BAD trader warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fcat

The Fly
It appears theres a guy that says he filmed both San Jose shows on DVD and is asking people for trades, its been a month now since several people have sent DVD's, blanks and even $ for postage to him, but no ones had anything back or replies to e mails.

BE WARNED DO NOT trade with this person:

Dean Reeve
[removed some personal info, sorry. forum rule - neutral]
Spring Hill, Fl 34606
USA

u2dismantled@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a search awhile back on yahoo, and found him on some random forum...then I let Alli know since she was the Bono girl of the night...so she contacted him....he promised to send it.... she sent her trade...and she hasnt heard from him since ( :sad: :mad:
So this sucks if its true he is a hoax :(
Does this mean SJ shows were not taped after all ? :|

That sucks. I hope he ends up sending them. I cant believe someone would go through all that trouble of screwing people for some burnded cds/dvds. Sick!

U2SJ said:

Does this mean SJ shows were not taped after all ? :|

They were filmed, no idea if/when we'll see DVDs but they were. There are some clips from both shows in this torrent.

http://u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=200
u2.2005.04.09.sj1.floor.m1.zoostation_mpg4
u2.2005.04.09.sj1.floor.m1.streets_mpg4
u2.2005.04.09.sj1.floor.m1.mysteriousways_mpg4

u2.2005.04.10.sj2.floor.m1.loveandpeace_mpg4
u2.2005.04.10.sj2.floor.m1.sometimes_mpg4
u2.2005.04.10.sj2.floor.m1.zoostation_mpg4
u2.2005.04.10.sj2.floor.m1.mysteriousways_mpg4

These clips are a preview of a planned DVD called 'Appearing Live Tonight with U2.....' It will be a collection of appearances and performances of fans on stage with U2 during the Elevation and Vertigo Tours with their stories

I think you're on dialup though so I don't know if that helps you. :(

U2SJ said:
That sucks. I hope he ends up sending them. I cant believe someone would go through all that trouble of screwing people for some burnded cds/dvds. Sick!

This guy is bad news. I too was recently swindled by this scam artist. When we were setting up the trade, he was extremely responsive. I sent him what I agreed to send, and after about a week I emailed him to find out what the story was on his end of the trade. He responded, actually thanking me for the shows I sent and saying that he sent mine "a few days ago", then mentioned that he was swamped with other trades. That was the last I heard from him. Never received the shows, nor any more responses.

About a year ago, I was swindled by someone (also in Fl, coincidentally) with a very similar modus operandi (prompt about setting up the trade, then MIA after he received what I sent). I'm now wondering if it's the same scumbag. It's really pathetic to see people behave like that --actively solicit trades, and intentionally screw other u2 fans in a trade. Someone who lives near Spring Hill FL should pay this loser a little visit.

This whole thing makes me more reluctant to trade with unknown people; while most people are good, I just don't have the time to deal with scam artists and liars.

I guess the only way to protect ourselves against these scum is to only trade with people already known (w/ established relationship), or people who can provide reliable references; or otherwise, ask them to send first.

Sorry to hear this is happening

i can verify that both these shows were filmed and I have verified that both shows are in the hands of reputable traders, these shows are not suppose to be traded at this time so you may not get your chance at a copy too quickly unless someone goes against the filmers wishes.

I have met and know both of the filmers of these shows and can promise you altho they are not 'trade only' filmers you are not being ripped off by them. they both live in Central/Northern CA.

I know of no other person beside 'Bill' 4/9 and 'Matt' 4/10 who filmed the 2 San Jose shows, other than the clips I shot from the floor(mentioned previously as torrented)

soooooooo we got any Florida residents wanna take a trip to see this guy!!

Add me to the list of people that sent him a few shows only to hear nothing from him again. I guess I am lucky--this is the first time I've gotten scammed in over 5 years of trading.

AlanG said:
. . . I guess I am lucky--this is the first time I've gotten scammed in over 5 years of trading.

I've traded on an off since the 80s. The only times I've been scammed are in the past few years. And I'm more and more convinced this scum is the same one who scammed me last summer.

The only other time I had a bad experience, the guy (not "Dean Reeves"!) actually reappeared about a year later, and posted an apology and promised to make good on the trades he stiffed people on. And, to his credit, he did.

But this "Dean Reeves" is something else, he apparently takes some pleasure in luring trades and apparently has no intention of coming through. Considering how easy it is to get shows, it's pathetic that someone behaves like that.

Generally, I don't trade with strangers anymore, and this experience makes me even more cautious.

And I imagine this clod will continue to scam people, with a new name and mailing address, in the future.

I guess I've been scammed by this guy too. He was extremely prompt when I inquired abouit the SJ1 DVD. I immediately sent him what I wanted to trade (this was less than a month ago). I sent him another email a few weeks ago and he responded by saying "sit tight, it's on it's way". That was 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from him since then. I'm the MW girl in the SJ1 DVD so hopefully the DVD will pop up sooner or later.

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
I guess I've been scammed by this guy too. He was extremely prompt when I inquired abouit the SJ1 DVD. I immediately sent him what I wanted to trade (this was less than a month ago). I sent him another email a few weeks ago and he responded by saying "sit tight, it's on it's way". That was 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from him since then. I'm the MW girl in the SJ1 DVD so hopefully the DVD will pop up sooner or later.

How awesome (about the show, not the bad trade)...I'm sure the dvd will surface, not to worry.

Trades and B&Ps are always a leap of faith when you're dealing with someone you've never dealt with.

I would advise against setting up really big trades with someone you're not familar with. Start with something small and then if everything works out well, set up something larger.

At most, people should only be out the price of a couple of blank DVD-Rs and the cost of postage. It sucks getting burned. I've been trading CDRs for about 4-5 years now and have only been burned once (on a 10-disk trade). It sucked, but the other 99.9% of trades that have been good supercededs the one bad trade for me.

I'm very new to this forum and have had a couple of trades with people on this board and I'm glad they took a leap of faith with me! I've been able to get copies of almost every U2 show I've seen because of this board!

It is a leap of faith, but if no one ever trusted anyone, no trades would ever go through. this dean reeves sounded lke he was rather smooth about it, communicated very well until he got what he wanted, then stopped all communications.

you're right though, until you have a relationship, it's best to keep the trade(s) small; if the person has a problme with it, that should be a red flag. although this dean reeves seemed to do a LOT of small trades and amassed a big collection literally at the expense of others.

karma will swing back on him, someday

Well it seams like this scumbag is at it again under a NEW name!!!

he posted to the Eric Clapton group syaing he had one of the cream DVD's for trade and his name was Teddie Smith, i e mailed the guy to set up a trade and just by accident i e mailed him from my second e mail address, i got an e mail back from the guy saying "great lets trade etc etc" it was thesame addres but he is now calling himself Teddie Smith!
Someone on another website did a bit of research on the address and came up with the following:
----------

it seems that address is
an internet service company called:

The Dot Shoppe

and is located in Hernando County in the town of Spring Hill, Florida and
provides it's professional web site design services to the greater Tampa Bay
Florida area which include Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando, Citrus
and Polk counties.

Our address is:

The Dot Shoppe
8566 Forest Oaks Blvd. Suite 412
Spring Hill, FL 34606

Our hours of operation are 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday!

Our telephone contact information is:

Local Phone: 727-233-0605

Toll Free: 877 968 7999

Also found this:

STAR INTERNET COMMUNICATIONS INC GIRIT DEBRA
8566 FOREST OAKS BLVD CONT #:
SPRING HILL FL 34606 COUNTY: HERNANDO
PHONE: 352-688-9004 CATEGORY: INTERNET SERVICES
LIC #: 00362996 MAILING: STAR INTERNET COMMUNICATIONS INC
BUSINESS DATE: 04/05/1999 DEBRA GIRIT
RENEWAL DATE: 04/05/1999 8566 FOREST OAKS BLVD
SPRING HILL FL 34606
INTERNET PROVIDER

yikes. i say we keep bumping this thread to the top of the page to warn everyone about this scam artist.

OK why hasn't somebody flipped the script on this guy yet...ya know what they say about payback.

''Dont you know bump it up,you gots to bump it up''

apologies for the horrible pun and change of words in Danzels dance song(Pump it Up)....I patiently await to be reprimanded for even listening to that song....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom