your life?" and "What do you say to the naysayers who think you should just shut up about your causes and sing in a band?"

Other than that, I just have stupid questions, like did he get a chance to read the caption book we made or what are his favorite pizza toppings. Or, :giggle: do you have any quirks?

:shh: Bono loves pepperoni... :wink: check the CNN grammy's vid

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Or, :giggle: do you have any quirks?

Clearly this is speculation, but why do I think this would require a very long answer? :wink:

Babydoll said:
:kiss: to you - you know i love u, my bonos-beautiful-body-holic-partner! :wink:
now kick messenger and login!

:hmm: now that's a nice question there... wonder what his emailadress would be like... would it be something obvious(because it'll be too obvious to be true) or something completely unexpected... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom