Wanted: Chicago May 10th recording

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamgirl

The Fly
Hi. I was at the Chicago May 10th Bono's birthday concert last night and am really wanting a recording of it. I don't have any other Vertigo Tour concerts to trade but do have the following concerts to trade.

Elevation: Minneapolis 5/1/01 & Chicago 10/16/01

New York Irving Plaza,
U2 Popmart Mexico City
Popmart Sarjevo
Zoocoustic
Zoo TV DC
Chicago 4/29/87 aka (Rock's Hottest Ticket)
Adam's missed Concert in Sydney (poor sound quality but you can hear it)
Reseda, CA 3/15th/81 aka (Ides of March)

it looks like as of right now, no recordings have surfaced for any of Chicago recordings so far.

Yes, it would be fabulous to have this show on DVD , especially if the whole show from the other night is on DVD and that I could barely see being on the GA floor and suronded by tall people who wouldn't move even when I told some people in front of me that I had a friend with a medical condition.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone and I know. I know people need time and I'll be on the look out. Don't mean to sound greedy or childish which I think I might be on the verge of. It may not sound like it but I'm not new at this. I had good luck getting recordings for the two shows I went to on the Elevation tour when I used to visit this forum a lot more often.

I didn't want to double post a request for this show so I posted it in here. If anyone gets their hands on the 5/10 show....I would love to trade or even do a B&P if possible. You can email me at pmag78@hotmail.com and we can arrange something.

Thanks for the info and I checked it out and I don't know about one person but one of the two people who are listed as having the show and I contacted only has the songs that were broadcasted on GMA and not the whole show. It seems there was an error when the set list was posted. I read the other persons trade rules and he seems really overly picky and I get the impression that he doesn't want to be bothered if the recordings you have to trade aren't absolutely perfect.

Last edited:
Wow, weird how things were on such a roll with the initial shows of the leg popping out within a day or two of the show happening. Hopefully with the first leg complete, some of the tapers who may have been traveling, get a chance to get the Denver & this Chicago show up. Having been and having been teased with the GMA snippets, makes the anticipation of getting to hear 5/10 all over again that much greater.

Two Boston shows showed up within 24-48 hours, MSG showed up within 2 days I think, and 3 of the 4 Chicago shows are available. Things are still very much on a roll.

Last edited:
This is getting weird. I'm able to download 4 different version of a Dave Mathews Band show 2 days after the show...but Chicago 3 is MIA a month later? Strange how most of the shows before and even after have managed to have a version or 2 surface but not the 2 Denver shows or Chicago 3. I've even started looking into some old snail mail trading partners lists to no avail. Hopefully a version shows up before the DVD release..lol. Oh well at least we have the GMA snippets to reminice with for the time being.

Yeah, this is weird that they haven't shown up by now. I had the recordings of the Minneapolis and Chicago shows I were at from the Elevation tour with in two weeks of the shows. It will be nice to have a DVD of the concert I was at which is this concert but I would still like an audio until then. If I had to guess, I don't think the DVD will come out until Thanksgiving or just after the Vertigo tour ends in the US just before Christmas.

I think we should releax, this show was recorded, its on that trade list I posted earlier.
Its only a matter of time before someone torrents it.

Back
Top Bottom