Working "security" at one of the venues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beatlesboy

War Child
Chicago, IL (In the kingdom of South Suburbia!)
How cool would that be?

To be one of those stone faced 'security' people with the brightly colored shirts that work at the venues...

Especially the places like the UC in Chicago where you'll get to be at four shows straight without tickets! :drool:

Just think! You could be right below the "B" man himself in front of the stage looking as if your watching everyone in the pit but really singing "hello hello..." in your head! :ohmy:

What a bitchin' job! :rockon:

It'd be great cuz then I could also be really rude and asshole-like to all the weiners who go to crap like Britney Spears shows between the U2 tours. :evil:

I guess it would be nice for a U2 concert.....but it would suck if you have to go to an Ashlee Simpson concert or something like that. I think there are a lot more crap artists/bands in the US then there are good ones, so it would suck a lot, too.

starsgoblue said:
I don't think it'd be that fun...you couldn't relax and you'd have to watch the crowd and not the band.

Yep. Watch the crowd for maniacs throwing themselves at the band.

Not that I would ever be one of those people or anything.

:wink:

Last edited:
I worked security at the ZooTV show at Dodger stadium. It was fricken awesome. We got there around 3 to get ready. While everyone else was getting those yellow ugly jackets, a few of us got black ones. We wondered why ours were black. Next thing we know, they lined us up on the cat walk.

I watched the band rehearse, where the streets have no name and several other songs. Saw Bono, Edge and Adam walk behind us on the cat walk.

As for the show, I watched most of the show. hahaha.... Watching the entire crowd bopping their heads to Public Enemy was awesome.

When the lights lit up during streets(I think), it was beautiful to see the entire crowd on their feet. All the way to the top row at Dodger stadium was rocking!!! I think I have one of those U2 dollar bills from that show.

I didn't get paid anything cause I went with friends who knew someone. But I didn't care cause I saw u2 up front and it was free!!!

I once travelled from Toronto to Montreal to see Popmart. I went by myself with no tickets in hand. I had a copy of Olympic Stadium and the seating map. I found a scalper and ended up buying tickets on the floor very close to the center stage near the catwalk. These were similar seats to the ones I had in Toronto at Skydome.

When I was at Skydome, this big security guy kept telling me to get away from the railing and go back to my seat when the band ventured to the second stage.

However, in Montreal, the main dude who was head of security for the smaller stage went to my highschool!!! He recognized me and couldn't believe that I travelled to Montreal to catch the show by myself. Never once did he tell me to take a seat when I ventured over close to the band.

;)

Back
Top Bottom