Zoo TV at the Juno's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoo99

Acrobat
Man I could hardly believe it when they showed the setup for the Juno Awards (Canadian music awards) They are being held in a large arena and the stage smacks of Zoo TV, all the screens of different sizes scattered about with words flashing, even several cars hanging from the roof with headlight spotlights. Any one else see this?

And who's this Matt Dusk guy who was nominated for New Artist of the Year? His blurb on the screen had him singing "One Shot of Happy....Two Shots of Sad"

:mad:

Isn't that Bono's tune for Frank Sinatra?

I noticed the ZooTV rip off right away........Especially when Simple Plan performed....looked like Mysterious Ways with the "Shut Up" flashing on the screen.

Last edited:
Bono's Betty said:
Hey the Juno's are being held hear in Winnipeg. There is a similarity in stage design but there are no cars hanging from the ceiling.

Forget about the Juno's we need U2 to come to the peg!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/U2TOPEG/petition.html

Are you kidding me ? Did you watch the show ? There was four full size cars hanging from the ceiling above the stage, they were even Trabant lookalikes, boxy cars all painted up differently and the headlights were spotlights. Oh brother.

No I'm not kidding you. Yes I did watch parts of the show. No I didn't see the trabant lookalikes hanging from the ceiling. I don't know how I could have missed them?

Winnipeg rips off Zoo TV and have fake names on the petition. Forget it, U2 won't come to Winnipeg!!!

Bring the boys to Alberta!!!!!

Bono's Betty said:
No I'm not kidding you. Yes I did watch parts of the show. No I didn't see the trabant lookalikes hanging from the ceiling. I don't know how I could have missed them?

I don't know either but I'll try and find a link to some pictures, seriously I thought Bono was going to come walking out to zoo station :bono:

Sanchez said:
Winnipeg rips off Zoo TV and have fake names on the petition. Forget it, U2 won't come to Winnipeg!!!

Bring the boys to Alberta!!!!!

I saw the boys in Edmonton and they rocked, but they also rocked the Peg pretty good from what I've heard ! Packed the stadium unlike some venues south of the 'bord.

haha, I knew there would be a post here the moment I saw the set-up on t.v.. I was half asleep when I turned it on to the Hip and seeing all these screens and cars on the ceiling I half-expected Bono to walk out and sing with Gordon Downie!

I watched parts of the Juno show tonight.

The stage was a virtual ZooTv recreation - even some of the screen graphic were the same like television interference etc...

What got me wondering was whether the ZooHomage was an attempt to be hip or retro(zoo was 13 years ago)

BTW, U2 have sent video acceptance speeches to the Junos before, and the one from 2002 were hilarious.

U2FP

They were nominated for International album or group....but lost to Green Day.

The Juno Awards could not be more irrelevant in this day and age.

Down with the Junos!!! What a bunch of Shania and Nickelback loving hicks.

Back
Top Bottom