with or without you chigago...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
wow very very ZooTv sounding imo, sounds very much like the way a certain mr mcphisto would sing it :)

love the end

How was WOWY in Chicago since everyone has been saying how poorly Bono sings it lately? I personally would LOVE to hear them play it. Did he sing "We'll shine like stars in the summer night..."?

amandaeryn said:
How was WOWY in Chicago since everyone has been saying how poorly Bono sings it lately? I personally would LOVE to hear them play it. Did he sing "We'll shine like stars in the summer night..."?
he didnt sing the shine like stars like, but added a snippet to the end which i thought was really cool, i though he sang it well, as i said imo i thought it sounded like mcphisto's version lol, might just be my ears, but loved it all the same

As I'm listening to the bootleg of Chicago 4, I believe that the Edge attempted to add a solo-type of thing right before the Bono snippet and last round of the chorus. This was similar to how they did "WOWY" during the Joshua Tree tour on the "Rattle and Hum" DVD.

KUEFC09U2 said:
wow very very ZooTv sounding imo, sounds very much like the way a certain mr mcphisto would sing it :)

love the end

I was thinking the same thing today (I just heard it for the first time earlier in the morning)...

I've always felt that the version of WOWY from that last leg of ZooTV (Austrailia and on) was one of the premier performances of any song by any band. I appreciated the way it was interpreted vocally AND musically, and to be honest WOWY from 5/12 is the best I've heard of that song since Zoo TV. I would be thrilled to have it in the setlist every other night if they could match performances like that.

Better than the last two tours, closer to JT/Lovetown versions musically, a longer ending from Edge and "strangers in the night" snippet from Bono.

:up:

U2girl said:
Better than the last two tours, closer to JT/Lovetown versions musically, a longer ending from Edge and "strangers in the night" snippet from Bono.

:up:
also the version of bad from chigago, wow, possibly one of the best versions i have heard, i love the way near the end larry just pounds his base drum t bring the tempo back up :drool:

:eyebrow: you know which post that refers too.

Anyhow, yes WOWY Chicago was great especially after Mysterious Ways. The Strangers in the Night snippet was a great addition.

KUEFC09U2 said:

love the end

agreed. amazing version, loved how it kept going.

Boo :sad: Aww they didnt play it on the 9th,maybe I will be lucky the next time... :)

Rhia

Back
Top Bottom