Zoo TV, Pop Mart and Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squire

The Fly
Hello,

I would like to know what are the dimensions from all the three (outdoor) stages.
Wich one is the biggest stage?

Is any of it the biggest stage ever made?

Were there any differences between the Zoo TV - Outside Broadcast, Zooropa and Zoomerang stages?

And finally, what are your opinions about all the three stage designs?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
I don't know about biggest stage ever, but I do think Popmart screen still holds the title of being the biggest screen ever used in a live tour.

I'm guessing Popmart wins for sheer size, due to that screen.

In my memory, Popmart (Columbus 97) was wiiiiide. ZooTV (saw outside broadcast in Vegas, 92) was talllll. Honestly, the Vertigo set-up (Cleveland 05) was not in the same ballpark

vertigo outdoor screen was the best for quality images but i guess that is just better technology today!

To answer the first poster's question: Yes, the Zooropa/Zoomerang stage was smaller and used fewer trabants.

I attended all three tours multiple times... They were all impressive in their own ways.... Having been front of stage at those three outdoor productions it's always cool to see the big stage and screen in front of you.
I have good memories of the Popmart show in Prague; in the enclosed area around the B-stage overviewing the giant screen was simply amazing. Same position at ZOOROPA in Rotterdam and being in the rear part of the enclosed area in Brussels at Vertigo... I love having the overview without being too far from the stage...
....I envy you guys in the Southern hemisphere.... Enjoy your Vertigo experience(s).... :)

tommycharles said:
To answer the first poster's question: Yes, the Zooropa/Zoomerang stage was smaller and used fewer trabants.

I knew about the fewer trabants, but is it really smaller?

andyuk said:
vertigo outdoor screen was the best for quality images but i guess that is just better technology today!

... are you kidding me? How can you possibly say the pixellated, indistinct Vertigo screen tops the crisp clarity of Popmart?

Yeah, Vertigo's screen was not all that good. Look at it on UTEOTW and Zoo Station when they try to show Bono and Edge. Doesn't work.

Works for COBL.

phillyfan26 said:

I knew about the fewer trabants, but is it really smaller?

During Zooropa there were only just three trabants left.
And on Zoomerang just two ( If I`m right? ).
But the stage was just as big as the Outside Broadcast Tour.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Mauwer said:

During Zooropa there were only just three trabants left.
And on Zoomerang just two ( If I`m right? ).
But the stage was just as big as the Outside Broadcast Tour.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

That's what I thought.

Back
Top Bottom