you can use your code for usa and europe...i did

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
i was just letting everybody know this...

bought 4 manchester standing and 2 anaheim section 401.

i'm happy

Last edited:
Bloody hell - it's hard enough getting tickets over here in the UK as it is!!! :wink: Put 'em up!!

I didn't think u could!. I'm sure I read somewhere that they'd cancel orders if u tried using the code more than once...I don't know anymore :huh:

jesseu2 said:
chrissy, i did get standing.. 5-6 hours after the pre-sale began

Do you know what the going price for those tickets would be? I haven't done well in the stock market. Perhaps I should start investing in concert tickets.

Well good luck to ya anyways Jesse - hope you enjoy the shows! Nice to hear someone actually getting one over on Ticketbastards isn't it?

tenacious_b said:

Do you know what the going price for those tickets would be? I haven't done well in the stock market. Perhaps I should start investing in concert tickets.

it is 55 pounds each ticket which came out to be like a whoppin $95 US each ticket X 4 so my total was $413 :mad: :wink: i already got a trade for london :) looking for Dublin, Glasgow, NYC, Phoenix, Seattle!

Last edited:
Another issue perhaps to take up with Ticketbastards? That being said, the scalpers issue and the technical problems are of much more concern.

Top of the list however, is U2.com over selling presale tix that couldn't possibly meet demand. A finer example of scum I have yet to see...well this week anyway.

The other thing I noticed about the codes is that I really think that it wasn't true you could only use your code for 2 tickets to one show.

I used 3 codes today, one that was my nephews for which I bought for him 2 tickets for NJ that he will use.

With the other two codes I only bought 1 ticket for Boston and 1 ticket for San Diego. I would have bought 2 for MSG since I could have had someone to give it to, but since that was impossible I opted to just get 1 for the 2 shows that I could go to. (I will not go to a show with any friend or family that's not really into U2 because I end up not enjoying the show as much).

On the ticketmaster page for every show it specifically says fans are allowed 2 tickets in the presale doesn't mention anything about 1 show.

I can still go in to every show (right now as we speak) and buy another 2 (at two different shows) with the 2 codes that I only used to buy 1 ticket. Of course every show (except MSG, that definately is sold out of presale tickets), but every other venue including the 2 Boston Shows.

But when I try to reuse my nephews code (which I did buy 2 tickets with) it immediately gives me an error message saying its exceeded its allocation.

Granted there still are no GA tickets available but I have been able to bring up lower level expensive tickets, as well as, upper level seats at every single venue (except MSG).

I will probably end up keeping the email with the codes just in case there is a 3rd leg and there some chance (in hell) that they'll still work, for at least for 2 more individual tickets. I'm not tempted to try it now just because maybe they'll catch on to it and possibly cancel both tickets (to the 2 different venues). On the 3rd leg I'll have nothing to lose.

In conclusion, even now I believe that the information given was either an honest mistake, or intentionally misleading to avoid people buying individual tickets to more than one show, or the ticketmaster system is just more screwed up than we already know it is.

I don't mean to worry Jesus2 and others that have used the code more than once.

I was sent an email wiht a new code from gateway yesterday at 16.00 GMT and at the end of the email it said this:

"Ticketmaster and U2.com are working together to ensure fair access to tickets for fans during a priority booking presale period. Multiple purchases that are tracked to a single original Access Code will be considered an abuse of your presale privileges as a U2.com subscriber and all such bookings may be cancelled and refunded without further notification."

Personally, I doubt they'll be arsed to check it and it's just a warning to make people wary about doing it. But I can understand wholly why Europeans who have spent 7 hours or more not being able to get tickets for their local shows are feeling aggrieved that people from outside Europe are managing to get them. It's nothing personal agianst them but it just increases ticket demand for a short supply and people start worrying that no tickets will be left. It's those in Ireland I feel sorry for the most - everyone will be going for the Croke Park show so the Irish will have less a chance of getting a ticket.

should i worry if i got confirmation codes for both shows? TM should really fix this mess, i'm sorry i bought tickets for england... do you uk'ers want me to not accept them?

JohnnyBoy said:

I was sent an email wiht a new code from gateway yesterday at 16.00 GMT and at the end of the email it said this:

"Ticketmaster and U2.com are working together to ensure fair access to tickets for fans during a priority booking presale period. Multiple purchases that are tracked to a single original Access Code will be considered an abuse of your presale privileges as a U2.com subscriber and all such bookings may be cancelled and refunded without further notification."

Personally, I doubt they'll be arsed to check it and it's just a warning to make people wary about doing it. But I can understand wholly why Europeans who have spent 7 hours or more not being able to get tickets for their local shows are feeling aggrieved that people from outside Europe are managing to get them. It's nothing personal agianst them but it just increases ticket demand for a short supply and people start worrying that no tickets will be left. It's those in Ireland I feel sorry for the most - everyone will be going for the Croke Park show so the Irish will have less a chance of getting a ticket.

Another case of being paranoid here, but with all the noise being made by us, does it not just increase the chances of them checking for "abuse" of the code? I think they'll be more keen than ever to claw back any tickets that they can deem were bought by this method.

JohnnyBoy said:

Yeah, I had thought about the possibility and trying to see if it worked. However, since I have a single MSG ticket I did not want to risk that by using the code a second time. I am happy now and I want to stay that way.

:up: great Jesse, i could get in on the Ticketmaster site with my code but there were no GA tickets around for NY and Chicago so i closed the window again.

Popmartijn said:
Yeah, I had thought about the possibility and trying to see if it worked. However, since I have a single MSG ticket I did not want to risk that by using the code a second time. I am happy now and I want to stay that way.

I agree with you. Ticketmaster still allows me to go into to every show and buy 1 more ticket since I only used the 2 codes I had for 1 ticket at each show but I don't think it's worth the risk of loosing the 2 individual tickets for Boston & San Diego that I did get.

And congratulations on MSG that was the hardest ticket to get. Although I can still get seats in every other venue on the presale (including Boston), MSG is definately all gone.

Back
Top Bottom