MERGED -- > Taping Shows On The 2005 Tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Taping Shows On The 2005 Tour.

Hi All.

I was just wondering if anyone from here will be taping any shows (mini disc, DAT or even Video)

I plan on taping all the gigs in Melbourne...but as for overseas in Toronto and Montreal...i doubt i'll be able to hide my equipment well enough....
And i'll just enjoy my first experiences at a U2 show!

Another question i have is....how long did the Elevation recordings take to surface?....i think U2 bloodredsky had if not, all , but most of the dates by mid 2002.

So who's gonna be taping this year?

I will be bootlegging all the candaian shows that I will be attending. I purchased some sweet mics and some equipt\metn

Theedge555 said:
I LOVE TAPERS!!!!

A big thank you for sharing your work

:sexywink: :sexywink:

NP after the tour I will do the transferring and I will let anyone who wants one have one as long as they supply the blank discs

isabelle_guns said:

NP after the tour I will do the transferring and I will let anyone who wants one have one as long as they supply the blank discs

U R a Superstar.

I wouldn't even know where to start recording a show..

From what I remember, recordings of elevation concerts started appearing almost immediately after they'd taken place.

isabelle_guns,
how do you plan on sneaking into the venue?
Its quite easy in australia, you just put your stuff in your pockets and walk on (at least for Rod Laver Arena)

dont they have metal detectors over there?

bono_man2002 said:
dont they have metal detectors over there?

Can't speak for our Canadian friends, but Stateside, metal detectors are limited, usually, to airports, government buildings, and public schools.

I have *never* seen a metal detector at a sporting event or a concert -- and that includes the first Cubs game after 9/11/01 and the U2 conert on 10/16/01.

The hardest venue to tape would be on the 3rd leg if the Vertigo Tour hits St. Louis Savvis Center. They learned from their mistake 4 years ago and made sure Metallica last September that they could not even tape the show for their audio bootleg, videotape for the bands purposes and got fan club purposes.

Re: Taping Shows On The 2005 Tour.

bono_man2002 said:
Hi All.

I was just wondering if anyone from here will be taping any shows (mini disc, DAT or even Video)

I plan on taping all the gigs in Melbourne...but as for overseas in Toronto and Montreal...i doubt i'll be able to hide my equipment well enough....
And i'll just enjoy my first experiences at a U2 show!

Another question i have is....how long did the Elevation recordings take to surface?....i think U2 bloodredsky had if not, all , but most of the dates by mid 2002.

So who's gonna be taping this year?

Well considering Paul McGuinness has said there is a very strong possibility that the gigs will be released in their entirity on itunes, taping the shows might not be necessary. Metallica did this on their last tour, and the benefits include the fact that all shows would be soundboard, and you would be able to download it very easily.

The day of the ebay bootleggers ripping off us genuine fans will be over :)

Thats all well and good BUT!

I'm from Australia.....think about that :)
Until iTunes is around here in australia, i wont be able to get them....at least, legally :)

Re: Re: Taping Shows On The 2005 Tour.

bonooasis said:

Well considering Paul McGuinness has said there is a very strong possibility that the gigs will be released in their entirity on itunes, taping the shows might not be necessary. Metallica did this on their last tour, and the benefits include the fact that all shows would be soundboard, and you would be able to download it very easily.

The day of the ebay bootleggers ripping off us genuine fans will be over :)

I hope they don't do the iTunes thing. Lossy music only available to people in select countries screws over much of the fanbase.

If it's not lossless nor available to any fan regardless of national borders, I am firmly opposed to it.

Look at the DMB community.... You can get a show that took place the night before by 2am the next day.... its amazing... bit torrent is our friends!!!

knox said:

Can't speak for our Canadian friends, but Stateside, metal detectors are limited, usually, to airports, government buildings, and public schools.

I have *never* seen a metal detector at a sporting event or a concert -- and that includes the first Cubs game after 9/11/01 and the U2 conert on 10/16/01.

After 9/11 i remember getting a metal dector used on me at the Los Angeles shows in 2001. I recorded the first night only because i was on the outside of the heart. The other two nights i was on the inside and didnt tape because i was in aw of the band. :) This time around i dont think i will be taping the first leg, but maybe the second leg........

I agree with Axver...I hope they don't put shows on iTunes. Concert recordings shouldn't be about profit. I'd rather give money and/or blank CDs to a fellow fan than give money to Apple. Fans care about the music--Apple's going to care about the profit.

Tapers, you are the best. I love you guys.
As for the iTunes matter, I wouldn't mind if 5 concerts or so would be released, in a fantastic soundboard.

I plan on taping most of the shows I go to...currently SD1 is the only thing I have tickets for...

Taper of 2001 SD, LA2, LV, LA3

:) yay, at least i know i'll be getting a bootleg of SD1 (i'll be there with ya chrisedge) IF ANYONE IS GOING TO SAN DIEGO OPENNING NIGHT OR SAN JOSE AND KNOWS HOW TO VIDEO TAPE CONCERT, PLEASE DO!!!

Chrisedge said:
I plan on taping most of the shows I go to...currently SD1 is the only thing I have tickets for...

Taper of 2001 SD, LA2, LV, LA3

Is that your audio from the DVD? Great quality.....I look forward to seeing your next project....

Once again, I praise your efforts...

THANK YOU!

Theedge555 said:

Is that your audio from the DVD? Great quality.....I look forward to seeing your next project....

Once again, I praise your efforts...

THANK YOU!

Actually 2 different audience recordings went into that 2 DVD version of Las Vegas. Mine is the rear channel version....

U2areGods2005 said:
Look at the DMB community.... You can get a show that took place the night before by 2am the next day.... its amazing... bit torrent is our friends!!!

DMB openly welcomes and encourages taping and trading of their concerts though. I have friends that go to shows with $10K plus in equipment and produce some phenomenal recordings, often better than released live albums. Sad that U2 does not allow the same.

if they release them on itunes, somebody's gunna convert them back, and then just sell them, proving once again selling of bootlegs hard to stop.

I am trying to go to the Brisbane gig, and if I make it I'll do my best to record it on video, as goes for if they travel to New Zealand :)

Also for those who are recording on the next tour, a big request: To 'nick-name' your bootleg.

Examples:
"Zoo Europa"
"Meximofo"
"X-mas At The Point"

Just for purposes of the number of boots gunna be recorded, will probably be twice the number from elevation tour I'm guessing.

Is there some website like we had for elevation where you could sign up for taping shows?

I plan on taping SD1,SD2 SJ1,SJ2 and MSG1. I may call it off is SBDs are floating around or if security sucks.

Mostly ALD hopefully-- just getting the equipment sorted at the moment. I would love to pair the ALDs with somebody who is going to record AUD from those nights.

Guido

I want to tape the 7 Boston shows. I'm buying a Sony D8 and some core sound binaurals. Does anyone have a good site that gives tips on getting in and getting set up. I never taped before, but I want to try.

guidissimo said:
Is there some website like we had for elevation where you could sign up for taping shows?

I plan on taping SD1,SD2 SJ1,SJ2 and MSG1. I may call it off is SBDs are floating around or if security sucks.

Mostly ALD hopefully-- just getting the equipment sorted at the moment. I would love to pair the ALDs with somebody who is going to record AUD from those nights.

Guido

How did you go with the taping so far?

Back
Top Bottom