You and your friends getting into the ellipse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
Well, if each ticket is scanned to see if it will be eligible for the ellipse, what happens if the friends you came with don't have 'winning' tickets but you do? Or do they allow the entire party associated with a winning ticket to go into the ellipse?

Winner plus A gues is what is supposed to happen. If you have a party of 3, they will probably let you all in. More than that nope.

What happens when you are travelling alone? Can you join a make shift party or can you tell them that you are going alone? Anyone tried that?

two shots said:
What happens when you are travelling alone? Can you join a make shift party or can you tell them that you are going alone? Anyone tried that?

i have friends that have travelled alone and done that, making up a 2 or 3-some of peeps that don't have buddies. it's all about the buddy system afterall.

two shots said:

Yes, just sort of buddy up with the people in the line in front or behind you. You can either find a pair or another person that is going in alone.

so maybe that will increase my chance. Ah, its still a little while, but I am really excited to get to my first GA experience. This Tour - and ever!

two shots said:
so maybe that will increase my chance. Ah, its still a little while, but I am really excited to get to my first GA experience. This Tour - and ever!

This will ABSOLUTELY increase your chances! For example, if 1 out of 8 tickets beeps, then as a party of two, you have a 2 out of 8 chance (25%) of getting in. Add another ticket to the mix, and your chances go to 3 out of 8 (37.5%). So aim to be part of a group of 3 for your best shot... any more than that, and you won't all get in on one beep.

My wife and I buddied up with a guy in front of us at Boston 10/4. His ticket beeped and all three of us went in - like magic! :cool:

I was at the Philly show last night (10/16). I had reserved seats but got there early (about 5:30 PM) to soak up the atmosphere. So, I wandered over to the GA entrance and watched the folks coming in and getting their tickets scanned for the ellipse for about 30 minutes or more. I saw a number of occasions when the event staff allowed an "ellipse winner" to take more than 1 person into the ellipse with them - sometimes 2 guests, sometimes 3. The later it got when the number of remaining ellipse spots started getting low, the event staff then started being more firm about the 1 guest limit.

dawnboo said:
I was at the Philly show last night (10/16). I had reserved seats but got there early (about 5:30 PM) to soak up the atmosphere. So, I wandered over to the GA entrance and watched the folks coming in and getting their tickets scanned for the ellipse for about 30 minutes or more. I saw a number of occasions when the event staff allowed an "ellipse winner" to take more than 1 person into the ellipse with them - sometimes 2 guests, sometimes 3. The later it got when the number of remaining ellipse spots started getting low, the event staff then started being more firm about the 1 guest limit.

My friend was allowed to bring in 3 guests with him to the Philly show (10/17) tonight.

I hope this policy holds true for DC!

Back
Top Bottom