Worries about the upcoming Vertigo DVDs!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
Hey!!

Seeing the setlists for Chicago and Milan, it's kinda dissappointing that we won't get Gloria on a Vertigo DVD...it made it's live debut after almost 15-20 years, and sounded fantastic!!

What songs do u guys think will make the cut?

Chicago DVD:

City of Blinding Lights,
Vertigo - Stories for Boys,
Elevation,
The Electric Co.,
An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart,
Beautiful Day,
New Year's Day,
Miracle Drug,
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own,
Love and Peace or Else,
Sunday Bloody Sunday,
Bullet the Blue Sky - When Johnny Comes Marching Home, Running to Stand Still,
Pride,
Where the Streets Have No Name,
One

Zoo Station,
The Fly,
Mysterious Ways,
All Because of You,
Yahweh,
Party Girl,

Milan DVD:

Vertigo,
I Will Follow,
The Electric Co.,
Elevation,
New Year's Day,
Beautiful Day,
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For,
All I Want Is You,
City of Blinding Lights,
Miracle Drug,
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own,
Love and Peace or Else,
Sunday Bloody Sunday,
Bullet the Blue Sky,
Miss Sarajevo,
Pride,
Where the Streets Have No Name,
One

Zoo Station,
The Fly,
With or Without You,
Original of the Species,
All Because of You,
Yahweh,
Vertigo

Differences:

chicago:
An Cat Dubh - into the heart
Running to stand still
Mysterious Ways
Party Girl

Milan:
I Will Follow
Still Haven't found what I'm looking for
All I want is you
Miss Sarejevo
with or without you
origional of the species

Pretty good! I wish wehad gloria on chicago and whos gonna ride your wild horses on milan though, lol
:drool:

I'd love it if Party Girl, An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart and Zoo Station made it onto the new Chicago dvd.
And Miss Sarejevo and Original Of The Species on the Milan dvd. :drool:

For a second I thought you were actually "worried" about something -- clearly you are simply hoping for a fave song or two of yours -- I hope your wish comes true and I'll check my smart aleck comment at the door.:wink:

I hope they won't put Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet, New Years Day and One on both DVDs and leave out more rare songs at the same time.

liamcool said:
We'll probably get Gloria/Wild Horses as like a bonus track, a la Mysterious Ways on Slane.
but Mysterious Ways was on the set, just edited out and then added as a "bonus" ?

Remember that Pride and One were edited OFF the Boston DVD.

Gloria was filmed in Vancouver with as many as 9 cameras. They may be keeping Gloria to add incentive to purchase the Red Rocks DVD.

BTW, they have 2 nights each in Milan and Chi-town from which to draw footage.

u2fp

Milan has 'Original of the Species'...therefore I'm just desperate to see that show...the MP3 isn't good enough :ohmy:

This may be a stupid question - but do you think they may film another Leg 3 show - just to make sure they have a good mix of tracks?

Also my only concern is that it will be naother $60AU double DVD set like Boston 'Elevation'. I like U2, but I am not paying that!

I hope Mysterious Ways & Running will be in the DVD.
I was at the concert number 2 in Milan, and I really missed these 2 songs!

gareth brown said:
Milan has 'Original of the Species'...therefore I'm just desperate to see that show...the MP3 isn't good enough :ohmy:

The Chicago show also had Original of the Species in it...perhaps they could include both versions, as from what I understand the Milan one was a pretty different arrangement.

tommycharles said:

The Chicago show also had Original of the Species in it...perhaps they could include both versions, as from what I understand the Milan one was a pretty different arrangement.
milan+full band+string section=:drool:

KUEFC09U2 said:
why not? i would love it to show up from chigago

cuz its one of the worst songs i have ever heard... and i would never show it to someone who isnt a u2 fan...

dezmaas said:
Here's a thought: Why not have the full concert on the DVD? Shocking, I know! :huh:

Good call. I'd rather see a whole performance, even with a few mistakes--makes it more realistic & more like being there.

New question: Will the Vertigo DVDs be packaged in the rumored DVD box set that may come out this year? Any new word on that?

Have edits that are long enough that you know where you are looking.

The GMA songs and COBL do not bode well.

SYCMIOYO - had some nice long edits and wasn't edited by a director with ADD.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Have edits that are long enough that you know where you are looking.

The GMA songs and COBL do not bode well.

SYCMIOYO - had some nice long edits and wasn't edited by a director with ADD.

u2fp
the songs i seen for chigago look really good, especially cobl, which is up at u2.com

infact alot of people said they would have rather have had the chigago performance as the offical video rather than the actual official video,

imo what i seen of the song (BD, VERTIGO, SYCMIOYO, AND COBL) the DVD looks exellent and i cant wait for its release along with the milan show

imo what i seen of the song (BD, VERTIGO, SYCMIOYO, AND COBL) the DVD looks exellent and i cant wait for its release along with the milan show [/B][/QUOTE]

Chicago Elevation was also apparently aired on TV among the other 3 songs.

The Chi footage looks great in it's raw form, but didn't you get a little dizzy with the quick edits - and I wish more of it was done like SYCMIOYO.

If it gets released on DVD, I hope it goes through a re-edit like the Streets Boston footage before DVD. I can only remember that the "going live to the NBA" prt was omitted.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
imo what i seen of the song (BD, VERTIGO, SYCMIOYO, AND COBL) the DVD looks exellent and i cant wait for its release along with the milan show

Chicago Elevation was also apparently aired on TV among the other 3 songs.

The Chi footage looks great in it's raw form, but didn't you get a little dizzy with the quick edits - and I wish more of it was done like SYCMIOYO.

If it gets released on DVD, I hope it goes through a re-edit like the Streets Boston footage before DVD. I can only remember that the "going live to the NBA" prt was omitted.

u2fp [/B][/QUOTE] i thought the production was ALOT better than the elevation boston DVD to be fair, some great cam angels

but well all have our opinions right? just mine is i think it looked brilliant

also dizziness=vertigo ;)

Back
Top Bottom