1 video tape, 4 letters and 1 resume reached U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud: Thank you for sending me the link! I just checked the pics out and again:applaud: Also enjoyed the Ireland pics-I need a vacation:sigh:

just to tell u that i listened to the adam's conversation (i recorded it with my dictaphone) and when aubin's mum asked "how is the album going?? "he said "well, it is coming..... but it is slow" :huh:

and also, swan, i wanted to tell u that on the pic of Bono and my bf, we can see your video tape, (and also the envelope with the letters) mabe in aubin's ones, we will see it better :hyper:

thanks emilie........i will mail you the letter soon......I hope you like the video yourself :) and oh, could you send me the link again...I can't see the new photos.........:(

Erik.R.Swanson@espn.com

Last edited:
Emilie, have you seen him lately? Where's he hiding?Let us know if you see or hear anything! :wave:

Thanks Bono's Tart, any pics or stories you could link us up with? :hyper:

Thanks Emilie, let us know when he gets back in town!

Okay, It's taken far longer than it should have for me to post this, but I'm just a bit lazy, lol. I also have no enter key left on my computer for some reason. It's there, it's just not working, so I'll have to copy and paste what I typed up from my recollections and transcription of the meeting. Sorry if it gets a bit weird in some parts, lol :wink:

Before the trip, I'd been exchanging e-mails with Emilie. We agreed that we'd meet in front of the Q Bar on Friday 13 at 1:30pm. That fine since I was arriving that day at around 9:30am. Problem was that, on the day, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 1:30. By the time I got to the Q Bar, she'd been and gone. I then decided that I would go to the studios with or without her(hah).

Mom then whipped out her handy-dandy laminated map of Dublin and we made our way to Hanover Quay where the U2 studios are. After the longest short cut in history, and figuring out where Hanover Quay was in relation to East Hanover Quay, we arrived. We saw a boy and girl sitting on the bench across from the studio. Mom said "Are you Emilie?" she said "yes" and I said "I'm Aubin." She screamed "OH MY GOD!" and couldn't believe it, lol.

We chatted for over three hours, while I scribbled on the bench and walls with my pen. I mentioned that I was a singer in a band, and she said that she'd tell Bono that and make me sing for him. Luckily, he was busy, so when he finally came out, she forgot to tell him that. The sunset at Hanover Quay was beutiful(unlike the construction all aroundus and the random cement trucks that kept passing by), so mom took a pic of me in my I-am-bono-and-i-shall-save-the-world pose. Must've been luck, because no sooner was the pic taken then the fire exit door opened.

Bono stuck his head out and we all froze. He stepped out and waved to us. We all waved back like star-struck dorks and he crossed the street to us, since we certainly weren't gonna go to him any time soon, lol.

Emilie(to me): go to him! go to him! it's okay

Me(runs out into the street to get to him):hi!

Mom*follows me*

Bono:Hi. Sorry, I can't stay too long. It's been a busy day, and I've got another meeting in town to go to.
*shakes everyones hand,kisses my mom's hand; grabs my hand last**looks at me confused for a moment*:where've I met you before?

Me*O_O*:...we've never met before

Bono*shrugs*

A car then came speeding down the road and Bono kinda motioned/moved me back up onto the sidewalk and said "watch yerself- people drive like crazy around here."

Me*hands soulnation 2000's letter to him*My friend Cat told me to give this to you

Bono*o_O*

Me*uber embarrased*:...yeah...hi.

Bono*ignores my embarassment**turns to chat with Emilie, who has been to the studio many times before**randomly uses Cat's letter to fan at Emilie's hair

Emilie*o_O*:what?

Bono*looks like a child being scolded and stops fanning at her*sorry...

Mom: can we have a picture?

Bono:sure!

Pictures are taken. Mom hugs him

Mom(to Bono):eek:oo! you're so huggable!

Bono*thinks that's amusing*

After the last pictures are taken, he says "Allright, I REALLY have to go now".

Me(as he turns to go):Bono?

Bono*turns around*:hmm?

Me:Can I have a hug?

Bono: sure

Bono then gave me the best hug ever!mmm...yeah, he smells so good, lol. Kinda like that Yankee Candle that's called "midsummer night"...i think that's the one. very manly, yet comforting, lol. After the hug, he waved again and left.

I immeadiatly sat down after Bono left and started transcribing everything that had happened into my journal. Just as I was half-way through, the fire door opened again and Adam Clayton came out. Bear in mind that I've got a crush on him, so I was ecstatic. Before I could even stand up and put my journal on the bench, he was over on the sidewalk in front of me.

Adam: Hello*shakes hands with everyone, kisses Emilie on the cheek and hugs her*reaches out and grabs my hand**looks at me with the same confused look Bono gave me*:Have we met?

Mom:This is our first trip here. We're from Maine. We've been up for 48 hours straight.

Adam: Traveling, or just jet lag?

Mom: Jet Lag-

Me: Traveling...just...everywhere..yeah.

Adam: Do you have lots of snow in Maine? is it colder?

Mom: Well, it's cold compared to what the weather's like here. We've got some snow-

Me*grins like an idiot*:yes, lots of it*giggle*

Emilie: So how are things going with the album?

Adam: Well, it gets stressful sometimes

Mom: oh,that happens. Every job, has its stressful moments, no matter how exciting or mundane.

Adam: what d'you do for a living?

Mom*proudly*I'm a speech pathologist

Adam:speech...pathologist?

Mom*pauses*:...you probably call it a speech therapist over here.

Adam*grin*:eek:h, all right, then. that's an important job.

Mom: Emilie was just telling us how kind you are to the fans

Adam*smiles at Emilie*

Emilie*O_O*:well, i mean, you're always so nice and...

Mom: Can we get a picture?

*pictures are taken*

Me: Will you sign my journal?

Adam: Sure*takes journal and pen* what's your name?

Me*O_O*:Aubin

Adam: A-U-B-

Me: I-N, yes*grins madly*

Mom(to Adam as he writes): You know, ever since my daughter first saw you, she's studied you. every era, through the years, she just thinks you're the coolest. She even went to the rock n roll hall of fame just to see your bass guitar!

Me*hiding behind Emilie in embarrasment*:MOM!

Adam*smiles at me*:It's so nice to meet someone with good taste*hands my journal back signed "To Aubin, lots of love, Adam Clayton"*

Adam says goodbye to everyone and leaves. Emilie and I agree that we should wait at least ten more minutes since The Edge is the only one left. Larry sped past us in his car a while ago, lol.

It wasn't even ten minutes later when Edge's car came out of the garage. Emilie whispered to me that if he passed by us, it was okay. He didn't pass by, though, he pulled up to the curb, rolled down the window and said "Is there anything you want me to do for you?"
of course we all said "Picture". He smiled, stopped the car, got out and came over to us. After the pictures were taken, I whipped out the blank piece of paper I'd grabbed before I left home. Knowing what a huge fan of The Edge jam jar(Kiran) is, I was determined to get her an autograph, even if it meant sacrificing my own autograph.

Me: Will you sign this for my friend Kiran?

Edge*takes paper and nods*:K-I-R-A-M?

Me: No, "N"

Edge:Ah, okay*autographs*

Me:and will you please sign my journal?

Edge*sees Adam's signature, but asks anyway*:How do you spell your name?

Me: A-U-B-I-N

Edge*grins*:just checking*autographs and hands back the journal* I've got to get home now

Mom:eek:h, I love your wife's bellydancing!

Me*....omfg....**mental facepalm*

Edge*smiles somewhat proudly*:thanks!

Edge says his goodbyes and then gets in his car and drives off. All in all, that's pretty damn good for my first day in Dublin without much sleep, lol!

WildeIrish796 said:

Adam*smiles at me*:It's so nice to meet someone with good taste*hands my journal back signed "To Aubin, lots of love, Adam Clayton"*

:lmao: omg Adam rocks!!! :laugh:

How exciting! :happy: Enjoy your stay in Ireland! :wave:

That's so cool,Aubin!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Tell your mom she is great! :) I bet most of the moms would say the same things,including the belly dancer comment. :lol:

And....Pics,please? :D

Last edited:
god her mum is great!! :up: and she kinda looks like ali :uhoh:

geez aubin, i was gonna send u an email, i was worried, no news about you :sad: r u still in dublin :ohmy: ??

do ya know that i recorded adam's meeting with my dictaphone?? i will try to put it on a CD and i will send it to ya!!! u could hear ur voice and adam's one, talking to each other :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom